Besides the Obvious 1st Rounders, Which Players on Your Wish List Drafted Elsewhere Will You Monitor?

time2rock

Every year we all have our "wish list" of players hoping to be selected by the Eagles.  Other than the most obvious early picks (Pitts, Chase, Horn, Surtain, etc.), which players were on your list that you will watch over the next few seasons to see how well they do, to see if your projection was accurate or a complete whiff?  Mine:

• Samuel Jr
  • Basham Jr
  • Bateman
  • Moehrig
  • Newsome
  • JOK
  • Kelvin Joseph
  • Turner
  • Campbell
  • Stokes
  • Yeboah
  • Javonte Williams

I realize players drafted elsewhere playing in a different scheme may not be an indication of how they may have done here, but it is still fun to monitor none-the-less.  

• Like 2

Great topic bud. 

For me I was a huge Fields fan so I'll definitely follow him. In fact my brother lives in Chicago so eventually I'll get across to see him again and I'll go to a home Bears game whilst I'm there.

Pitts should be a lot of fun to watch as he's a complete monster. 

I also liked Tyson Campbell.

I’m really interested to see how Trey Lance turns out. I genuinely have no idea what to expect. Complete and utter disaster? 55% completion running QB? The next Russel Wilson? Poor Man’s Pat Mahomes? 🤷‍♂️

55 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Every year we all have our "wish list" of players hoping to be selected by the Eagles.  Other than the most obvious early picks (Pitts, Chase, Horn, Surtain, etc.), which players were on your list that you will watch over the next few seasons to see how well they do, to see if your projection was accurate or a complete whiff?  Mine:

• Samuel Jr
  • Basham Jr
  • Bateman
  • Moehrig
  • Newsome
  • JOK
  • Kelvin Joseph
  • Turner
  • Campbell
  • Stokes
  • Yeboah
  • Javonte Williams

I realize players drafted elsewhere playing in a different scheme may not be an indication of how they may have done here, but it is still fun to monitor none-the-less.  

Samuel Jr, Kelvin Joseph and Moehrig will be the main ones as I strongly feel one of them should have been the pick over Dickerson.

I also liked Basham and while I wouldn’t have taken him at 37, I would have potentially traded down 10/15 spots to pick up an extra 3rd and drafted him at end of second.

• Like 2

JOK for me. Though with the reports of the Heart issue I get now why he fell and support the decision not to take him in the second.

Samuel Jr. I realllllly wanted him in round 2. Also badly wanted Andre Cisco... think he has pro bowl safety talent. 

Oh, and Fields... I won’t complain about Smith, but I really think Fields is going to be great. I was hoping he was the pick when they moved up. 

Christian Barmore - my projected 1st

Rhamondre Stevenson - my projected first 3rd

Kelvin Joseph -my projected 2nd*

Brandin Echols - my projected 2nd*

Anthony Schwartz - my projected second 3rd or 4th

Marquez Stevenson - my projected second 3rd or 4th

Tomorrian Terry - my projected second 3rd or 4th

• Like 1

Because I was expecting them to draft a startable CB or LB at some time:

K.Joseph

Samuel Jr

Melifonwu

JOK

N.Bolton

Robinson

St Juste

Adebo

Jabril Cox was someone I was really hoping we’d grab in the 3rd. He was excellent value there imo and it’s annoying they passed on him and the cowboys ended up taking him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Obviously the top 3 skill position guys.

Bateman and Oweh, both coincidentally drafted by the Ravens.

Asante Samuel, Jr., whom I still believe should've been the pick at 37.

On a bigger scale, I want to see how the Steelers do with Harris and Freiremuth.  Their first 4 rounds were really on point. I really wanted to see the Eagles move more towards a very straight forward offfense, like the Steelers seem to be building.  

With all of the Mac Jones and Trey Lance talk (and hate), I want to see how they turn out.   

14 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

On a bigger scale, I want to see how the Steelers do with Harris and Freiremuth.  Their first 4 rounds were really on point. I really wanted to see the Eagles move more towards a very straight forward offfense, like the Steelers seem to be building.  

With all of the Mac Jones and Trey Lance talk (and hate), I want to see how they turn out.   

Look out for Harris.  Great fit.  Fortunately, they are not in our division.  May have to pick Harris for my fantasy team.  He should be good from day one.

• Like 1

The Ss, in order:  Moehrig, Grant, and Cisco

DEs Patrick Jones and Cameron Sample

RB Elijah Mitchell, how he compares to Gainwell early in their careers

CB Tay Gowan, taken 1 pick ahead of us drafting Stevens

Definitely my round 2 candidates!!!

Christian Barmore, 

Moehrig

and Koramoah.

If Dickerson ends up on IR and one of these guys shines..I will know that I was right..again.

All the 9 CB taken between Eagles third and fourth round Picks. (Picks Eagles could have had in the third round.)

12 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Christian Barmore - my projected 1st

Rhamondre Stevenson - my projected first 3rd

Kelvin Joseph -my projected 2nd*

Brandin Echols - my projected 2nd*

Anthony Schwartz - my projected second 3rd or 4th

Marquez Stevenson - my projected second 3rd or 4th

Tomorrian Terry - my projected second 3rd or 4th

Exactly how many WRs did you expect them to draft?  Lol.

My top 5:

Tyson Campbell (who I believe may have been the pick in R2 had the Jags not snatched him up, quintessential body type and press skills for Gannon’s secondary)

Quinn Meinerz (looks like Kelce’s drunken cousin)

Kellen Mond (was hoping he’d be there in the 3rd or 4th)

Nico Collins (think he was one of the top 2-3 X receivers in the draft)

Kenny Yeboah (UDFA that I was hoping we’d sign up)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, time2rock said:

• Samuel Jr

Was on my shortlist for second round so interesting to see how he does - and Jabril Cox

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AberdeenEagle said:

Was on my shortlist for second round so interesting to see how he does - and Jabril Cox

Yes was also hoping we might address address LB and select Cox in the 3rd or 4th had he slipped that far.  Bummer Dallas got him (and Parsons too).  Between the players they've added and having hired Quinn they should be quite a bit better defensively this year.  

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Yes was also hoping we might address address LB and select Cox in the 3rd or 4th had he slipped that far.  Bummer Dallas got him (and Parsons too).  Between the players they've added and having hired Quinn they should be quite a bit better defensively this year.  

Sounds like Dall-arse have some concerns about Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch staying healthy! Heard a rumour that one or both might end up cut.

3 minutes ago, AberdeenEagle said:

Sounds like Dall-arse have some concerns about Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch staying healthy! Heard a rumour that one or both might end up cut.

They did not pick up LVE's 5th year option, so that likely signals he is out.  

Rondale Moore

Creed Humphrey

Nick Bolton

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Exactly how many WRs did you expect them to draft?  Lol.

Just 1, I listed 3 because I didn't know who would be available, ditto for those two corners, we only needed 1 this year, he just needed to be a bonafied starter.

Both of my corners would have been there, Jerry made a good pick.

Not necessarily for the Eagles, but I liked:

- Javonte Williams to be the best RB in the draft

- Zaven Collins to be the best cover linebacker.

- Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa

- Tony Fields II (late round) LB

- Will Little LT Stanford

- Pooka Williams (UDFA) RB Kansas

- Jonathan Adams, Jr WR Arkansas St.