Daniel Jeremiah Evaluation of the Eagles draft

Traveler Vic

Basically if you compare  Daniel Jeremiah board to the actual Eagles picks, there is a direct correlation. Something that most Eagle fans also noticed. Eagles nailed Day 1 and 3.  Day 2 ??? Not so much. Although some fans like me hated the value of day 2 picks and would have went in a different direction. Overall a good draft not withstanding.

Player Actual pick Jeremiah’s ranking
DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama 10th overall (1st) 6th
Landon Dickerson, OL, Alabama 37th overall (2nd) 40th
Milton Williams, DT, Louisiana Tech 73rd overall (3rd) 72nd
Zech McPhearson, CB, Texas Tech 123rd overall (4th) 85th
Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis 150th overall (5th) 78th
Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC 189th overall (6th) 126th
Patrick Johnson, DE/LB, Tulane 234th overall (7th) 124th

3 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Where are the other two picks? 

DJ only ranks up to 150 top players, we had 7 of them, the ones you see in that chart. The other picks were un-ranked.

• Like 5

Overall you've got to say on paper this seems like a pretty good draft. Of course it is to early to tell and of course we need to see how this draft pans out but value wise these seem to be good picks. 

And of course add in the extra first Howie got for trading back. 

• Like 3

I don't know enough about college players to say if they are good or not but we had a glaring need at corner back so to come away with one 4th round pick is a F for fail.

• Like 1

Not for nothing, but it seems like every year everyone is loving the Eagles draft picks until the players start playing. At least for the past five years the Eagles early draft grades were at least a B. It’s all good until these guys have to get on the field and prove if they can play. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not for nothing, but it seems like every year everyone is loving the Eagles draft picks until the players start playing. At least for the past five years the Eagles early draft grades were at least a B. It’s all good until these guys have to get on the field and prove if they can play. 

Cup is half empty? For now my cup is half full. LOL

If the Alabama interior lineman stays healthy it’ll probably be a decent haul. If not, then DeVonta will be carrying it

7 hours ago, Perforator said:

I don't know enough about college players to say if they are good or not but we had a glaring need at corner back so to come away with one 4th round pick is a F for fail.

How many times does it have to be said that the draft isn’t to fill short term needs? That’s just a horrible strategy that gets you players like Danny Watkins and Jaiquawn Jarrett.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Last year people ripped the Eagles draft.

6 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Cup is half empty? For now my cup is half full. LOL

I’m not full or empty. I just want to see what these guys can do. Picking another medical concern with the second round pick doesn’t excite me though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vaff said:

How many times does it have to be said that the draft isn’t to fill short term needs? That’s just a horrible strategy that gets you players like Danny Watkins and Jaiquawn Jarrett.

I’m not sure what that narrative means. Are you saying they couldn’t draft a quality corner and accomplish both long and short term goals? Corner appears to be an area that has short term needs as there is only slay and long term needs as slay won’t be here after next year. So next year they’ll have to go big in FA or spend a lot of draft picks at the position. 

2 minutes ago, vaff said:

Who the hell is Jacob Mayne? If you missed people criticizing the eagles for taking Reagor over Jefferson, and taking Hurts in the second round, you clearly weren’t paying a whole lot of attention.

The one where you claimed panned the Eagles draft doesn’t even show a grade. You made a claim and can’t even back it up. 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kentwo said:

I’m not sure what that narrative means. Are you saying they couldn’t draft a quality corner and accomplish both long and short term goals? Corner appears to be an area that has short term needs as there is only slay and long term needs as slay won’t be here after next year. So next year they’ll have to go big in FA or spend a lot of draft picks at the position. 

It means that you don’t draft inferior players just to fill a need. If you think Dickerson is better than Asante Samuel Jr... draft Dickerson.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

The one where you claimed panned the Eagles draft doesn’t even show a grade. 

You mean Brian Baldinger? You’ve never heard of him?

• Like 2

Just now, vaff said:

It means that you don’t draft inferior players just to fill a need. If you think Dickerson is better than Asante Samuel Jr... draft Dickerson.

You mean Brian Baldinger? You’ve never heard of him?

I’m sorry, but is Brian Baldinger a grade? 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I’m sorry, but is Brian Baldinger a grade? 

You need an actual grade? "Missed the boat” isn’t clear enough for you? This isn’t a grade 3 report card.

4 minutes ago, vaff said:

You need an actual grade? "Missed the boat” isn’t clear enough for you? This isn’t a grade 3 report card.

You claimed a bunch of people were negative about the Eagles draft last year. You brought up one guy (as if he’s the most important guy in the universe) as your reasoning and your post didn’t even have a grade. It’s nonsense son. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-grades-philadelphia-eagles

Another positive...

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You claimed a bunch of people were negative about the Eagles draft last year. You brought up one guy (as if he’s the most important guy in the universe) as your reasoning and your post didn’t even have a grade. It’s nonsense son. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-grades-philadelphia-eagles

Another positive...

https://www.phillyvoice.com/philadelphia-eagles-2020-draft-grades/