Get ready for the NFL draft!

Moderator6

NFL Draft details

NFL draft basic info

The 2021 NFL Draft will be hosted in various locations across Cleveland, OH including FirstEnergy Stadium and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Last year, the 2020 NFL Draft was held remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic with NFL teams making their selections from home. According to NFL.com, this year "a select number of prospects will take the stage in Cleveland while fans, media, NFL Network, ESPN and ABC crews will also be on-site as the league welcomes the new rookie class.”

• Thurs 4/29 @8pm Eastern: round 1
  • Fri 4/30 @7pm Eastern: rounds 2-3
  • Sat 5/1 @12pm Eastern: rounds 4-7

How to watch: 

ESPN: Mike Greenberg, Mel Kiper JR, Louis Riddick, Booger McFarland
NFL Network: Rich Eisen, Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Davis and David Shaw
ABC: Rece Davis, Maria Taylor, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, Todd McShay, Jesse Palmer and David Pollack 
Streaming: ESPN app or the NFL Mobile app. You can also watch the draft using streaming services such as Sling TV, fuboTV or YouTube TV.

EMB forums and topics of interest:

Master of the draft competition click here.

NFL Draft and College Football forum including mock draft sub-forum

I Want The Eagles to Get forum - discuss specific draft prospects you'd like the Eagles to get!

Draft weekend discussion:

We'll have a topic for each selection the Eagles make as usual.  Last year we had a topic in Around the NFL to talk all things NFL draft.  It didn't get a lot of attention (the new EMB was only a week old).  This year we can have an ongoing NFL draft discussion in TATE to make it easier than going to another forum. Hangout, share what you're eating/drinking, laugh at the other teams, post that Dallas sucks, etc. just keep it about football and the draft.  

The Eagles picks (as of 4/21)

Round Overall  How acquired 
 1 12  From Dolphins, via 49ers 
 2 37  Eagles own pick 
 3 70  Eagles' own pick 
 3 84  From Colts in Carson Wentz trade 
 4 123  From Dolphins 
 5 150  Eagles' own pick 
 6 189  Eagles' own pick 
 6 224  Compensatory pick 
 6 225  Compensatory pick 
 7 234  Eagles' own pick 
 7 240  From 49ers 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Get ready for:

Bust, Superbowlz!, they should've drafted..., I saw a mock draft that had him later, "I studied the film" (watched YouTube highlights).

And of course:

Who?

• Like 2

I don’t follow college, but I’m still preparing for the draft just the same. Let me share the notes I have so far...

Who??

Never heard of him!

I’ll bet they could have gotten him later. <_< 

Why Howie, WHY?!?!

And of course there is also the classic go to...

FIRE HOWIE!!! :angry: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t follow college, but I’m still preparing for the draft just the same. Let me share the notes I have so far...

Who??

Never heard of him!

I’ll bet they could have gotten him later. <_< 

Why Howie, WHY?!?!

And of course there is also the classic go to...

FIRE HOWIE!!! :angry: 

Get your own material! 

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Get ready for:

Bust, Superbowlz!, they should've drafted..., I saw a mock draft that had him later, "I studied the film" (watched YouTube highlights).

And of course:

Who?

• Haha 2

This is the year pure, good ole luck defeats Howie Roseman and the Eagles have a great draft, and we don't have to say "Who??":ph34r:

• Thanks 1

What makes drafting more difficult is the fact they don't even know if their 1st pick from 3 years ago is any good yet

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What makes drafting more difficult is the fact they don't even know if their 1st pick from 3 years ago is any good yet

He might lose his job to a 7th round rugby project.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Eagles' Howie Roseman is an easy target, but Jeffrey Lurie is a problem  without a solution | Opinion - nj.com

BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

From the fans, I'm ready for " WHAT IN THE HELL IS HOWIE DOING?" 

There will be lots of          "I dont understand why we have to try and outsmart everyone all the time, and end up outsmarting ourselves"

From the Eagles I am ready to hear this after every pick:  "this is a guy who represents a tremendous value at that pick, he has a high motor, high character guy, we had him highly rated, we feel very good about being in a position to be able to go get him, he will come in and compete" 

I will watch but only because there really ain't anything else on TV anymore that is worth watching, but I am ready to be completely underwhelmed by our drafting as I have been for the better part of the past 2 -  3  decades, the only 2 drafts I had any confidence in immediately after were when we drafted McNabb and Wentz. Other than that, not really. Draft after draft we avoid the obvious no brainer picks and take projects, reaches or injured players. The past 8-10 years have been a waste land, guys like the 29 year old fireman, Sidney Jones, Agholor, Jmatt, Reagor, Hurts,   etc......

17 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

From the fans, I'm ready for " WHAT IN THE HELL IS HOWIE DOING?" 

There will be lots of          "I dont understand why we have to try and outsmart everyone all the time, and end up outsmarting ourselves"

From the Eagles I am ready to hear this after every pick:  "this is a guy who represents a tremendous value at that pick, he has a high motor, high character guy, we had him highly rated, we feel very good about being in a position to be able to go get him, he will come in and compete" 

I will watch but only because there really ain't anything else on TV anymore that is worth watching, but I am ready to be completely underwhelmed by our drafting as I have been for the better part of the past 2 -  3  decades, the only 2 drafts I had any confidence in immediately after were when we drafted McNabb and Wentz. Other than that, not really. Draft after draft we avoid the obvious no brainer picks and take projects, reaches or injured players. The past 8-10 years have been a waste land, guys like the 29 year old fireman, Sidney Jones, Agholor, Jmatt, Reagor, Hurts,   etc......

The only drafts I felt excited about afterward in the past 20 years were '02, '12, and '13.  

Sick of watching women's volleyball on sports networks so I guess I'll tune in.

What about parking?

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

My ears are still ringing from the Reid era: "Undersized with a high motor"...

Fastballlzzzzz

On 4/21/2021 at 6:48 PM, Moderator6 said:

ESPN: Mike Greenberg, Mel Kiper JR, Louis Riddick, Booger McFarland

Can't wait to hear his insightful analysis.  Will he be using the booger mobile?

ESPN sucks, NFLN is ok. 

I don't have cable so I watch the ABC feed. It was much better last year. Their analysts are the guys that cover college all year so I feel you get better input and they're not trying to be a big "personality" just discuss the players. The others try too hard to scream and put on a show for attention and it's annoying. 

• Like 1