Aaron Rodgers (Packers QB) -- NEW DEAL WITH GREEN BAY

Dungaroo

26 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Nothing will get this team back to the top than a 33% hit rate on high picks.  Then again, that seems to be about his regular rate.  

I’d love to get a 100% rate, but most teams don’t get that. 

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d love to get a 100% rate, but most teams don’t get that. 

I’d never expect 100%.  But higher than 25 or 33% with your high picks would be nice (and should be expected).  

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL,well you DON'T sign him to a ONE year deal lol

No correct you don't. But you give up a lot of that ammo to get him so then you can't rebuild so much. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No correct you don't. But you give up a lot of that ammo to get him so then you can't rebuild so much. 

WEAK(very weak) draft coming, if you want to give up draft capital this is the draft to do it rather than give up a GREAT draft like the last one. We have the WR's for him now,a little work on the O line next draft and he's a guy who's not afraid to hand the ball off to a RB(unlike now). I see no QB's worthy of a top 5 next draft,so it would seem if you want a franchise QB, this is the time. But I doubt he would want to play here for 70 million a year lol . i believe though Aaron is a FA after this season???? So no, no draft capital needed for that(just lots of loot)

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2022/consensus-big-board-2022?pos=QB   Of course all this could change, but as you see and I just checked, there are no top 10 QB's according to this place either,so if you wanted to replace Hurts(IF you did), you may as well forget it this draft unless one of the just lights it up from here on(maybe Howell could) I DO find it interesting they show us taking a QB lol(Rattler)

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So no, no draft capital needed for that(just lots of loot)

There you go then... Build with draft picks and sign him as a FA in a couple of years. Best of both worlds that way. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There you go then... Build with draft picks and sign him as a FA in a couple of years. Best of both worlds that way. 

He will be too old to sign long term "in a couple of years"

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He will be too old to sign long term "in a couple of years"

But this roster is nowhere near ready to contend. 

15 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2022/consensus-big-board-2022?pos=QB   Of course all this could change, but as you see and I just checked, there are no top 10 QB's according to this place either,so if you wanted to replace Hurts(IF you did), you may as well forget it this draft unless one of the just lights it up from here on(maybe Howell could) I DO find it interesting they show us taking a QB lol(Rattler)

I don't want this team to give up major draft capital to move up for a QB unless that player is an elite talent.  It doesn't make sense to give up a ton to move up unless you are guaranteed to land a player that is far better than Hurts (these prospects don't look to be that at this time).

If by season's end they still aren't sold on Hurts, the far smarter move would be to try to move down with one (or two even) of their 1st rd picks, picking up a later pick in the upcoming draft (later 1st?) and 1st rd picks in 2023.  That way they are still stocked up on draft picks to try to make a move the following year if Hurts still doesn't prove to be the guy after 2 seasons.  

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But this roster is nowhere near ready to contend. 

Not with this QB lol. What is the point of having burner WR's, if your QB can't throw 30 yards?

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

I don't want this team to give up major draft capital to move up for a QB unless that player is an elite talent.  It doesn't make sense to give up a ton to move up unless you are guaranteed to land a player that is far better than Hurts (these prospects don't look to be that at this time).

If by season's end they still aren't sold on Hurts, the far smarter move would be to try to move down with one (or two even) of their 1st rd picks, picking up a later pick in the upcoming draft (later 1st?) and 1st rd picks in 2023.  That way they are still stocked up on draft picks to try to make a move the following year if Hurts still doesn't prove to be the guy after 2 seasons.  

Oh, so suck another year? How long until the guys we drafted give up playing????. There are 52 other guys besides the QB. Aaron would be signed a year from now to I assume a LONG term deal, and if we're not moving up in the draft this year, and there is no QB in 2023, we will suck for THREE years lol and while I am fine giving Hurts his shot,you are putting ALL your eggs in that basket.if he fails,the entire team will collapse. Nobody is going to destroy their bodies for an 0-17 team no matter how much you pay them. BTW we are already seeing some signs of discontentment

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Oh, so suck another year? How long until the guys we drafted give up playing????. There are 52 other guys besides the QB. Aaron would be signed a year from now to I assume a LONG term deal, and if we're not moving up in the draft this year, and there is no QB in 2023, we will suck for THREE years lol and while I am fine giving Hurts his shot,you are putting ALL your eggs in that basket.if he fails,the entire team will collapse. Nobody is going to destroy their bodies for an 0-17 team no matter how much you pay them. BTW we are already seeing some signs of discontentment

My comment was only in relation to using a lot of draft capital to move up for a questionable prospect in the draft.  Signing someone like Rogers is a completely different conversation.  

12 minutes ago, time2rock said:

My comment was only in relation to using a lot of draft capital to move up for a questionable prospect in the draft.  Signing someone like Rogers is a completely different conversation.  

So what is the title of this thread? If Hurts is NOT the guy,we're going to have to do 1 or the other or continue being so bad nobody will play here

53 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't think Howie would like Rodgers wanting so much control

That's a great point!!!!

As great as Rodgers is, he hasn’t won a Super Bowl since 2011. What makes anyone think he can come here and win one. I mean, let’s face it, Green Bay has a lot more talent than we do. Do we really want to build a team around an aging QB?

I think we can lock this up. Rodgers wants to go to a contender

• Thanks 1

WHY in God's name would he want to come to Philly. he has money, probablyly only really wants another ring before retiring, and he ain't gonna get it here......Build a team with draft picks like Dallas did, and then look at QB options...maybe DAK down the road:)

A little birdie told me Rodgers likes when an offensive game plan includes running the ball at times.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

A little birdie told me Rodgers likes when an offensive game plan includes running the ball at times.  

He probably won't be interested in coming to Philly then! 😉

On 10/10/2021 at 5:32 PM, time2rock said:

On 10/11/2021 at 12:35 AM, Road to Victory said:

As great as Rodgers is, he hasn’t won a Super Bowl since 2011. What makes anyone think he can come here and win one. I mean, let’s face it, Green Bay has a lot more talent than we do. Do we really want to build a team around an aging QB?

On 10/11/2021 at 6:06 PM, Godfather said:

I think we can lock this up. Rodgers wants to go to a contender

Yeah I don't see anyway this would work. We can't afford to give up our draft capital and limited salary cap. If we did there is no way we could build a competitive team around Rodgers and as others have said, he hasn't won a Super Bowl for 10 years despite having a pretty good Green Bay team.

We need to give Hurts this year. If he's not the guy, then look to trade down and pick up an extra first for 2023. Give Minshew his shot next year if need be.

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah I don't see anyway this would work. We can't afford to give up our draft capital and limited salary cap. If we did there is no way we could build a competitive team around Rodgers and as others have said, he hasn't won a Super Bowl for 10 years despite having a pretty good Green Bay team.

We need to give Hurts this year. If he's not the guy, then look to trade down and pick up an extra first for 2023. Give Minshew his shot next year if need be.

I certainly would not entertain the idea of giving up a mother load of picks for Rodgers (or Wilson ... or Watson ... or ... ).  Using only one of them ... I'd have to consider it.  But not likely their respective teams would be willing to deal their star QB for a single 1st.