Aaron Rodgers (Packers QB) -- NEW DEAL WITH GREEN BAY

Dungaroo

We barely have money to sign our draft picks and people think we are going to trade for Rodgers. Funny stuff.  

Since when did we have $30+ million in cap space.

4 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Since when did we have $30+ million in cap space.

This.

@ OP:  Try asking this same question next offseason.

If Howie is gonna go all in for someone it's going to be Watson. Rodgers doesn't fit our timeline.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If Howie is gonna go all in for someone it's going to be Watson. Rodgers doesn't fit our timeline.

Agreed. And I know he loves Wilson but I'm not sure he'd go for Wilson either. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

I don't want Watson on our team.

2 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

I don't want Watson on our team.

Don’t think Lowie’s gonna care, people didn’t want Vick either.

• Like 1

No thanks.  I can't stand him and I don't want another old ass team making dumb choices to squeeze out a shrinking playoff window.

• 2 months later...

If he were 6 or 7 years younger I might be tempted, but he's too old to make it worth what it would take to get him in a trade.

Signing him now is gonna be like the soccer team that signs Lionel Messi next, you'll see the odd flash of the old magic, but leaving the club he called home his whole career will have taken something fundamental out of him.

Brady could do it because it's always been about Tom Brady for him and he could see another ring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If he were 6 or 7 years younger I might be tempted, but he's too old to make it worth what it would take to get him in a trade.

Thing is as well... You trade for him and you give away all your future assets for the next few years. Having Rodgers isn't enough as the Packers have shown us for over a decade now. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thing is as well... You trade for him and you give away all your future assets for the next few years. Having Rodgers isn't enough as the Packers have shown us for over a decade now. 

I only said might, my view on blockbuster trades remains don't do it, the NFL is littered with trades for multiple day one picks that didn't work at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I only said might, my view on blockbuster trades remains don't do it, the NFL is littered with trades for multiple day one picks that didn't work at all. 

I agree with you there bud. Look if you have a team that looks like it is a stud QB short then go for it... Go and get it during that window. But few teams are in that position. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/6/2021 at 2:04 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Rodgers is to old & Watson has to many off the field legal problems .

No. I would rather they keep their picks, and trade down and acquire more picks. Aaron Rodgers isn’t going to make this team good enough to win anything. The Eagles need more talent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

No. I would rather they keep their picks, and trade down and acquire more picks. Aaron Rodgers isn’t going to make this team good enough to win anything. The Eagles need more talent. 

Rodgers would probably make this a play off team but nothing more. So ultimately the trade wouldn't be worth it. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Rodgers would probably make this a play off team but nothing more. So ultimately the trade wouldn't be worth it. 

He turns a 4-6 win team into a 7-9 win team maybe. It’s hard to say considering how bad this defense has been lately. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He turns a 4-6 win team into a 7-9 win team maybe. It’s hard to say considering how bad this defense has been lately. 

I think they probably win the SF game with Rodgers (based on how the game unfolded) so they'd be 2-2 right now. But yeah he's not transforming this team completely. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Having potentially 3 first rd picks next April, Howie is just licking his chops thinking how he is going to screw those up!

51 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Having potentially 3 first rd picks next April, Howie is just licking his chops thinking how he is going to screw those up!

All I can do is hope that Howie having multiple picks gives him a better chance of at least hitting on one of those players. 

57 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

All I can do is hope that Howie having multiple picks gives him a better chance of at least hitting on one of those players. 

Nothing will get this team back to the top than a 33% hit rate on high picks.  Then again, that seems to be about his regular rate.  

On 5/5/2021 at 3:08 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Does Rodgers make this team a contender? No. So the answer is simple. No. 

LOL,well you DON'T sign him to a ONE year deal lol