Season Opener line: Eagles +3.5 at Falcons

Hawkeye

Eagles getting a field goal plus with four months to overthink this line.  

Eagle +3.5
Total:  46.5/47
Moneyline: Eagles +165/175

• Like 1

Looks like the Falcons have a lot of injuries........

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Looks like the Falcons have a lot of injuries........

Eagles say hold my beer.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Falcons led planet earth in passing yards allowed last year, and then they didn’t resign either starting safety. Their secondary is much worse than ours, if you can believe it.

If Hurts is going to have a big year two, we’ll know right away against ATL

Eagles haven’t won outright In ATL since 2009.

Hurts was pulled from the National Championship game against Georgia at Mercedes Benz Stadium in 2018; Tua took over and won it all.

Atlanta has not been kind to the Eagles.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

Eagles haven’t won outright In ATL since 2009.

Hurts was pulled from the National Championship game against Georgia at Mercedes Benz Stadium in 2018; Tua took over and won it all.

Atlanta has not been kind to the Eagles.

Jackson agrees

Home teams always wins Eagles/Falcons match. So pick the Falcons here. Looks like the Eagles will start the year 0-4. 

Line is too low.  Ryan is still in his prime. They have Jones, Ridley, drafted the all world TE.  Atl may throw for 400 yards.  Take the Falcons and give the 3.5.  That line should go up from here.

Ryan and Pitts are going to wreck our linebackers and 2ndary. 

11 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Jackson agrees

Reference to that crazy nasty hit he took from Dunta Robinson?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, weko said:

Line is too low.  Ryan is still in his prime. They have Jones, Ridley, drafted the all world TE.  Atl may throw for 400 yards.  Take the Falcons and give the 3.5.  That line should go up from here.

They also have a new head coach, installing a new system in their first game of the year. How they performed last year, just like the Eagles, needs to be thrown out the door.

We might not even know what either team really looks like by October, let alone May.

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

They also have a new head coach, installing a new system in their first game of the year. How they performed last year, just like the Eagles, needs to be thrown out the door.

We might not even know what either team really looks like by October, let alone May.

But the Vegas beast must be fed.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Reference to that crazy nasty hit he took from Dunta Robinson?

Yes

5 hours ago, flyerdog said:

I'm picturing Avonte Maddox/Michael Jacquet/ covering Kyle Pitts....yuck....

My god I hadn't even thought about that...

I think the Eagles win it but if they don't it will likely be an early sign of how bad our defense will be this year.  

8 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol at people thinking this is an easy win

If the Eagles win this one I'll be surprised. Not massively because the Falcons aren't a good team at this point but they are better than us right now. 

Atlanta had 4 seperate players that had enough yards to be our number one receiver last year and 3 of them managed it starting less than 10 games, they added Kyle Pitts in the draft.

So that receiving corps in their own house against our secondary and the line is +3.5 for the Eagles???  I don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Atlanta had 4 seperate players that had enough yards to be our number one receiver last year and 3 of them managed it starting less than 10 games, they added Kyle Pitts in the draft.

So that receiving corps in their own house against our secondary and the line is +3.5 for the Eagles???  I don't get it.

Hard to argue against. I mean look their D is bad! So bad that despite a very good offense they were still a bad team last year. But their strengths match up well (for them) against our weaknesses. And at this early stage I'm not sure what our strengths are? We could get after their defense but I don't really know what to expect from our offense. 

8 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Because even with those guys, they had a worse record than us. The rest of the team is that bad

On 5/14/2021 at 4:28 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It is simple - Atlanta defense and offensive line was trash and what did they do? They drafted a TE.

The Eagles trotted out 15 different offensive lines last year and Atlanta's line was still ranked worse.

While it is wayyy to early to make any predictions the line makes sense.

• Like 1