Gareon Conley (Texans CB) -- 2021 Free Agent

Jenkins27

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Honestly - the majority of the EMB would be the current best option for CB2. (I'd expect McPhearson to beat out time2rock by mid-season, but not until then).

time2rock's change of direction isn't what it used to be

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

That’s what the wife said :sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Honestly - the majority of the EMB would be the current best option for CB2. (I'd expect McPhearson to beat out time2rock by mid-season, but not until then).

Yeah you're right! I mean I'm 6ft so I already have nearly a foot over Maddox! 😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah you're right! I mean I'm 6ft so I already have nearly a foot over Maddox! 😁

Sorry mate - I have you starting at linebacker. I hear you're better in coverage than Singleton and a better tackler than Eric Wilson. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Sorry mate - I have you starting at linebacker. I hear you're better in coverage than Singleton and a better tackler than Eric Wilson. 

You're absolutely right. I mean to be honest I'm more of a QB but hey I'll do what the team need. 

• Like 1

I was on board with adding Conley on a 1 year flier...but I guess the real reason he is still available is due to concerns over his last ankle injury.  Last update I could find on it from back in November was this from Aaron Wilson...

"Per Wilson, Conley's rehab didn't go well and issues affected his mobility and flexibility, causing pain. Conley is scheduled to hit free agency next offseason."

So, have to wonder where he's at with this and what his prognosis is.  If he's 100% cleared, worth a shot.  I also wonder if perhaps he and the Eagles have a handshake deal for after June 1st when they can, and probably will, do something with Ertz and clear cap space.

On 5/11/2021 at 1:32 AM, pgcd3 said:

On 5/11/2021 at 2:37 AM, time2rock said:

That’s what the wife said :sad:

7 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

I was on board with adding Conley on a 1 year flier...but I guess the real reason he is still available is due to concerns over his last ankle injury.  Last update I could find on it from back in November was this from Aaron Wilson...

So, have to wonder where he's at with this and what his prognosis is.  If he's 100% cleared, worth a shot.  I also wonder if perhaps he and the Eagles have a handshake deal for after June 1st when they can, and probably will, do something with Ertz and clear cap space.

Issues with mobility and flexibility causing pain? We may as well just keep rolling with time2rock out there.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Issues with mobility and flexibility causing pain? We may as well just keep rolling with time2rock out there.

Then we can change his screename ti time2tank

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Put me in coach!  :flex:

1 minute ago, pgcd3 said:

Then we can change his screename ti time2tank

I do have the prerequisite size ... 6’1” 205 lbs.  

Now talent ... that’s a completely different story.  🙂

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Put me in coach!  :flex:

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I do have the prerequisite size ... 6’1” 205 lbs.  

Now talent ... that’s a completely different story.  🙂

Alright - you're in - I want you to play press coverage on Julio Jones. If you get beat - don't worry - you'll have Marcus Epps in completely the wrong place after biting on a play fake to help you out.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Alright - you're in - I want you to play press coverage on Julio Jones. If you get beat - don't worry - you'll have Marcus Epps in completely the wrong place after biting on a play fake to help you out.

Odds are I won’t do worse than what we’ve seen the past few years!  :P

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Odds are I won’t do worse than what we’ve seen the past few years!  :P

Same goes for half the wildlife on the planet.. 🙈

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, ibleedgreen1990 said:

i like the idea of a younger CB with potential to develop like Conley

Conley has huge upside, but a team can only guess at his availability.  I think he is the CB worth taking a shot at though, due to his length and talent.  Maybe, he turns it around here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Conley has huge upside, but a team can only guess at his availability.  I think he is the CB worth taking a shot at though, due to his length and talent.  Maybe, he turns it around here.

I do kind of agree. I like the upside with Conley. My concern is that the time he misses due to injury. Coming to a team with a really bad injury track record. 

Gareon Conley's numbers aren't much better than what we have,  he's a horrible tackler who get's burned regularly.  He's 4 years removed from what he did in college to be the 24th Pick, his upside left town, the light bulb you're hoping to switch on doesn't exist.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like this will be the player the Eagles sign. How long can you wait for Nelson if you're the Eagles? 

On 7/14/2021 at 3:09 PM, Godfather said:

I feel like this will be the player the Eagles sign. How long can you wait for Nelson if you're the Eagles? 

I mean yeah I don't get it either. I suspect they just aren't interested in him for the price that Nelson wants. 

On 6/17/2021 at 5:02 PM, ibleedgreen1990 said:

i like the idea of a younger CB with potential to develop like Conley

I like the idea of having coaching stuff that actually can develope players

4 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Wonder what’s the hold up. Are they waiting on an Ertz move?

Yes.  Eagles currently have 3.197 million in cap room.  Once you add Landon Dickerson when he signs, 1.57 cap hit, and players 52 and 53 week 1, 850K x 2, totaling 3.27 million.

Without an Ertz or some other move, the Eagles keeping Ertz puts them over the cap week 1. 

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yes.  Eagles currently have 3.197 million in cap room.  Once you add Landon Dickerson when he signs, 1.57 cap hit, and players 52 and 53 week 1, 850K x 2, totaling 3.27 million.

Without an Ertz or some other move, the Eagles keeping Ertz puts them over the cap week 1. 

No no, they have to stick it to Ertz for a 7th round comp pick!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Cox restructure coming! Lol