Steven Nelson Internet Fodder

pgcd3

It's a slow news time so I figured I'd post this for fun.  Yesterday I tweeted a comment about Steven Nelson.  I didn't @ him or anything. Someone replied and Steven Nelson liked the reply.  It's all fairly self explanatory. 

n1.png

n2.png

• Like 1

So you're comment was he's not better than average? No wonder he liked the response to your tweet. 

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So you're comment was he's not better than average? No wonder he liked the response to your tweet. 

😄

LOL, I didn't really mean it as an insult.  I think he's an average starter at CB. We could use an average starter.  That's nothing to sneeze at. Let's face it if the league viewed him otherwise he'd have gotten a big deal by now.  Also by him liking the response he's somewhat insulting the rest of our secondary :roll:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

LOL, I didn't really mean it as an insult.  I think he's an average starter at CB. We could use an average starter.  That's nothing to sneeze at. Let's face it if the league viewed him otherwise he'd have gotten a big deal by now.  Also by him liking the response he's somewhat insulting the rest of our secondary :roll:

Oh he's definitely a big upgrade over our current #2 that's for sure. We do need a good solid #2 for the next couple of years at least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:roll: "I honestly don’t think he’s better than average” 

That’ll convince him to sign here!  :lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

:roll: "I honestly don’t think he’s better than average” 

That’ll convince him to sign here!  :lol:

I was trying to keep the price down and motivate him :roll:

Seriously I wasn't @ him.  The guy looks for his name on the Internet

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I was trying to keep the price down and motivate him :roll:

Seriously I wasn't @ him.  The guy looks for his name on the Internet

He really is Twitter searching himself without the mention.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

He really is Twitter searching himself without the mention.

He saw my tweet and took the time to check out the reply. lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I see that Steven Nelson retweeted the NFL tweet about Julio Jones performance at the last Falcons-Eagles game.  Pretty obvious that he's either talking to Eagles or frustrated with their offer. Not sure which but something going on.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 1.21.56 PM.png

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

Ok I see that Steven Nelson retweeted the NFL tweet about Julio Jones performance at the last Falcons-Eagles game.  Pretty obvious that he's either talking to Eagles or frustrated with their offer. Not sure which but something going on.

Well since he is still on the market then no team is ponying up what he wants (so have to assume he is overvaluing himself).  He has to know our cap situation, that we won't be able to pay him what he is expecting.  With the reduced cap this year his best bet is to sign a 1 year prove it deal somewhere and if he plays well, he'll get paid next year.  Philly probably offers the best situation as there really is no one to worry about beating him out for the starting gig.  

Nelson would be a brilliant pick up. At worse he's 10 times better than what we currently have at CB2.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Nelson would be a brilliant pick up. At worse he's 10 times better than what we currently have at CB2.

Even this Nelson might be better than some of the current players we have at CB. They haven't had a hit since the 90s, but neither have most of our current CBs.  

16fb6546a4457cf30eba0d82b027accf.jpg

• Haha 4

Signing someone like Nelson just continues our nonsensical offseason.

Let’s not forget that our head coach was ostensibly fired because he didn’t want to tank.

1 hour ago, Thrive said:

Signing someone like Nelson just continues our nonsensical offseason.

Let’s not forget that our head coach was ostensibly fired because he was totally incompetent and clearly had no idea how to properly coach offense.  

FYP.  I hate Howie too, but defending Doug is ridiculous.  He was the worst offensive play caller, game architect, player developer, and personnel decision maker I've ever seen in my 40 years.  He deserved to be fired and was outmatched every single week.  I remember my youth too.  Doug last year was egregious.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hputenis said:

FYP.  I hate Howie too, but defending Doug is ridiculous.  He was the worst offensive play caller, game architect, player developer, and personnel decision maker I've ever seen in my 40 years.  He deserved to be fired and was outmatched every single week.  I remember my youth too.  Doug last year was egregious.  

You are entitled to your opinion. I just gave the official answer that came from Lurie (which such answer has been absolutely disabused by their actions this offseason).

5 hours ago, hputenis said:

Haha you’re 40 you old F 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, hputenis said:

Rich Kotite and Dana Bible say, hi.

18 hours ago, hputenis said:

18 hours ago, Thrive said:

You are entitled to your opinion. I just gave the official answer that came from Lurie (which such answer has been absolutely disabused by their actions this offseason).

I don't agree with that take on Doug, but I do agree I'm not buying Lurie's reasoning. Saying they took Hurts for gadget plays and to be part of a QB factory was probably more believable.

If they wanted Doug, they would have just told him to take his time. It was a face saving exercise for Lurie and Doug.

Steven Nelson joins the board in 3….

• Like 1

Nelson wont be an Eagle, he would have been by now if FO had interest...

31 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

I don't think that's necessarily true though. After the first couple of waves of FA there are always still good players out there that wanted more than the market was offering them. Those guys then wait it out to see how the draft pans out and what happens during TC etc. Injuries force teams to be desperate and then players can get a better deal. And if that doesn't happen then they end up with a deal very similar to what they were offered in the first place. Plus some teams need to clear cap space and so will do so after June 1st.

4 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Not necessarily.  We're down to just a shade over $4M in cap space ATM.  We'll get another $4M added to the cap in a week and a half from having used the post June 1 designations when releasing Jeffery and MJackson, and if we cut/trade Ertz after June 1 we add yet another $8.5M.  If anything happens I wouldn't expect it until then.  

• Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 9:01 PM, hputenis said:

you may be the dumbest poster on this sight, the entire internet, flappy crack