Survivor 41 (No theme/subtitle)

VaBeach_Eagle

16 hours ago, homerpat said:

Hahahaha Liana asking for the idol. Jesus christ that is the dumbest crap i’ve ever seen on this show

also, damn. two idol plays change entire game. oh well. should be predictable next two weeks. 

Didn’t even need an idol play. Shan played her extra vote and it counted in the revote. Meaning if Xander used his extra vote on Evvie it would have been 3-3. On revote it would have been his 2 votes against Danny and deshawn meaning if Danny and Deshawn don’t join him against liana, liana Evvie are safe (as is Xander with his necklace) and Danny and deshawn are drawing rocks.  This was the first missed opportunity for Xander IMO.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Didn’t even need an idol play. Shan played her extra vote and it counted in the revote. Meaning if Xander used his extra vote on Evvie it would have been 3-3. On revote it would have been his 2 votes against Danny and deshawn meaning if Danny and Deshawn don’t join him against liana, liana Evvie are safe (as is Xander with his necklace) and Danny and deshawn are drawing rocks.  This was the first missed opportunity for Xander IMO.

When we watched it last night, neither one of us could figure out why she used the extra vote in that way.  I'm not sure if I wasn't paying attention and it was discussed at some point in the episode, but it did seem to us that she pissed it away...

I did laugh at whoever said it was the most high maintenance alliance on Survivor ever...  

On 11/19/2021 at 3:47 PM, Gern Blanston said:

When we watched it last night, neither one of us could figure out why she used the extra vote in that way.  I'm not sure if I wasn't paying attention and it was discussed at some point in the episode, but it did seem to us that she pissed it away...

I did laugh at whoever said it was the most high maintenance alliance on Survivor ever...  

They didn’t trust Erika and Heather so they played it safe. Let’s say hypothetically they put their votes on Naseer, Naseer votes for Heather like he planned, but Heather and Erika vote for Shan or Ricard. If Naseer plays the idol, The two votes against Shan or Ricard would be enough send one of them home (2-2-1). However, if they play their two on Naseer and an extra vote on Heather, if Erika and Heather defect it’s 2-2-2 meaning even if Naseer plays the idol, it’s a tie and on the revote Heather goes home. (Unless Naseer wises up and changes his vote).

What ultimately happens is the best case scenario. Naseer gets 3 votes, Heather gets three votes, if Naseer plays the idol Heather goes home, if Naseer doesn’t they vote him out on the revote when he no longer can play the idol. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

They didn’t trust Erika and Heather so they played it safe. Let’s say hypothetically they put their votes on Naseer, Naseer votes for Heather like he planned, but Heather and Erika vote for Shan or Ricard. If Naseer plays the idol, The two votes against Shan or Ricard would be enough send one of them home (2-2-1). However, if they play their two on Naseer and an extra vote on Heather, if Erika and Heather defect it’s 2-2-2 meaning even if Naseer plays the idol, it’s a tie and on the revote Heather goes home. (Unless Naseer wises up and changes his vote).

What ultimately happens is the best case scenario. Naseer gets 3 votes, Heather gets three votes, if Naseer plays the idol Heather goes home, if Naseer doesn’t they vote him out on the revote when he no longer can play the idol. 

LOL - That makes sense when I read it, but jeez, I'm 99% sure I'd majorly F up the math/probabilities if I was ever out there...

17 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

LOL - That makes sense when I read it, but jeez, I'm 99% sure I'd majorly F up the math/probabilities if I was ever out there...

Especially on like day 15 of limited to no food.  Within a week of limited food all my logic would fly out the window. 

• Like 1

I've been paying more attention to the Australian Survivor reruns on Prime :lol:

So much better.   These twists they're using this season are stupid. 

Liana might be the worst legend in her own mind ever. Should be decent ending if people start flipping and posturing. 

What do you think the odds are that Heather is dragged along to the Final 3, and is all but guaranteed to receive zero votes?  The fact that she is still there bothers me for some reason.  I guess I'm pulling for either Xander or Danny (despite being an ex-Cowboy).  I still don't like Ricard, but will admit he's played a strong game.  Keeping him around would be stupid, but do get why Xander wants him around...

On 12/1/2021 at 11:20 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I wanted to vomit watching tonight's episode.

I can't believe they went so deep into the wokeness this episode. At the same time I appreciated hearing from a couple of the black contestants on the hard reality of trying to do something for the culture but also trying to win for themselves, only because nobody on Big Brother/in the Cookout seemed to talk about that. They just cut off their allies one by one and the other house guests who weren't black just rolled with it, so that they wouldn't be crucified by the social media mob if they pressed the issue.

But yeah, BB had their season of this, and now Survivor is getting theirs. If this is going to turn into multiple seasons though they are gonna have a serious viewership issue.  

I at least appreciated Survivors more nuanced take on the issue, which is interesting because Survivor has not had the same problem as Big Brother has historically.  The fourth ever winner on the show was Vecepia, an African American woman. In fact, 8 of the shows winners are from people of color, 4 of which are African American.  Not saying that is an overwhelming success rate, as the scales still tilt towards white winners at a higher rate than population demographics.  However its certainly better than Big Brother’s history.  Survivor has also done a better job casting a more diverse cross section of our society (not just race, but professionally, income levels, location, etc.). Big Brother I understood why the cookout happened, I just hate what it did to the game. Here you have, in my opinion, what should happen. Players playing the game for themselves.  If they want to help others like themselves, more power to them. But the game comes first. 

On 12/3/2021 at 12:24 PM, hukdonfoniks said:

I've been paying more attention to the Australian Survivor reruns on Prime :lol:

So much better.   These twists they're using this season are stupid. 

It really is a lot better. Which seasons have you watched?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It really is a lot better. Which seasons have you watched?

4 and 5, currently at the pointy end of 6

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 9:45 PM, hukdonfoniks said:

4 and 5, currently at the pointy end of 6

I really have enjoyed their version. Even when some of the twists may seem excessive, they really aren't. 

I did think that it was a bit odd that they brought Russell Hantz in for that one season, though. He really wasn't needed and was just out of place.  

My order of preference/figuring...

Xander -  Least annoying, played a good game, slam dunk winner if he makes final vote.

Ricard - Annoying, but can acknowledge he played a great game, if Xander is gone its an easy layup.

<steep drop>

Nightmare upset scenario if Xander and Ricard are both knocked out...

Deshawn - I've gone back and forth on him, strongest game of the back 3, but think he's not well liked by the jury.

Erika - Submarine/stealth game, but don't think she has much of a resume, but against Deshawn has a chance...

Heather - every single one of the 4 above are dragging her to the final knowing she will not receive a vote.

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I really have enjoyed their version. Even when some of the twists may seem excessive, they really aren't. 

I did think that it was a bit odd that they brought Russell Hantz in for that one season, though. He really wasn't needed and was just out of place.  

Oh wow, I didn't know they brought Russell in. :lol: So far Paramount Plus only has seasons 4-6 available. 

They do such a better job of getting into the gameplay and showing all the twists and turns that lead up to the votes.  And their contestants are far more interesting than anyone on 41. 

14 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

My order of preference/figuring...

Xander -  Least annoying, played a good game, slam dunk winner if he makes final vote.

Ricard - Annoying, but can acknowledge he played a great game, if Xander is gone its an easy layup.

<steep drop>

Nightmare upset scenario if Xander and Ricard are both knocked out...

Deshawn - I've gone back and forth on him, strongest game of the back 3, but think he's not well liked by the jury.

Erika - Submarine/stealth game, but don't think she has much of a resume, but against Deshawn has a chance...

Heather - every single one of the 4 above are dragging her to the final knowing she will not receive a vote.

Yeah it's gotta be down to Xander or Ricard.  I'm kind of thinking Ricard would have the edge over Xander though - he pulled up the big move against Shan and even Xander himself said he's using Ricard as a shield.  The rest of them shouldn't sniff a vote.

Guess I could see Deshawn if he has a strong 4th quarter here (orchestrating getting rid of either/both Xander/Ricard. Then all the SJW overkill stuff fits a little nicer in the season too. He took out his alliance/culture but he ended up winning and everyone is happy. 

I honestly think it’s Ricards game to lose tonight. If he makes it to the end it’s a landslide even against Xander. Other than the epic fake idol pull, Xander has not really been a player in any of the votes.  I think Xander has a hard sell tonight if he makes the final spot.  Honestly, I think Erika has the second best odds based on how she maneuvered to get here tonight. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I honestly think it’s Ricards game to lose tonight. If he makes it to the end it’s a landslide even against Xander. Other than the epic fake idol pull, Xander has not really been a player in any of the votes.  I think Xander has a hard sell tonight if he makes the final spot.  Honestly, I think Erika has the second best odds based on how she maneuvered to get here tonight. 

Looks like you had a better grasp of things than I did because I expected Xander to win and was stunned he didn't even get a single vote.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 12:54 AM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Looks like you had a better grasp of things than I did because I expected Xander to win and was stunned he didn't even get a single vote.

Did Xander definitely not get a vote, or by the time it mattered in the vote reveal to show that it didnt matter and Erica already won? Not receiving a single vote is a little ridiculous, thought he presented his case very strongly. But also am not totally surprised to see Erica win. Would've felt a certain way if I were Xander though, seeing her kinda bask in the glory of winning as much as she was, when he could've pulled the rug out from under her and sent her to make fire which she was pretty **** at. 

• Like 1