Vegas: Eagles 2021 win total over/under 6.5

Hawkeye

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Last year it was 9.5 and we all know how that went.

Divisional Opponents O/U Totals

Cowboys: 9.5
Washington: 8
Giants: 7

https://www.thelines.com/odds/nfl-win-totals/

Under on us and Dallas. Over on Washington. NYG looks about right. Just a guess:

Washington: 10-7

Dallas: 8-9

NYG: 7-10

Eagles: 6-11

6.5 is tough but I’m not an Armageddon fan like most so I’ll say over.

• Like 1

Over for the Eagles. Over for Washington. Under for Dallas.

• Like 1

It's tough to say with the extra game. I'd have to see how the draft goes but they might be right around that mark.  Injuries likely to continue to be an issue for this team in 2021.

17-0 (I reserve the right to revise that on a weekly basis)

• Haha 5

Oh Def under....  with a possible 17 game season, we may set new record for most losses in a year. 3 -14 would be possible. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Watch us be the first team to go 0-17.

Fortunately I don't think we're that bad.

Wouldn't be surprised if one or 2 of the end games we win because the opponents will be resting starters

• Like 1

Can't make any judgment on this yet. If Howie drafts projects again this year, then I am sure we will be under that.  He has to hit on potential starters or guys that can at least contribute.  If our OL stays healthy, if some of our second year players get better and if we can pick up a couple of impact defensive players, then we could go over 6.5 because our division is pretty bad.  I think our ceiling is probably about 8 wins and our floor is about 3 wins.

Seems about right considering the current state of the roster and uncertainty of the new coaching staff.  If by some miracle Howie nails this draft (by "nail” I mean he adds 2-3 players that are good enough to start day 1) then I’d likely go over.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if one or 2 of the end games we win because the opponents will be resting starters

That will only happen if it would end up costing the Eagles the #1 pick.

20 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Seems about right considering the current state of the roster and uncertainty of the new coaching staff.  If by some miracle Howie nails this draft (by "nail” I mean he adds 2-3 players that are good enough to start day 1) then I’d likely go over.  

He might achieve that by default due to the massive roster deterioration on his watch. 

• Like 1

If we stay healthy we have a great o-line, adequate d-line, good RB, solid WR corps if we draft right, okay secondary if we grab a starting CB, and a QB that could be solid. A lot of ifs.

This could be a 3 win team or a 10 win team.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

17-0 (I reserve the right to revise that on a weekly basis)

Alright, Spads...

Pre draft wins...under for Eagles & WFT. Over for NYG & Dallas.

49 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Pre draft wins...under for Eagles & WFT. Over for NYG & Dallas.

It pains me to say it, but I do think Dallas is heads and shoulders above any other team in the division.  They already had a pretty solid roster.  They were rolling on offense when Dak was healthy - it was their defense that was holding them back.  They should fare much better under Quinn with Nolan getting the boot.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

It pains me to say it, but I do think Dallas is heads and shoulders above any other team in the division.  They already had a pretty solid roster.  They were rolling on offense when Dak was healthy - it was their defense that was holding them back.  They should fare much better under Quinn with Nolan getting the boot.  

It is hard to be an Eagles fan and think highly of Dallas. Either their coach sucks, or their QB gets injured...but somehow they will find a way to loose.

11 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Under on us and Dallas. Over on Washington. NYG looks about right. Just a guess:

Washington: 10-7

Dallas: 8-9

NYG: 7-10

Eagles: 6-11

The last back to back division winner in the NFC East was the Eagles in 03-04. I’d argue the WTF team is better at quarterback, but Fitzpatrick is not along term answer and he wears down as a season goes on. I don’t see them as the team to break the trend. 

The Wentz whiners claiming the Eagles go winless. 😂🤣😂 Yeah things were so much better with their god and his multi-turnovers and three win contributions. 🙄 The Eagles are going to be better than some of you think. 

I think the over / under at 6.5 is spot on. 

I think this team is going to struggle this year. I think the roster lacks talent but I don't think it is going to be a bottom 5 team in the NFL this year. 

I'd say 6 to 7 wins is where they will end up but if I were to bet on this line? I'd probably take the under as I think there's more chance they struggle than they outperform expectations.