Updated Mock with Pick 12

Outlaw

R1P12- Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina: Horn to me is an athletic freak with just enough swag at outside corner.  Will start in 2021 opposite Slay and become the CB1 after Slay moves on.

R2P37- Terrace Marshall, WR LSU: the "other guy" who became "the guy" for a shortened 2020 season, he has the prototypical build to be a featured X WR. Also very young at only 20yo.

R3P70- Joe Tryon, EDGE Washington: explosive athlete with great size. Can rush the passer and can also set the edge against the run. Can play hand in dirt or standing, great versatility.

R3P84- Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB Syracuse: amazing athleticism for his size at 6'3", 212 and great physicality. Can play zone or man-press and very disruptive at the catch point.

R4P123- Trey Sermon, RB OSU: a solid supplement to Miles Sanders. He is used to RBBC, and has a lot of tread on the tires due to it. Sanders/Sermon/Scott is a nice trio with varying skillsets.

R5P150- Tariq Thompson, S San Diego State: versatility to line up in the slot or at S. Nice box player or has deep skills to play center field. One of my favorite small school prospects.

R6P189- Tommy Kraemer, OG Notre Dame: depth Oline piece, will work well with an athletic C and solid RT. Good power at point of attack. 

R6P224- Michael Menet, C PSU: our eventual Kelce replacement, Menet will thrive in a zone-blocking scheme. Great pad level, hand punch and gets to the second level quickly.

R6P225- Tony Fields II, OLB WVU: great athlete and great instincts, projects well at the WILL. Little on the smaller side but makes up for it with athleticism, a very willing tackler and solid coverage.

R7P234- Quintin Morris, TE Bowling Green: Move TE prospect with athleticism. He will need to improve his blocking technique, and I think we have the coaches to do that.

R7P240- "Whop" Philyor, WR Indiana: Whop will be a slot guy at the pro level, but I think his true value comes as a returner prospect which the Birds desperately need.

Notable UDFA's: Feleipe Franks, QB Arkansas; Oscar Bradburn, P VA Tech; William Bradley-King, EDGE Baylor

Here is your 2021 projected roster:

QB- Hurts, Flacco (Franks PS)

RB- Sanders, Sermon, Scott, Huntley (Killins PS)

WR- Marshall, Reagor, Ward, Fulgham, Watkins, Philyor (Hightower PS)

TE- Ertz, Goedert, Morris (Butler PS) [this obviously changes if they do move on from Zach]

OL- Mailata, Dillard, Seumalo, Kelce, Brooks, Lane, Driscoll, Kraemer, Menet, Herbig (Juriga, Opeta PS)

DL- Graham, Cox, Barnett, Sweat, Hargrave, Tryon, Ridgeway, McGill, Ostman (Williams PS)

LB- Singleton, Avery, Edwards, Taylor, Fields (Bradley PS)

CB- Slay, Horn, Melifonwu, Maddox, Jacquet, Taylor (Hill PS)

S- Harris, Wallace, Thompson, Adams, Arnold (Arnold to PS when McLeod comes off PUP)

K- Elliott

P- Bradburn

LS- Lovato

This is a YOUNG team.  Vet leadership comes from Ertz, Kelce, Lane, Cox, Graham and McLeod.  We have a nice variety of skillsets allowing for some creative packages on offense and we have completely revamped our secondary (my main goal) via the draft.

• Like 1

Targeted needs pretty well. I like the first 2 rounds a lot, would go a different direction on pair of 3rd round picks however

6 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Targeted needs pretty well. I like the first 2 rounds a lot, would go a different direction on pair of 3rd round picks however

Would you go later for Edge? I feel with Barnett possibly being gone next year, and Graham getting up there, we need to invest at worst a day 2 pick this year and definitely one of the 1’s next year at the Edge. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Would you go later for Edge? I feel with Barnett possibly being gone next year, and Graham getting up there, we need to invest at worst a day 2 pick this year and definitely one of the 1’s next year at the Edge. 

Depends on what sweat and Barnett do this year. If they prove they can play 3 downs we need to address other areas of need. 

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

Depends on what sweat and Barnett do this year. If they prove they can play 3 downs we need to address other areas of need. 

I don’t see Sweat ever being a 3 down guy. He has the talent but his knee is worrisome. Barnett can definitely play 3 downs but I feel he’s slightly above average at best. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It’s not necessarily different position, but different player. Tryon is a quality player so the value is good I just believe he’s better fit for 3-4

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

It’s not necessarily different position, but different player. Tryon is a quality player so the value is good I just believe he’s better fit for 3-4

I just love his size and versatility. A DE that can drop into coverage if need be? We definitely don’t have that on the roster right now. He may slot better as an OLB in a 3-4 but we need playmakers. 

Really like your first two picks! 

Horn is the lockdown, physical corner we've been craving for years, and I think Marshall Jr. is a great addition to the WR group. Solidifies the X and complements Reagor and Fulgham's skill sets.

Melifonwu, Sermon, and Thompson are also nice picks, especially where they are taken. Good value and bolster their position groups.

I like Tryon, but I also think he projects more as a 3-4 edge rusher. Would want to address maybe LB at that pick, and look at DE later on. Davis, Moses, and McGrone have my attention there. Daelin Hayes and Ellerson Smith are two 4-3 DEs I've been crushing on lately. Should be available in the 5th round. Maybe package two 6ths and come back up for Thompson.

Overall, I'd be excited about this draft class. The first two picks alone are absolute gamechangers in my opinion. A Sanders-Sermon-Scott RB group offers much needed versatility, and Sermon could eventually become a three-down feature back if they choose not to re-sign Sanders.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Really like your first two picks! 

Horn is the lockdown, physical corner we've been craving for years, and I think Marshall Jr. is a great addition to the WR group. Solidifies the X and complements Reagor and Fulgham's skill sets.

Melifonwu, Sermon, and Thompson are also nice picks, especially where they are taken. Good value and bolster their position groups.

I like Tryon, but I also think he projects more as a 3-4 edge rusher. Would want to address maybe LB at that pick, and look at DE later on. Davis, Moses, and McGrone have my attention there. Daelin Hayes and Ellerson Smith are two 4-3 DEs I've been crushing on lately. Should be available in the 5th round. Maybe package two 6ths and come back up for Thompson.

Overall, I'd be excited about this draft class. The first two picks alone are absolute gamechangers in my opinion. A Sanders-Sermon-Scott RB group offers much needed versatility, and Sermon could eventually become a three-down feature back if they choose not to re-sign Sanders.

Yeah I get the Tryon stuff. I’m afraid they go LB there, but it’s ugh...Surratt. I do like Hayes a lot though in 5 as well. I mean if Jabril Cox magically fell to 70 he’s a no brainer there. I’m also still a believer in Davion, he has all the athleticism in the world just needs to be educated on the position. He’s raw but super talented. 

@Outlaw

Definitely agree on Cox. If he's there at 70, it's a mad dash to the podium.

Truth be told, the more I think about it, maybe Sirianni and Co. wait a year to draft LBs and assess the group they have in 2021. Like you said, Taylor has the physical gifts, but needs to learn the game. Avery is moving to LB too. Remains to be seen how he will fare with the transition. If even one of them pans out, maybe LB isn't such a weakness, granted that Singleton continues to grow at the position.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

@Outlaw

Definitely agree on Cox. If he's there at 70, it's a mad dash to the podium.

Truth be told, the more I think about it, maybe Sirianni and Co. wait a year to draft LBs and assess the group they have in 2021. Like you said, Taylor has the physical gifts, but needs to learn the game. Avery is moving to LB too. Remains to be seen how he will fare with the transition. If even one of them pans out, maybe LB isn't such a weakness, granted that Singleton continues to grow at the position.

We will find out this year if Singleton was a MASSIVE overachiever, or was a true diamond in the rough. 

• Like 1

First round really depends on who is available, but Horn might be the best CB in the class, so that would be a win. Even though I rather would pick Smith or Waddle.

As for the second, we could draft a traditional X, sure. Personally I start to think this classical system of X, Z, Slot doesn't complement a new look offense we should run to use Hurts. Now Hurts can do it, he even got a nice TD out of Jeffery who sucks. But the more speed you can field over the top, the easier our run game gets to profit. But hey, just a matter of taste here, and from what we know the Eagles probably still do want to find a classical X.

Melifonwu or Mukuamu.. both are CBs with exceptional length and a good eye, so it's a matter of taste (I like Mukuamu more) same goes for Sermon versus Stevenson: both bigger backs that can catch it to a servicable degree. Stevenson is bigger and a does it with power, Sermon is faster. I prefer Stevenson, but it's close.

To be honest, I think Menet is a piss poor choice for center (sorry)  and I believe we should draft a punter rather than try and find someone leftover on the market.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

First round really depends on who is available, but Horn might be the best CB in the class, so that would be a win. Even though I rather would pick Smith or Waddle.

As for the second, we could draft a traditional X, sure. Personally I start to think this classical system of X, Z, Slot doesn't complement a new look offense we should run to use Hurts. Now Hurts can do it, he even got a nice TD out of Jeffery who sucks. But the more speed you can field over the top, the easier our run game gets to profit. But hey, just a matter of taste here, and from what we know the Eagles probably still do want to find a classical X.

Melifonwu or Mukuamu.. both are CBs with exceptional length and a good eye, so it's a matter of taste (I like Mukuamu more) same goes for Sermon versus Stevenson: both bigger backs that can catch it to a servicable degree. I prefer Stevenson, but it's close and they ae similar.

To be honest, I think Menet is a piss poor choice for center (sorry)  and I believe we should draft a punter rather than try and find someone leftover on the market.

Menet gets to the second level and has the athleticism to pull. Our last two centers were round 5 or later guys. Not saying Humphrey isn’t better. He clearly is. Just think day 2 is high for a pure C. I do feel the Eagles will have traditional X,Z,Y WRs. I also would vomit if we drafted a punter. Vet FA or UDFA Iis the only way to go there IMO. 

Menet gets to the second level and has the athleticism to pull. Our last two centers were round 5 or later guys. Not saying Humphrey isn’t better. He clearly is. Just think day 2 is high for a pure C. I do feel the Eagles will have traditional X,Z,Y WRs. I also would vomit if we drafted a punter. Vet FA or UDFA Iis the only way to go there IMO. 

I don't see Kelce in Menert, but hey if he turns out like that you sure found a diamond there. I think he sucks though.

We need a good punter, why not spend one of our three sixth rounders on one?

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

I don't see Kelce in Menert, but hey if he turns out like that you sure found a diamond there. I think he sucks though.

We need a good punter, why not spend one of our three sixth rounders on one?

Because there is zero need to. 

Because there is zero need to. 

We got plenty of picks to gamble with in the later rounds. Let's use one of them for someone who will really help the team. The idea that punters don't matter and can be found without problem in FA is just silly to me.

An idea that I have said before that goes along with this. Is I would trade our 2nd round pick next year with this year's 5th to get a quality safety.

6 hours ago, Infam said:

We got plenty of picks to gamble with in the later rounds. Let's use one of them for someone who will really help the team. The idea that punters don't matter and can be found without problem in FA is just silly to me.

A punter isn’t a gamble. One of those later picks can be used to move up in another scenario, or accccctually gamble on a dlineman, LB, WR, etc. Better use of resources than a punter. 

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

A punter isn’t a gamble. One of those later picks can be used to move up in another scenario, or accccctually gamble on a dlineman, LB, WR, etc. Better use of resources than a punter. 

I disagree.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:29 AM, Outlaw said:

R1P12- Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina: Horn to me is an athletic freak with just enough swag at outside corner.  Will start in 2021 opposite Slay and become the CB1 after Slay moves on.

R2P37- Terrace Marshall, WR LSU: the "other guy" who became "the guy" for a shortened 2020 season, he has the prototypical build to be a featured X WR. Also very young at only 20yo.

R3P70- Joe Tryon, EDGE Washington: explosive athlete with great size. Can rush the passer and can also set the edge against the run. Can play hand in dirt or standing, great versatility.

R3P84- Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB Syracuse: amazing athleticism for his size at 6'3", 212 and great physicality. Can play zone or man-press and very disruptive at the catch point.

R4P123- Trey Sermon, RB OSU: a solid supplement to Miles Sanders. He is used to RBBC, and has a lot of tread on the tires due to it. Sanders/Sermon/Scott is a nice trio with varying skillsets.

R5P150- Tariq Thompson, S San Diego State: versatility to line up in the slot or at S. Nice box player or has deep skills to play center field. One of my favorite small school prospects.

R6P189- Tommy Kraemer, OG Notre Dame: depth Oline piece, will work well with an athletic C and solid RT. Good power at point of attack. 

R6P224- Michael Menet, C PSU: our eventual Kelce replacement, Menet will thrive in a zone-blocking scheme. Great pad level, hand punch and gets to the second level quickly.

R6P225- Tony Fields II, OLB WVU: great athlete and great instincts, projects well at the WILL. Little on the smaller side but makes up for it with athleticism, a very willing tackler and solid coverage.

R7P234- Quintin Morris, TE Bowling Green: Move TE prospect with athleticism. He will need to improve his blocking technique, and I think we have the coaches to do that.

R7P240- "Whop" Philyor, WR Indiana: Whop will be a slot guy at the pro level, but I think his true value comes as a returner prospect which the Birds desperately need.

Notable UDFA's: Feleipe Franks, QB Arkansas; Oscar Bradburn, P VA Tech; William Bradley-King, EDGE Baylor

Here is your 2021 projected roster:

QB- Hurts, Flacco (Franks PS)

RB- Sanders, Sermon, Scott, Huntley (Killins PS)

WR- Marshall, Reagor, Ward, Fulgham, Watkins, Philyor (Hightower PS)

TE- Ertz, Goedert, Morris (Butler PS) [this obviously changes if they do move on from Zach]

OL- Mailata, Dillard, Seumalo, Kelce, Brooks, Lane, Driscoll, Kraemer, Menet, Herbig (Juriga, Opeta PS)

DL- Graham, Cox, Barnett, Sweat, Hargrave, Tryon, Ridgeway, McGill, Ostman (Williams PS)

LB- Singleton, Avery, Edwards, Taylor, Fields (Bradley PS)

CB- Slay, Horn, Melifonwu, Maddox, Jacquet, Taylor (Hill PS)

S- Harris, Wallace, Thompson, Adams, Arnold (Arnold to PS when McLeod comes off PUP)

K- Elliott

P- Bradburn

LS- Lovato

This is a YOUNG team.  Vet leadership comes from Ertz, Kelce, Lane, Cox, Graham and McLeod.  We have a nice variety of skillsets allowing for some creative packages on offense and we have completely revamped our secondary (my main goal) via the draft.

Hey Outlaw. Pretty happy with this one. 1 and 2 same as mine. Good with Melifonwu. I has Abedo, but battles between those 2. Sermon is intriguing. I thought about him when I was planning to take Pitts. Pitts and Sermon help tp transition more to a run first, play-action offense. Wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not, but thought had crossed my mind. I'm with the gang who sees Tryon more as a 3-4 guy. I like LB here. all in on the Cox pick, but don't think he is there. Also think Jamin Davis(my guy) is gone by now(big pro day numbers) Maybe Browning from OSU, who can play mlb. Then see how Singleton and Taylor handle SAM and WILL. Not a fan of Menet at all. But, overall, not bad at all

On 3/31/2021 at 3:44 PM, Eaglerick55 said:

Hey Outlaw. Pretty happy with this one. 1 and 2 same as mine. Good with Melifonwu. I has Abedo, but battles between those 2. Sermon is intriguing. I thought about him when I was planning to take Pitts. Pitts and Sermon help tp transition more to a run first, play-action offense. Wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not, but thought had crossed my mind. I'm with the gang who sees Tryon more as a 3-4 guy. I like LB here. all in on the Cox pick, but don't think he is there. Also think Jamin Davis(my guy) is gone by now(big pro day numbers) Maybe Browning from OSU, who can play mlb. Then see how Singleton and Taylor handle SAM and WILL. Not a fan of Menet at all. But, overall, not bad at all

I see Tryon as a guy who yes while would be best suited to a 3-4 OLB definitely has a ton of experience with his hand in the dirt and is a really high end athlete.  I value versatility in my picks as much as possible.  Thanks for the review!

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I see Tryon as a guy who yes while would be best suited to a 3-4 OLB definitely has a ton of experience with his hand in the dirt and is a really high end athlete.  I value versatility in my picks as much as possible.  Thanks for the review!

I see Tryon as a Huskie, and as we say here in Cougar country

image.jpeg.09a93f491696ce9987d53b422e984515.jpeg

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

I see Tryon as a Huskie, and as we say here in Cougar country

image.jpeg.09a93f491696ce9987d53b422e984515.jpeg

Does WSU even have any draft prospects this year? Not being sarcastic. Just actually can’t think of any.