Derek Stingley Jr. (LSU CB) -- DRAFTED BY HOUSTON #3

philafan4o8

1 hour ago, nipples said:

It’s hilarious and happens every year. There are always 15-20 players that people swear will be off the board in the top 10… 

Math is different around draft time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He could fall because of his injury. I would definitely take him with one of our picks if he is there.

I don’t think Stingley is a player the eagles should wait to fall into their laps. If he hits 10 you have to trade up for him. Eagles have shown the willingness to draft players coming off injury. Sometimes it looks bad (Sidney Jones) and sometimes it looks good (Landon Dickerson). Stingley will make every team that passes on him regret the decision. With 3 first rounders, eagles should take the risk

eagles would likely have to part ways with #15 and #51 to get to 8-10 but it would be a risk well worth it. They can then trade out of 16 or 19 to recover the 2nd rounder and first rounder next year. There are a ton of options

• Like 1

10 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

I don’t think Stingley is a player the eagles should wait to fall into their laps. If he hits 10 you have to trade up for him. Eagles have shown the willingness to draft players coming off injury. Sometimes it looks bad (Sidney Jones) and sometimes it looks good (Landon Dickerson). Stingley will make every team that passes on him regret the decision. With 3 first rounders, eagles should take the risk

eagles would likely have to part ways with #15 and #51 to get to 8-10 but it would be a risk well worth it. They can then trade out of 16 or 19 to recover the 2nd rounder and first rounder next year. There are a ton of options

Completely agree

On 3/9/2022 at 10:18 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Stingley would be great, but if we’re trading 15 & 51 to get into the top 10… I hope it’s for Travon Walker.

• Like 1

Stingley would be great, but he's not the only good CB in this class.  I'd prefer no trades.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

Stingley would be great, but he's not the only good CB in this class.  I'd prefer no trades.

Jury is still out on Garnder IMO. Then you have McDuffie, Elam and Booth. Stingley has the highest upside and is a generational talent

Stingley is who i’ve coveted since last draft. Agreed with above. If he falls near ten trade up. Will be an all pro eventually 

If he falls I would take him.  Really don't want trade-ups in the 1st I would much rather see some trade downs unless great players drop.  The draft is so so deep in the 2nd round if they can accumulate picks there.  JMO.

• Like 1

There are supposed "generational talents" in the draft every year.  It's an over-used term.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 2:22 PM, ilikepargo said:

There are supposed "generational talents" in the draft every year.  It's an over-used term.

Last year it was Micah Parsons. He appears worthy of the label.

19 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Last year it was Micah Parsons. He appears worthy of the label.

Indeed

Chase also labeled such.  

I'm seeing a lot of mocks where either we pick him or he is selected after our 3 picks. There's no way I'd leave him on the board at 19. 

If he's there, we need to take him.  I just don't want to trade up.

19 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

If he's there, we need to take him.  I just don't want to trade up.

say he’s there at 11 or 12 and you could trade a 3rd you wouldn’t jump up from 15 for him?  I think he could be a defense changer for us

• Like 1

I would be willing to trade #15 and #51 to go get him in the top 10 to draft him. Then you trade 16/19 to a team looking to draft up into the first with their late 1st/2nd this year and a 1st next year. We can find a taker for sure

On 3/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, homerpat said:

say he’s there at 11 or 12 and you could trade a 3rd you wouldn’t jump up from 15 for him?  I think he could be a defense changer for us

I want to be aggressive but sensible in this draft. I would definitely use our 3rd to move up anywhere from 10-12 if Gardner, Stingley, Walker or Hamilton drop.

7 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I want to be aggressive but sensible in this draft. I would definitely use our 3rd to move up anywhere from 10-12 if Gardner, Stingley, Walker or Hamilton drop.

With three 1st the Eagles should be willing to package one of the first and #51 to move into the top 10. A 1st and a third will not cut it imo. Took the Eagles #12 and 3rd rounder to move up 2 spots last draft. Trade a 1st and a 2nd to move into top 10 and trade down one of the other 1st to recoop the 2nd and maybe get a 1st next year

16 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

With three 1st the Eagles should be willing to package one of the first and #51 to move into the top 10. A 1st and a third will not cut it imo. Took the Eagles #12 and 3rd rounder to move up 2 spots last draft. Trade a 1st and a 2nd to move into top 10 and trade down one of the other 1st to recoop the 2nd and maybe get a 1st next year

Howie overpaid to jump 2 spots.  Following the draft chart, we have up 170 to move up 100.  We should have gotten a 4th in return IF values were to equal out.  This just shows values don’t always equal out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Howie overpaid to jump 2 spots.  Following the draft chart, we have up 170 to move up 100.  We should have gotten a 4th in return IF values were to equal out.  This just shows values don’t always equal out.  

Dallas wanted an overpay from us.  I suspect this year prices should be reasonable with no QB people covet.  Of course that's the same reason I believe moving up next year will a lot harder than people think. Prices go up if there is bidding war over a QB pick

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Dallas wanted an overpay from us.  I suspect this year prices should be reasonable with no QB people covet.  Of course that's the same reason I believe moving up next year will a lot harder than people think. Prices go up if there is bidding war over a QB pick

I would assume any team entertaining a request from another team for a trade up would want an overpay regardless of position … especially if it is in an early round and from a division rival.  It comes down to agreeing to overpay.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

I would assume any team entertaining a request from another team for a trade up would want an overpay regardless of position … especially if it is in an early round and from a division rival.  It comes down to agreeing to overpay.  

Good point. Poor phrasing on my part. Dallas probably required an overpay in that case. Teams want as much as they can get

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Good point. Poor phrasing on my part. Dallas probably required an overpay in that case. Teams want as much as they can get

I know I was a bit frustrated with losing the 3rd last year (and to Dallas no less) to move just 2 spots but figured if Smith turns into a stud then it will be well worth the investment (considering all of the premium picks wasted on the position in recent years).  

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I know I was a bit frustrated with losing the 3rd last year (and to Dallas no less) to move just 2 spots but figured if Smith turns into a stud then it will be well worth the investment (considering all of the premium picks wasted on the position in recent years).  

Yeah when they go get a guy it makes me feel better that they weren't passive and just took who fell. a la Reagor vs Lamb

• Like 1