Friends Reunion

VaBeach_Eagle

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Deary me... I mean it was a big big deal over 10 years ago. 

It's one of my only non 60's, 70's or 80's favorite shows. But I think this is going to just be a cast reunion sort of thing, rather than a 'reunion episode' sort of thing. 

Since it's on HBO Max, will Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe all show their 50+ year old teets?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Since it's on HBO Max, will Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe all show their 50+ year old teets?  

I'd wager Rachel's are the nicest.  Even if they do, you know HE won't be watching because he doesn't like granny boobs.  :roll:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Bit of a letdown this isn't it?

How so? I don't think that this 'reunion' is going to be an episode. Just the cast sitting around, talking about the show and doing things like in that trailer. 

I won't pay for HBO Max for it, but I'll find the show and watch it (eventually). 

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How so? I don't think that this 'reunion' is going to be an episode. Just the cast sitting around, talking about the show and doing things like in that trailer. 

I won't pay for HBO Max for it, but I'll find the show and watch it (eventually). 

That's what I mean... It isn't an actual episode it is just the cast getting back together.

mods can we combine this thread with the horror movie thread please ?

• Haha 3

Just now, The_Omega said:

Addiction is a ****

Yeah, if you watched the series, you could really see some dramatic weight changes from season to season. At one point he looked very unhealthy because he'd gotten so thin.  

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, if you watched the series, you could really see some dramatic weight changes from season to season. At one point he looked very unhealthy because he'd gotten so thin.  

and now they're complaining because it looks like he ate the whole nine yards ??

2 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

and now they're complaining because it looks like he ate the whole nine yards ??

The story that I read was that people were concerned because he was slurring his words. I didn't notice it in the second video that I posted in this thread, though. 

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The story that I read was that people were concerned because he was slurring his words. I didn't notice it in the second video that I posted in this thread, though. 

ok, so maybe he drank the whole ten yards also ? 

1 hour ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

ok, so maybe he drank the whole ten yards also ? 

If I remember correctly, he had a prescription drug abuse problem. I read an interview with him once where he said that he had no memory of filming most of a season or two of the show. 

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It is basically like the show though. Them sitting around the apartment bullsheeting lol. 

On 5/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's what I mean... It isn't an actual episode it is just the cast getting back together.

Everyone knows that's what it is though. A reunion is the cast reminiscing. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air did one on HBO Max as well.  Parks and Recreation did one on zoom and tied in the pandemic lockdowns. They aren't advertised as new episodes. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Everyone knows that's what it is though. A reunion is the cast reminiscing. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air did one on HBO Max as well.  Parks and Recreation did one on zoom and tied in the pandemic lockdowns. They aren't advertised as new episodes. 

I don't know why people don't understand this. They all get upset when they say it isn't an episode.. it's a cast reunion not a reboot of the show itself. Has a reunion ever been an actual episode?

22 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know why people don't understand this. They all get upset when they say it isn't an episode.. it's a cast reunion not a reboot of the show itself. Has a reunion ever been an actual episode?

Seinfeld did theirs through an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm 

Matt Leblanc was in the show episodes, playing a more R-rated version of himself. A few Friends castmates were guests. It was basically self-mocking.

The show was entertaining, but why anyone would care to watch this is beyond me

People were obsessed with this show. Obsessed. I have family members who will, to this day, watch it the way a lot of people watch The Office.

2 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

People were obsessed with this show. Obsessed. I have family members who will, to this day, watch it the way a lot of people watch The Office.

My younger cousin is obsessed, has t-shirts and other merch, posts memes from Friends FB groups, etc. I don't get it. 

We tried rewatching a couple years ago and it was cringey. I don't think it holds up. Even at the time, it went on too long and had the same tired cliches and jokes.

• Like 1