Predict Eagles Wins/Loses in May 2021

wrestlevessel

On 5/12/2021 at 11:20 PM, Big___Al said:

Pretty easy schedule; I say 8-8. But they still stink, and their rebuild will take at least this season and next, if all goes well.

Guy on Bill Simmons’ podcast was talking about how’s he’s studied the fairness of scheduling over the last decades and called out the eagles as getting screwed. Starting Sunday night and ending Thursday night, we play 4 games in 17 days (most games in fewest timeframe possible). Two of those 4 games were last years super bowl teams. After that 4-in-17, we immediately follow with 5-in-7 on the road :lol: 

Hurts gets hurt Week 1, Flacco comes in off the bench and leads the team to a 14-3 record, and certain folks in the EMB cry and whine that Hurts should be the starting QB in the playoffs, because he shouldn’t lose his job just because he got injured …. and he’s a hard worker 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Hurts gets hurt Week 1, Flacco comes in off the bench and leads the team to a 14-3 record, and certain folks in the EMB cry and whine that Hurts should be the starting QB in the playoffs, because he shouldn’t lose his job just because he got injured …. and he’s a hard worker 

Bout the dumbest post I’ve ever read. First of nobody has that kind of allegiance to Hurts not like those idiots who obsessed over Wentz even though Foles won the Super Bowl or when he got hurt the next year and his cult following wanted him to be the playoff quarterback when he led the team to another losing record before he got hurt. Oh and Flacco winning 14 games is laughable, but if he does no one will be crying for Hurts to get back in there just like nobody cried for Kevin Kolb to get back in there when Vick took over.

• Like 2

Eagles start with 3-0 run.

Eagles finish with 4-0 run.

A few wins in between. 11-6.

NFC East Champs

• Like 1

@Falcons- Win (1-0)

vs 49ers- Win (2-0)

@Cowboys- Win (3-0)

vs Chiefs- Loss (3-1)

@Panthers- Loss (3-2)

vs Bucs- Win (4-2)

@Raiders- Win (5-2)

@Lions- Loss (5-3)

vs Chargers- Win (6-3)

@Broncos- Win (7-3)

vs Saints- Loss (7-4)

@Giants- Win (8-4)

@Jets- Loss (8-5)

vs Redskins- Win (9-5)

vs Giants- Win (10-5)

@Redskins- Loss (10-6)

vs Cowboys- Win (11-6)

@Falcons- Loss (0-1) Big test for our secondary first game up, 'I've got a really bad feeling on this one OK'

vs 49ers- Loss (0-2) The 49ers almost had us last year while benching their QB2 for QB3, we couldn't be any worse than last year but then neither can they

@Cowboys- Loss (0-3) They've stuck 37 on us the last twice we've at the Jerrydome and we haven't swept them for 10 years, I think we win the last game of the season as they rest starters so we lose this one.

vs Chiefs- Win (1-3) The team pull that one result out of their butt that makes you ask where that effort was the rest of the season

@Panthers- Win (2-3) Panthers dumped Teddy Bridgewater to trade actual draft picks for Big Dumb Sam Darnold, I would be so pissed if Howie pulled some sheet like this, Panthers suck, we win

vs Bucs- Loss (2-4)  Brady slices and dices our secondary as Tampa win comfortably 

@Raiders- Win (3-4) The Raiders are realising that leaving Oakland for a town that couldn't give a rats arse about them is a mistake, we win in a game that sounds like it's in Philly.

@Lions- Win (4-4)  The Lions Receiver room makes ours last year look the Greatest show on turf, we win this one.

vs Chargers- Loss (4-5) I just think the Chargers are in a better place than we are.

@Broncos- Win (5-5)  Bronco's continue to suck as giant faced John Elway continues to dine out on winning the Superbowl by paying Peyton Manning a kings ransom to ride Wade Phillips defense to a second ring.

vs Saints-  Win (6--5) The Saints have nothing at QB, if we can't beat them this year, we're in trouble

@Giants- Loss (6-6)  The Giants nick a close one as they finally manage to put enough receivers on the field for Daniel Jones to hit them consistently

@Jets- Loss (6-7)  The Jets win a close one in awful weather, despite picking yet another massively overrated white guy QB in the first round of the draft

vs Redskins- Loss (6-8) The WFT have just enough to end any lingering play off hopes we might have had.

vs Giants- Win (7-8)  We beat the Giants at home on a last minute 54 yard field goal, as we pull our traditional rally to avoid a top ten pick after a 3 game skid

@Redskins- Loss (7-9) Lane Johnson becomes a full time Jason Peters tribute act as he keeps leaving the field against the best pass rush in our division and we lose narrowly

vs Cowboys- Win (8-9)  We pull out a pointless divisional result that leaves us picking 14th as Dallarse put out second stringers to prepare for the playoffs.

-------------------------------------------------------

Honestly this says I think we finish 8-9 but I wouldn't be that surprised with any record from 3-14 to 10-7, reading around the league on Sirianni it does look like the Eagle's have sought out a yes man rather than a sought after coach, I hope I'm wrong because even though I don't expect to compete this year I hope to see that the staff and roster could compete with time and the right roster moves.

7 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

This about what I have..except it is hard to win in Denver with their high mountain Air..So we might lose that one....And I think we should  beat the Jets. So it is a wash. Also at this point it is too early to judge Siri on what he will become. Doug P seemed totally over his head when hired, but he turned out OK. We need to give Siri at least half a season, to show what he has.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 11:32 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Bout the dumbest post I’ve ever read. First of nobody has that kind of allegiance to Hurts not like those idiots who obsessed over Wentz even though Foles won the Super Bowl or when he got hurt the next year and his cult following wanted him to be the playoff quarterback when he led the team to another losing record before he got hurt. Oh and Flacco winning 14 games is laughable, but if he does no one will be crying for Hurts to get back in there just like nobody cried for Kevin Kolb to get back in there when Vick took over.

Ouch.  Someone has a man crush on Hurts already.  Hope you had some tissue nearby when you wrote that post.

Relax, bud.  The national media and casual Eagles fan drastically overrating Hurts is a real thing; if you don’t see it then you have your head in the sand.  I hope Hurts succeeds — I think he will not.

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Ouch.  Someone has a man crush on Hurts already.  Hope you had some tissue nearby when you wrote that post.

Relax, bud.  The national media and casual Eagles fan drastically overrating Hurts is a real thing; if you don’t see it then you have your head in the sand.  I hope Hurts succeeds — I think he will not.

The media is overrating Hurts? I have yet to find someone that is positive about him. Ok, T.O. but that doesn't really count.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Infam said:

The media is overrating Hurts? I have yet to find someone that is positive about him. Ok, T.O. but that doesn't really count.

I think he is just part of the subset of Eagles fan that are only happy when they complain and hate everything about the Eagles. You know the fan that says that everything is worst, X team is so much better then the Eagles (usually Dallas), that they are only being a realist but they hope they are wrong.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

It hardly seems like I have a man crush on Hurts here. Actually I have a wait and see on Hurts. It don’t get why any of you people are so obsessed with ripping the guy or acting like he’s the next big thing right now. Maybe you should get off your Wentz fetish though bud. He’s gone. Accept it and if nothing just let it play out before you trash Hurts. Or maybe you should just become a Cults fan and follow your whiny god. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It hardly seems like I have a man crush on Hurts here. Actually I have a wait and see on Hurts. It don’t get why any of you people are so obsessed with ripping the guy or acting like he’s the next big thing right now. Maybe you should get off your Wentz fetish though bud. He’s gone. Accept it and if nothing just let it play out before you trash Hurts. Or maybe you should just become a Cults fan and follow your whiny god. 

If you go back and read my posts, neither of them make mention of Wentz, yet both of yours do.  Perhaps looking in the mirror might give you some perspective on which posters in here are being objective and which aren’t.  If you have an axe to grind with Wentz, fill your boots.  Some of us have moved on — you might want to catch up.

Hurts showed nothing last season to indicate he can be a top-half NFL starting QB.  If you want to take personal offense when people point it out, that just shows others that you’re really thin-skinned 

Just my two cents, and this doesn't count injuries which has been devastating the last 4 years.

1. Falcons (L) - They have a veteran QB that always tears us up and now he has elite weapons across the board. Their defense is even worse then ours so I see this being close.

2. 49ers (L) - Jimmy G. starts IMO and he has such a solid team across the board and their coaching staff just has the experience to dominate this one.

3. Dallas (L) - This will be a shoot out and Hurts finally has his break out game but it's not enough.

4. Chiefs (L) - If they hadn't invested so much in their O-line I really believe the Birds could compete but they can't get to Patrick and he toasts us.

5. Panthers (L) - Huge fan of Brady and his offensives. There defense I think with the investments they've made should be solid this year.

6. Bucs (L) - Brady eats this young defense alive and their defense makes our offense look like pop warner.

7. Raiders (W) - The Raiders have drafted even worse then the Eagles and for some reason they don't respect Carr. Hurts and Smith rip their defense apart.

8. Lions (W) - Goff and their offense scares nobody.

9. Chargers (L) - They have a complete team IMO and the Eagles are no match.

10 Broncos (W) - Solid defense and decent offensive playmakers, but I'm going to this game and its going to be a glorious victory. Bonus is I get to show these people how to tailgate with style. Fly Eagles Fly!!

11. Saints (W) - I can see the team staring to get in a groove here and they start to show some true development. 

12. Giants (L) - The Eagles battle their old foe until the final whistle but just come up short

13. Jets (W) - The first game where I think the Birds  dominates from start to finish and blows them out.

14. WTF (L) - Their defense is just dominating and Hurts plays second fiddle to the run game.

15. Giants (L) - Like before but an even closer battle that comes up short.

16. WTF (L) Another ass handing by a superior defense even though I think we improve the teams performance from prior.

17. Cowboys (W) The girls will be resting their starters for a playoff run and we destroy the backups.

Eagles record 6-11 with a top 10 pick again. 

The offense will be better than average with a good QB in Hurts and top developing weapons in Smith, Reagor, Goedert, Sanders, Gainwell, Johnson, and IMO Grimes. With a balanced offense and play calling that is built to maximize its talent I think they have an up and coming offense to be respected with a strong o-line.  

The defense is going to be a major work in progress and will cost the team more wins then Hurts and the offense. There is very little in building blocks for the long term future. D-line still needs a true threat from the edge but has a lot of daft capitol invested in the interior. The linebackers have nobody that projects as a true playmaker or even average talent. The secondary is even worse off with Slay being average and a rookie as CB2, with Harris at safety and then who else often injured McCloud?

With the most draft capitol in arguably the strongest and deepest draft in decades I think the team addresses defense early and often with 2 CBS, 1 DE, and a ILB in the first two rounds. Followed up reinforcements to FS, TE, QB, and SLB. 

5-12  Hurts gets benched by game 6. Flacco sucks as well. 

4 hours ago, greend said:

5-12  Hurts gets benched by game 6. Flacco sucks as well. 

Howie won't let Siri bench Hurts

With, or without Julio?

Without  4-13

With 11-6

On 5/18/2021 at 7:11 PM, Alphagrand said:

If you go back and read my posts, neither of them make mention of Wentz, yet both of yours do.  Perhaps looking in the mirror might give you some perspective on which posters in here are being objective and which aren’t.  If you have an axe to grind with Wentz, fill your boots.  Some of us have moved on — you might want to catch up.

Hurts showed nothing last season to indicate he can be a top-half NFL starting QB.  If you want to take personal offense when people point it out, that just shows others that you’re really thin-skinned 

You’re making judgments off four games and that’s just ridiculous. McNabb never should have been given a chance based off his rookie season based on that logic. 

We're not going to be able to defend the pass.  We have 1 good CB and a patchwork group at S.  Maybe the LBs are better but that's not saying much.  I would think we're the worst back 7 in the league.  If not we're close.  Hard to predict wins if with Howie ignoring the 5 alarm fire at DB and going with patches on the tires when a new set is in order.

Another thought is that the league until recently has had many teams needing QBs.  So many competent ones have come into the league in recent years.  Almost all of them can march down the field if their WRs are wide open.  We really needed DB help in rounds 2 & 3.  How are going to stop any team's passing game?  We can count on our decent DL to apply pressure but if guys are wide open it doesn't take that many seconds to complete a pass, negating the rush.  Huge chunks plays negate many plays with a decent pass rush.  We have lousy DBs in a passing league.  It will up to the O to score a lot of points and maybe they can pull it off and we'll be respectable.