Eagles draft evaluation strategy: Rock Paper Scissors!

time2rock

I understand the sentiment, but you can file that comment in the waste bin labeled "things you just don't say to the media." 

• Sad 1

I dont really understand the negativity around this... seems like classic coach competitive stuff

I quite like that Siriani is unapologetically himself. We'll see if he can coach but he's authentic at least. Not trying to be someone he's not

3 hours ago, Aussie_Nick said:

I dont really understand the negativity around this... seems like classic coach competitive stuff

I quite like that Siriani is unapologetically himself. We'll see if he can coach but he's authentic at least. Not trying to be someone he's not

I just think it's how it all comes across. 

Look you absolutely want a competitive HC who clearly is excited for the opportunity. It has no real bearing on whether or not he'll be a good HC or not. But the Eagles have been pushing this competitive side since he was hired and it just feels a little exhausting. We don't need to hear it every time he speaks. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

Why can't you be normal?

Eagles coaches:

Fast Food Friday

Custom Smoothies

Let's get some ice cream

Rock paper scissors

Normal is boring.

14 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

The kids should know that if you use the Infinity Scissors made of Vibranium, you always win. They cut rocks like butter.

They're a Marvel

infinity scissors | Dank Memes Amino

Dang, I was going to say the kids better always pick rock so they cant ever be cut but you ruined it!!!

• Haha 1

He's young, in his first HC job....and comes off like a geek.  A football geek.  If he can coach them up and run an entire club in all phases it doesn't matter-but I agree with the prevailing sentiment:

It comes down to the vets in the room.  If he wins, he's a fun novelty that beats talking to the media about the usual.

If he's losing.......the odds they tune him out are very high.

Makes one wonder if they shouldn't have hired Gannon, and let him hire Siri as OC.

55 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

He's young, in his first HC job....and comes off like a geek.  A football geek.  If he can coach them up and run an entire club in all phases it doesn't matter-but I agree with the prevailing sentiment:

It comes down to the vets in the room.  If he wins, he's a fun novelty that beats talking to the media about the usual.

If he's losing.......the odds they tune him out are very high.

Makes one wonder if they shouldn't have hired Gannon, and let him hire Siri as OC.

Why would Gannon be possibly be the better head coach

On 4/22/2021 at 5:47 PM, PoconoDon said:

The kids should know that if you use the Infinity Scissors made of Vibranium, you always win. They cut rocks like butter.

They're a Marvel

infinity scissors | Dank Memes Amino

Yeah but what if someone throws infinity stone instead of rock? 

3 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Yeah but what if someone throws infinity stone instead of rock? 

Well, there's no denying the difference is stark.

45 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Well, there's no denying the difference is stark.

:smoke:

Smooth.  Well done, sir.

• Thanks 1

Well here's a psychological trick for rock paper scissors some may not know.

"Become a champion at rock paper scissors by asking someone a question right before starting the game. If you ask, then immediately start into the 'rock, paper, scissors' chant, they'll almost always defensively throw scissors. This theory is based on a technique used by magicians."

I hope the rock, paper, scissors strategy works better than Howie's 2019 and 2020 draft strategy of eenie meenie miney moe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I hope the rock, paper, scissors strategy works better than Howie's 2019 and 2020 draft strategy of eenie meenie miney moe

If this had been Howie's strategy over the past few years, we'd be in a much better position than we're currently in.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, hputenis said:

If this had been Howie's strategy over the past few years, we'd be in a much better position than we're currently in.  

I would've been fine with asking the Magic 8 Ball instead.

• Like 2

For the record I've always thought it was dumb that they obsessively looked for guys who were competitive at say tiddly winks which is supposed to be fun.  Those are generally people to avoid. I think you can be competitive in your chosen field and keep some perspective in other parts of life. And by their draft track record I see no reason to believe it matters. I don't hold that against Sirriani just always thought it was dumb

• Like 2