Eagles showing interest in former Seahawks LB KJ Wright

Procus

7 hours ago, flyerdog said:

oh for sure...and to their credit Reid's crew understood Trotter's value...after Ray Rhodes had called him "The most disappointing draft pick.."
It's just ironic that at one point our LBs were the envy of the league...coupled with a secondary of Dawk, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor...frankly with that defense it's a mystery why those teams never had greater success than they did

Because you had Donavan McNabb and not an overwhelming supporting cast of characters on offense but for Brian Westbrook.  Look what happened once DMac and TO got on the same page.

On 5/30/2021 at 11:06 AM, time2rock said:

Signing both Wilson and Wright in free agency?  That would surely seem to indicate they want to give Gannon whatever he needs to succeed which further seems to suggest a bit of a change in philosophy as it relates to priority placed on LB.  Somebody pinch me.  

Ehhhh. We’ve always made moves for older guys on the downswing. I surely hope you’re right and have been screaming for LBs for years, but I’ll believe it when I see priority draft picks/FAs. 

2 hours ago, Procus said:

Look what happened once DMac and TO got on the same page.

He tossed his cookies and lost us a SB?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Allhaildawk said:

Ehhhh. We’ve always made moves for older guys on the downswing. I surely hope you’re right and have been screaming for LBs for years, but I’ll believe it when I see priority draft picks/FAs. 

You can a lot of bang for the buck from some of those older guys on the downswing if you don't overuse them

6 minutes ago, Procus said:

You can a lot of bang for the buck from some of those older guys on the downswing if you don't overuse them

Sure. And you can watch Levon Kirkland and trott and spikes dragging ass all over the field too. 

11 hours ago, Allhaildawk said:

Sure. And you can watch Levon Kirkland and trott and spikes dragging ass all over the field too. 

I was speaking primarily of people like Chris Long, Dorsey Levens, Brian Mitchell.  And FWIW, Trott was the starting MLB for the SB.  Kirkland was an emergency signing

6 hours ago, Procus said:

I was speaking primarily of people like Chris Long, Dorsey Levens, Brian Mitchell.  And FWIW, Trott was the starting MLB for the SB.  Kirkland was an emergency signing

None of them are LBs. Yes, trott was on the SB team in his prime. Then stayed for years. Then went to the bucs. Then came back. Enough is enough. Just get me priority LBs. 

43 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

None of them are LBs. Yes, trott was on the SB team in his prime. Then stayed for years. Then went to the bucs. Then came back. Enough is enough. Just get me priority LBs. 

One would be nice, along with a CB - would round out the defense