Season Opener line: Eagles +3.5 at Falcons

Hawkeye

5 hours ago, pallidrone said:

It is simple - Atlanta defense and offensive line was trash and what did they do? They drafted a TE.

The Eagles trotted out 15 different offensive lines last year and Atlanta's line was still ranked worse.

While it is wayyy to early to make any predictions the line makes sense.

That's fair! Their offensive line is trash and their defense is woeful and they didn't do a lot to help either. That said their weapons should absolutely rinse our secondary. 

8 hours ago, pallidrone said:

It is simple - Atlanta defense and offensive line was trash and what did they do? They drafted a TE.

The Eagles trotted out 15 different offensive lines last year and Atlanta's line was still ranked worse.

While it is wayyy to early to make any predictions the line makes sense.

Ranked worse by PFF?  The fact is the Falcon's put up 1500 more yards and gave up 24 less sacks, and all without Julio or a starting caliber TE for half the season. Their horrible defense gave up a lower passer rating and completion percentage than ours and as we all know, we lost one of our corners and only drafted secondary in the 4th and 6th round while their offense added another blue chip receiver in the draft.

We'll never agree on it but there is literally nothing in last years season that points to us being better than Atlanta week one, we can all hope we are but I wouldn't bet a nickel on us at +3.5.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Ranked worse by PFF?  The fact is the Falcon's put up 1500 more yards and gave up 24 less sacks, and all without Julio or a starting caliber TE for half the season. Their horrible defense gave up a lower passer rating and completion percentage than ours and as we all know, we lost one of our corners and only drafted secondary in the 4th and 6th round while their offense added another blue chip receiver in the draft.

We'll never agree on it but there is literally nothing in last years season that points to us being better than Atlanta week one, we can all hope we are but I wouldn't bet a nickel on us at +3.5.

The Eagles had more sacks, less yardage, more interceptions and more fumbles then Atlanta last year, yet Atlanta still had less scoring TDs then the Eagles. You are looking at Julio, Pitts and Ridley and that's it. They have a bad offensive line, they have a JAG at running back and an aging QB who is mediocre. I think you underestimate how bad of a football team they were last year and that they did not really improve this off season, other then getting a TE (who I really like BTW).

Atlanta will be lucky to win 4 games next year.

You win at the line of scrimmage. The Eagles have a much better defensive and offensive line then Atlanta. They will protect better and they will get after the QB better.

Again - this is way to early to predict anything, but again at this point in the year, the line makes sense.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:02 AM, Dweedlebug said:

Ryan and Pitts are going to wreck our linebackers and 2ndary. 

Well the good news is, that our New LB from LSU has covered Pitts before and done well. 

Take the Eagles and the points. I expect a high scoring affair.