All 32 Team Mock - Post Trades

JetroLot

https://jetrolot.com/category/mock-draft/

@mattalkire on Twitter

Top 50 up, rankings up, mocks up. Everything rolling. If you're following me on Twitter, full scouting reports by requests and/or I'll go watch a guy by request. 🙂 

Copy and paste the mock so you don't have to go to the site if you don't want to. 

MOCK DRAFT – POST MAYHEM

1 – Jacksonville – Trevor Lawrence, QB Clemson

Full transparency, Wilson is better on film and if these guys watched both Pro Days and are still 100% comfortable with this pick, they truly are meant to be. I would definitely have some cold feet right now. Oh well.

2 – NY Jets – Zach Wilson, QB BYU

If you’re a Jets fan, what was your day like today? You guys have really suffered a while at the position. You had to watch that Pro Day and smile.

3 – San Francisco – Trey Lance, QB North Dakota State

That’s right. I think Kyle Shanahan just traded up for the QB with the biggest upside in the class knowing that the 49ers aren’t going to compete for a Super Bowl next year, that he can bring Lance along slowly and that ultimately, he has a ball of clay he can mold into exactly what he wants given Lance really only played one year. I don’t think this is Fields or Jones.

4 – Atlanta – Ja’Marr Chase, WR LSU

I was in the middle of making this mock and the pick was, Trey Lance. Now, I look at Atlanta’s situation and Calvin Ridley is a FA after this year that’s going to want paid. Chase becomes BPA now.

5 – Cincinnati – Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

This is where my mind has been trending since my first mock. I just don’t see Chase and Pitts making it out of the Top 5. Pitts helps to replace the red zone – 50/50 threat that AJ Green was and gives budding star Joe Burrow a great weapon. There are linemen in the later rounds to improve in spots.

6 – Miami – Penei Sewell, OT Oregon

This pick was Kyle Pitts at 3rd overall in the mock I was putting up when the trade happened. Now, they slide down and still get a left tackle which they could definitely use.

7 – Detroit – Mac Jones, QB Alabama

If the board breaks like this, I see the Lions grabbing Jones or Jaylen Waddle. Goff has to be window dressing. Are you really going to renew his contract after this season? I’m letting my new coach bring in his QB of the future.

8 – Carolina – Justin Fields, QB Ohio State

I’m not sure who Matt Rhule would prefer, but we have heard they looked at trading for Deshaun Watson. I am not a huge Fields fan, but I can say this about the two trying to compare them. Watson used to be a VERY up and down player. When Fields is up, he’s so good. It’s both his downs and how he handles pressure that I can’t get with. Rhule is great with his guys. They could end up with a big steal if they fix some issues.

9 – Denver – Rashawn Slater, OT Northwestern

The Broncos can’t let that go if he’s sitting there given their situation at right tackle. Slater would be an absolute gold mine of a pick here.

10 – Dallas – Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina

I had no idea that Caleb Farley has now had the same back surgery TWICE. That’s definitely dropping him and Jaycee Horn is worth this pick anyway. The Cowboys get a very good defensive back here.

11 – NY Giants – Jaylen Waddle, WR Alabama

I really don’t even see Waddle falling this far as I had him going to the Eagles at 6th overall, but the trade down really helps out the Giants here.

12 – Philadelphia – Devonta Smith, WR Alabama

Personally, I wouldn’t be a fan of this, but I could see the Eagles doing it, especially after last year. Make no mistake, they had a higher grade on Justin Jefferson than Reagor, they just were looking for a vertical fit. I could definitely see (insert who is making the pick this year) going with a Heisman winning WR that is super electric despite his lack of weight.

13 – LA Chargers – Patrick Surtain II, CB Alabama

The Chargers get their hands on a sticky corner with a bag of tools that I think has a very long, very successful career in the NFL.

14 – Minnesota – Kwity Paye, DE Michigan

The Vikings got tired of watching Yannick simply run past the QB last year and got rid of him. Kwity Paye is the complete opposite. He plays extremely disciplined ball, is a very good run defender, does the little things right and plays under control. I think he goes higher than many have him going because he seems like such a coachable player.

15 – New England – Caleb Farley, CB Virginia Tech

I’m simply going to play the angle here because if any team knows about evaluating back issues and getting decent players who fall in the draft because of them, it’s definitely the Patriots.

16 – Arizona – Zaven Collins, EDGE Tulsa

The Cardinals have to keep the sack frenzy fed and Collins is an animal. This is an athlete that doesn’t come around much and frankly, he could and should go higher. I would watch the Cardinals just to see him in that defense, I really would.

17 – Las Vegas – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, OB Notre Dame

I can’t see Mayock being able to help himself here. I know Christian Barmore is on the board, but there are outstanding DTs later in the draft. You cannot find me a linebacker that does what Wu does. Go ahead and grab Wu here and then go for Louisiana Tech’s Milton Williams in the 2nd round. (if you haven’t watched him, you’re missing out)

18 – Miami – Jaelen Phillips, EDGE Miami

I have to stop for a second. If Miami made it out of the 1st round with Sewell and Phillips, I would expect all of their fans to start streaking. Just turn the city into Bourbon Street. The police would have to break out the Crisco if I were there.

19 – Washington – Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG USC

Brandon Scherff is looking for Quenton Nelson money and he is not Quenton Nelson. Vera-Tucker would be a hell of a grab this late in the 1st round for the "Football Team”.

20 – Chicago – Rashod Bateman, WR Minnesota

This pick will continue to be Bateman until the draft if he’s on the board, so if you’re a Bears fan following me and you want any other option, just ask me for others. I’ll make something happen.

21 – Indianapolis – Azeez Ojulari, EDGE Georgia

Ojulari doesn’t seem fit what the Colts like with his height/weight, but he is very long and what they want is someone that can get to the passer, which he can. He will add bulk and plays much taller than he is. Right now, Indy needs a player that can bend the edge. Also thought about Barmore here. Ballard never met at DT he didn’t stop and admire.

22 – Tennessee – Greg Newsome II, CB Northwestern

My only reserve with this pick is that I get the feeling Jackson was cut in part because of injuries and Newsome has had a past with them. That said, it also smells a bit of a question of Adoree not being tough (just guessing). That’s not the case with Greg Newsome.

23 – NY Jets – Najee Harris, RB Alabama

I want a running game behind a rookie quarterback and this guy, he’s pretty damn good. Not to be understated is his ability to do things like this as a "safety valve”…

https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1193307793345826818&lang=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fjetrolot.com%2Fcategory%2Fmock-draft%2F&siteScreenName=mattalkire&theme=light&widgetsVersion=e1ffbdb%3A1614796141937&width=550px 24

24 – Pittsburgh – Landon Dickerson, C Alabama

The Steelers have built off of elite centers since I was a child. Pouncey, Dawson, Hartings … these are not mid rounders. I do not see them going with Finney or Hass and Dickerson’s injury doesn’t stop them here. Do they like Humphrey more? Maybe. Dickerson, Humphrey and Etienne are the only three names I even considered.

25 – Jacksonville – Travis Etienne, RB Clemson

I mean, Carlos Hyde is a nice RB, but he’s not Etienne. This helps immediately out of the backfield and in the passing game where I think the Jags could also add some weapons for their newly acquired QB.

26 – Cleveland – Micah Parsons, IB Penn State

The Browns signed Anthony Walker to a one year deal at MIKE. I don’t have the full details of what Parsons’ off field transgressions are, but I know some. The rest are things NFL guys "can’t get into” and when I hear that from multiple people, it makes me think he’s taking a tumble.

27 – Baltimore – Trevon Moehrig, FS TCU

This is a team that prides itself on having a playmaker at free safety and they’re not going to stay away from that too long.

28 – New Orleans – Christian Barmore, DT Alabama

He was falling and it was killing me, but I’d imagine Saints fans would be absolutely loving this given how bad they just got slammed at DT in free agency. Barmore had a really slow start to 2020, but killed the second half with an exclamation point, looking like a truly elite guy against Notre Dame’s line, which has four players that will be drafted this year.

29 – Green Bay – Creed Humphrey, C Oklahoma

It’s not that the Packers don’t have a center now that Corey Linsley is gone, it’s that they don’t have Linsley starting at C with a Pro Bowler next to him in Elgton Jenkins, who can also play C. Humphrey present very good value here and allows Jenkins to stay at guard and be the versatile guy that he is.

30 – Buffalo – Joseph Ossai, EDGE Texas

The Bills could use a pass rusher and I’ll tell you, this kid is one of my favorite players in the entire draft. I definitely think he could put his hand in the ground full time and just does everything right. He’s the type of player that you really want on your squad.

31 – Kansas City – Teven Jenkins, RT Oklahoma State

Frankly speaking, if any other player were picked here, I’d shake my head just as hard as when the Chiefs cut Fisher and Schwartz.

32 – Tampa Bay – Levi Orwuzurike, DT Washington

Tampa doesn’t have pressing needs and frankly, I wanted to put myself in their position here. I have zero knowledge of how they draft, but if I am looking at the board right now, Levi presents a lot of value for me. I just had to re-sign Suh, he’s not a spring chicken and frankly, Orwuzurike is impressive as all hell on tape. My defense won me a Super Bowl. Let’s keep it young.

LOL Waddle falls to the 2nd round? Eagles will get Waddle over Devonta Smith, who is slower than Waddle

• Like 3

4 hours ago, matchew88 said:

LOL Waddle falls to the 2nd round? Eagles will get Waddle over Devonta Smith, who is slower than Waddle

I would pick either collins, Parsons or jeremiah at 12. We can't afford to over invest in the wr position. If we pick smith, Howie should be fired on the spot. 

• Like 2

Nice to see you again Matt.  Might want to hold off on Waddle outside the first until he runs.  Healthy and I'll piss on a spark plug if he's sitting at 12.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greenakers2 said:

Nice to see you again Matt.  Might want to hold off on Waddle outside the first until he runs.  Healthy and I'll piss on a spark plug if he's sitting at 12.

Oh I'm still holding out hope that Pitts falls. I'm seeing a path to it, although it is not a safe bet, not like at 6

19 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Oh my dear god that's embarrassing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

I had the Eagles picking Waddle at 6th overall. 😆

The trade came through and I did the mock fast. I wondered why the board broke really weird. Oh F me this has been out for a while. 

I'm going to literally go punch myself in the balls. I mean it. Literally. Balls. Now. 

I have to fix this. 

Oh my lord. My WR3 isn't in the f'ing first round. 

th-1.jpg

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Cincy pass on Sewell to take a TE? They need to keep Burrow upright.

Absolutely. 

They've talked about liking Jonah Williams at LT. A lot of it has been about fit. Very similar to how the Eagles talked about Lane Johnson at RT. 

The offense is about getting rid of the ball quickly first and foremost. Give him another target. 

I can draft Sam Cosmi or Liam Eichenberg in the 2nd round. Hell, I can wait until the 3rd and maybe get D'Ante Smith. 

I can't get a player like Kyle Pitts anywhere else. 

They apparently don't NEED to have a LT. 

8 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Oh I'm still holding out hope that Pitts falls. I'm seeing a path to it, although it is not a safe bet, not like at 6

I can tell you this, from a guy who did forget to put a player in a mock draft, but oh well...

From scouts on this team currently, to other teams, to former coaches here, to coaches on other teams ... I've heard the same things about Kyle Pitts. 

"He's the best receiver in this draft." 

"You never pass on a kid like that for anything but a franchise QB." 

"He's Megatron. He can do everything Calvin did." (I do not agree with that at all, but there's a reason that guy is in the league)

"Make it to 6? He may not make it past 3." 

I mean, that's just quotes on Kyle Pitts. The NFL is in love with the kid. 

• Like 1

Had to quick fix that. In future, one of you like say, @IFB DOG want to come on Twitter and tell me I'm an idiot and forgot to put Waddle in there? Doug Farrar from USA Today did this same crap last week and we were laughing at him. 

I read every single pick, and the explanations, and didn't realize that Waddle was missing. I was so focused on the offensive linemen I haven't seen project this high anywhere else... but therefore probably makes it more accurate LOL.

15 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

I would pick either collins, Parsons or jeremiah at 12. We can't afford to over invest in the wr position. If we pick smith, Howie should be fired on the spot. 

They aren't taking Parsons. Was told he's off their board. 

I love Wu. I don't know that he would fit what Gannon likes to do. I try to think of Zimmer and what he liked. Anthony Barr, a 6'5, 255 pound SLB and Kendricks at MIKE. Wu isn't a MIKE. 

Now, Tommy Lawlor and I talked about Zaven Collins yesterday as I love him. Would they go for Collins as he's in the Anthony Barr mold? 

That would make me happy as hell. 

Again, I'm doing what I think they'll do though. 

Who is on my short list? 

Jaycee Horn, Zaven Collins, Kwity Paye, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

I read every single pick, and the explanations, and didn't realize that Waddle was missing. I was so focused on the offensive linemen I haven't seen project this high anywhere else... but therefore probably makes it more accurate LOL.

Because the linemen are supposed to fall. I get yelled at for having them too low here, but everyone I talk to says they're going to fall like bricks. I'm not talking media. I'm talking the few people that are actually building boards. 

Was told this week neither OT would go in the Top 10. A few reported they heard it too and it was people who do have good connections. Not sure how much I totally believe it, but it may happen. 

If Slater is there when we pick, I'm drooling. 

14 hours ago, JetroLot said:

If Slater is there when we pick, I'm drooling. 

His versatility is certainly a plus, but no love by you * or Stout? * for the Oregon kid if he falls?  I'll admit I've never seen him play-but from what I'm reading he's the next Munoz.

6 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

His versatility is certainly a plus, but no love by you * or Stout? * for the Oregon kid if he falls?  I'll admit I've never seen him play-but from what I'm reading he's the next Munoz.

Sewell is excellent. Slater is better now IMO. Sewell's upside is pretty nasty. I think the kid we have at LT has nasty upside. 

That doesn't eliminate Sewell if he slid, I just don't think he will. 

I'd certainly toss him in at LG. In fact, I think that's where he'd be best as a rookie. He stops moving his feet, using his hands and gets really sloppy technique in pass pro right now. Needs some time. He was  only 19 playing. 

• Like 1