ROUND 6 (#189): Eagles select Marlon Tuipulotu (USC DT)

Moderator6

32 minutes ago, kentwo said:

So I guess Lamb and Gallup just run free this year?

And all the Gints squad

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

So he is over 30. Doesn't mean he will no longer be good for a star like him.

He has been in a decline over the past few seasons. Not to mention he is more of a cover/press guy and they struggle as they get older. 

Also, unless his contract is redone he will be gone after next season. 

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

He won't be 5/6 DT for long, this draft is all about long term talent accumulation.

I said that in the blog, maybe Gannon is planning a 7 DL front this season.

Good DT talent can be found in later rounds.  Good CB and LB talent....not so much.

So he was asked if teams made inquiries about a medical issue. He said he would rather keep that to himself. 

Hmmm.

Just now, Philthy Jawn said:

Good DT talent can be found in later rounds.  Good CB and LB talent....not so much.

Sounds good. Except LBs are cheap, so there is not much positional value for them.

Just now, Infam said:

Sounds good. Except LBs are cheap, so there is not much positional value for them.

Oh, I'm just responding to the folks exclaiming, "Why didn't we draft a corner or linebacker?!"

4 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

So he was asked if teams made inquiries about a medical issue. He said he would rather keep that to himself. 

Hmmm.

Ron Mexico Jr maybe?  

Tuipulotu has all the tools to be a plus run defender at the next level. He has some serious power and is fantastic at shedding blocks, but don’t expect much from him as a pass rusher. He is a limited athlete who relies on winning with his hands.

-pff.com

3 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

He won't be 5/6 DT for long, this draft is all about long term talent accumulation.

Which is what the draft is always supposed to be about. Free agency is for patching short term holes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Eagles base package to be goal line. 10 Defensive lineman and Darius Slay

Thanks to Howie, Slay is the only palyer beyond the DL that can do anything. Please fire Howie as this draft proves he is a clown. 

7 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

this

Yes - worst DBs in the nfl, thanks to Howie being a little dork. Poor slay left to cover an entire field. 

29 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

DT depth is good to have.

So is world peace. We will have world peace but the worst DBs in the nfl. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, eggs said:

Yes the cbs are one of the worst groups in the league.  This team has drafted poorly for years.  The depth chart is thin.  You can't fix that in one draft.  We added needed pieces on the d line.  Safety group should be better, LB maybe less bad.  The 4th round corner looks like he might be a slot corner.  They'll try him outside.  We need to sign a street free agent cb or two.  It will be another season where we can't cover anyone.  Maybe next year with the 3 1s, we can address the cb position with 2 additions.  

8 hours ago, eggs said:

Are your whining about a SIXTH ROUND PICK WHO MIGHT MAKE THE TEAM?!?!?

I grade this pick an B

I not very big on this pick. I see the value on this kid and I know due to injury he has slipped. Not sure I saw the need but the value was there which bumped it up to a B for me. I had others that had good value here as well i though that also fit a need we could have landed. 

Came for world peace, stayed for DT depth

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/1/2021 at 3:58 PM, kentwo said:

So I guess Lamb and Gallup just run free this year?

not true...Slay will cover Lamb...and Amari Cooper will run free with the bargain bin CB that Howie signs...but then he'll tell us that he was "high on their board"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FlyerDog@Work said:

not true...Slay will cover Lamb...and Amari Cooper will run free with the bargain bin CB that Howie signs...but then he'll tell us that he was "high on their board"

Slay will cover Lamb... You sure about that? L😉

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Slay will cover Lamb... You sure about that? L😉

😅.... in theory!!

This draft pick is the one I'm least excited about 

I mean the dude isn't very big but not small either,not very  fast or strong, he's just run of the mill dime a dozen DT,  he's ok as a run stopper In college against scrub OL.

I guess the one thing he has going for him is his hands are bigger than average🤷‍♂️

Not sure why Howie doesn't take a shot at a LB or DB Instead he keeps drafting college DEs and safeties to play LB🤔 and a million DL

I was watching an Interview from a personell guy can't remember who and he was saying that they try to get players from college that on tape could do this gs that they are asking them to do in the pros and that when asking guys to do things they showed they didn't or couldn't do I college that's when they run into problems.

Seems Howie is creating unnecessary obstacles by drafting guys all the time and switching their positions 

Sure it can work sometime and how hard is it to just draft a LB that played LB in college and ask him to play LB or draft a college safety that can play safety in the pros 

This square peg in round hole smartest guy in the room schtick is tiresome.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I mean the dude isn't very big but not small either,not very  fast or strong, he's just run of the mill dime a dozen DT,  he's ok as a run stopper In college against scrub OL.

He's a solid enough prospect. Meant to be good against the run, has a little bit in terms of pass rush. He's a sixth round pick so if he becomes a decent depth guy then that's fine.