Derek Stingley Jr. (LSU CB) -- DRAFTED BY HOUSTON #3

philafan4o8

Anyone else not sold on Stingley as a prospect?

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 12:40 PM, leftcoastnest said:

Anyone else not sold on Stingley as a prospect?

No.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Two days away from Stingley being an Eagle!

I'm kinda thinking the same, that he falls to to somewhere around 10-12 and Howie uses pick 83 to move up for him.  Hope so!  

37 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'm kinda thinking the same, that he falls to to somewhere around 10-12 and Howie uses pick 83 to move up for him.  Hope so!  

I personally think he is in play if still on the board after the Giants second pick at #7. To move to 8-10 it would likely just be #15 and #51 and personally I am ok with that risk given Stingley is an elite talent. Trade back from #18 and get that 2nd rounder back, if needed

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Tomorrow Stingley becomes an Eagle

🙏

Betting odds have Derek Stingley moving up, possibly to Texans at No. 3

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 27, 2022, 9:57 AM EDT

LSU cornerback Derek Stingley is moving up draft boards.

Actually, no one really knows for sure whether any player is moving up or down on the 32 teams’ draft boards, and many teams say their draft boards are already locked in well before today, one day before the first round of the 2022 NFL draft. But the betting odds on Stingley have shifted recently, suggesting that there’s increasing confidence that Stingley will be a high pick from the people willing to put money behind their draft predictions.

Stingley is now the betting favorite to go with the third overall pick in the draft. That’s where the Texans are picking, and cornerback is a position where the Texans would like to improve.

The betting odds also suggest that Stingley is more likely than not to go off the board within the first seven picks, whereas previously he was viewed as likely to go outside the Top 10.

So whether Stingley is actually moving up draft boards or not, there’s certainly a strong public perception that NFL teams are high on him, perhaps high enough to take him third overall.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/27/betting-odds-have-derek-stingley-moving-up-possibly-to-texans-at-no-3/

12 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I'd like it but I haven't seen much connecting the Eagles to him tbh

I don't think that means much. Devonta and Andre Dillard are two recent 1st rounds that had little to no connection with the Eagles. Neither visited the Eagles for top 30 visit to my knowledge

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I don't think that means much. Devonta and Andre Dillard are two recent 1st rounds that had little to no connection with the Eagles. Neither visited the Eagles for top 30 visit to my knowledge

Smith was covid year but I'd think for a hefty trade up candidate they'd probably show a lot of interest

6 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Smith was covid year but I'd think for a hefty trade up candidate they'd probably show a lot of interest

It's likely that Stingley met with the Eagles at the combine and it was not reported. They did send their DB coach to his proday to put him through a workout. Top 30 visit doesn't necessarily mean they are super interested. To my understanding, it could be to answer specific questions or gain a better understanding from player on concern or red flags. Medical questions could have been answered at combine and pro day for Stingley imo.

Wishful thinking on my end but still hoping to see him in the building

40 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Today Stingley becomes an Eagle!

Would love that - but sadly I think he goes 3 to the Texans

3 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Would love that - but sadly I think he goes 3 to the Texans

I need positivity today lol even if it is unrealistic. Positive Energy!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I need positivity today lol even if it is unrealistic. Positive Energy!

Okay - we are getting Hutchinson at 15 and Stingley JR at 18! 

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Okay - we are getting Hutchinson at 15 and Stingley JR at 18! 

There we go! Now we are talking haha

23 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Okay - we are getting Sauce at 15 and Hamilton at 18! 

Fixed yer post.