Get ready for the NFL draft!

Moderator6

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

ESPN sucks, NFLN is ok. 

I don't have cable so I watch the ABC feed. It was much better last year. Their analysts are the guys that cover college all year so I feel you get better input and they're not trying to be a big "personality" just discuss the players. The others try too hard to scream and put on a show for attention and it's annoying. 

Agreed. Herbstreit is better than anyone nfln or espn has. 

On 4/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, What The F said:

BOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Too soon?

It's never too early to do the right thing...

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 8:52 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

What makes drafting more difficult is the fact they don't even know if their 1st pick from 3 years ago is any good yet

Noh..pretty much all the previous picks are mediocre at best. That's what makes this draft special!!! Howie tried to be a Long Distance Sniper..but he sucked at picking winners...So now, with the high number of picks that we have, he has a 12 gauge Shotgun. No matter how he tries to screw it up...he will get lucky and find a Diamond in the rough. It is pure statistics. It may be in the 7th round..But despite himself we will get a few awesome contributors. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, NOTW said:

ESPN sucks, NFLN is ok. 

I don't have cable so I watch the ABC feed. It was much better last year. Their analysts are the guys that cover college all year so I feel you get better input and they're not trying to be a big "personality" just discuss the players. The others try too hard to scream and put on a show for attention and it's annoying. 

OMG you NAILED it!! I stopped watching EPSN NFL coverage years ago because of this very thing...yelling over each other , forced loud laughter, stupid heckling of each other that was so deliberate...and not to mention they definitely had favorites on who they covered, team-wise...

I don't know if you remember but there was a channel called CNN/SI...and their pre-game show was very enjoyable...no "larger than life" personalities...objective and critical analysis of the upcoming games with intelligent discussion

• Like 1

This is like 6th year in a row that fans have said:

THIS time, Howie needs to nail this draft...We need young talent to build... Missing on this draft will set the team back for years...

We keep waiting for him to nail a draft...

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, NOTW said:

THIS time, Howie needs to nail this draft...We need young talent to build... Missing on this draft will set the team back for years...

image.gif.4815baea466acc1406fbe03a35ba405a.gif

• Like 2

On 4/23/2021 at 11:41 AM, Hawkeye said:

My ears are still ringing from the Reid era: "Undersized with a high motor"...

"fastballs"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Doesn't stop people from continuing to beetch about it like it's going to change though. 

No sheet he needs to nail the draft

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Doesn't stop people from continuing to beetch about it like it's going to change though. 

No sheet he needs to nail the draft

He Better! I keep my fingers crossed.

22 hours ago, NOTW said:

Well, with the exception of a handful of players, he has missed on the past several drafts and guess what ... it did set this team back significantly.  Had solid drafts in '12 and '13 - blindly holding out hope he can manage to find that level of success again in '21 and '22 but honestly I have little faith he actually will.  I am fully prepared to be disappointed after watching the first 3 rounds.  

23 hours ago, time2rock said:

Well, with the exception of a handful of players, he has missed on the past several drafts and guess what ... it did set this team back significantly.  Had solid drafts in '12 and '13 - blindly holding out hope he can manage to find that level of success again in '21 and '22 but honestly I have little faith he actually will.  I am fully prepared to be disappointed after watching the first 3 rounds.  

After the first 3 rounds where reportedly he pays attention to the scouts' ranking rather than his own, Howie does better. Wonder if Howie is aware of this trend? Maybe. Will he act on it? Naahhh.

Last years draft was so ridiculous (to me, my personal view of Howie's choices) that I am not even watching it this year. I'll know later, when I see the very 1st pick, whether or not this will be another disaster or we get lucky and get some SANE choices. I'll let the draft go by and look at the results later. Not wasting time or energy watching Howie ruin this draft. Sorry, I have no faith in the guy at all concerning the draft. Maybe he slips, hits his head, has a concussion, and someone else has to make the choices. THEN I'll watch.