Harold Carmichael

Bwestbrook36

I probably could of put this in TATE but anyways was at the hall of Fame today so these are for @VaBeach_Eagle

PXL_20210615_193036481.MP.jpg

PXL_20210615_192647176.jpg

PXL_20210615_192640549.jpg

PXL_20210615_192635124.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Met him at a hotel bar during the 2006 San Fran road trip.  Good dude :thumbsup:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, paco said:

Met him at a hotel bar during the 2006 San Fran road trip.  Good dude :thumbsup:

I'm on a road trip out to Cali hence the Niagara falls pics and the hall of Fame lol

Jaws to Carmichael is the first QB/WR duo in my memory. Harold has always been one of my all time favorite Eagles, ever since I was about 8 years old... which was only about 10 years ago :huh:

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Jaws to Carmichael is the first QB/WR duo in my memory. Harold has always been one of my all time favorite Eagles, ever since I was about 8 years old... which was only about 10 years ago :huh:

Lol, I remembered and how much you lobbied for him to get into the hall so I was happy to at least get you some photos. His bust wasn't there though for some reason. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol, I remembered and how much you lobbied for him to get into the hall so I was happy to at least get you some photos. His bust wasn't there though for some reason. 

That probably won't be there until they are officially enshrined (unless that's already happened and I didn't know it). 

Speaking of the Hall of Fame, I just went to their website and went to the Eagles page. I'd like to know when they plan to update it. The last event that they have for Eagles Franchise history is hiring Chip Kelly and him winning the division in his first year. 

That's been 8 years, 1 Super Bowl victory and 2 head coaches ago. Someone at the Hall of Fame needs to get on the ball...

Edwin! <_< 

16 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That probably won't be there until they are officially enshrined (unless that's already happened and I didn't know it). 

Speaking of the Hall of Fame, I just went to their website and went to the Eagles page. I'd like to know when they plan to update it. The last event that they have for Eagles Franchise history is hiring Chip Kelly and him winning the division in his first year. 

That's been 8 years, 1 Super Bowl victory and 2 head coaches ago. Someone at the Hall of Fame needs to get on the ball...

Edwin! <_< 

There was a couple of busts from that class but the enshrinement was cancelled for obvious reasons. So it looks like they are going to enshrine 2020 class August 7th and then the 2021 August 8th. 

The only eagles stuff they really had was Foles jersey for the super bowl and chuck bednarick. Then the locker room display for the players waiting for their enshrinement. 

4 hours ago, paco said:

And one helluva player too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, paco said:

harold was my first football hero. got his jersey as a kid (yeah the ones you ordered in sears' catalogue) ... met him in 1980 at training camp. he talked to me & my dad for a few minutes and really seemed like a nice guy. broke my heart when he went to dallas. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

harold was my first football hero. got his jersey as a kid (yeah the ones you ordered in sears' catalogue) ... met him in 1980 at training camp. he talked to me & my dad for a few minutes and really seemed like a nice guy. broke my heart when he went to dallas. 

He was washed up by then.  I think he only caught one pass with the Cowboys.  I do, however, remember that during Carmichael's heyday with the Eagles, Tom Landry did remark about what a weapon Harold was.

14 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

got his jersey as a kid (yeah the ones you ordered in sears' catalogue)

It was in a Sears catalog, probably around 1974 or 1975 (when I was 5 or 6), that I first spotted that green helmet with the cool looking wings. From that moment on, I was an Eagles fan... before I even knew I was an Eagles fan, I was an Eagles fan just because of that helmet in that Sears catalog. I'm 52 now and my older brothers still tease me to this day because I "picked my team out of a Sears catalog" lol 

Two of my brothers are Redskins fans, the other brother is a Raiders fan. The 1980's weren't really that much fun for me, what with the Redskins winning their Super Bowls and the Raiders beating the Eagles for one of theirs. 

• Like 2

Watching these Harold Carmichael videos on Youtube takes me back to when I was a kid and first started watching the team.  What great memories.

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It was in a Sears catalog, probably around 1974 or 1975 (when I was 5 or 6), that I first spotted that green helmet with the cool looking wings. From that moment on, I was an Eagles fan... before I even knew I was an Eagles fan, I was an Eagles fan just because of that helmet in that Sears catalog. I'm 52 now and my older brothers still tease me to this day because I "picked my team out of a Sears catalog" lol 

Two of my brothers are Redskins fans, the other brother is a Raiders fan. The 1980's weren't really that much fun for me, what with the Redskins winning their Super Bowls and the Raiders beating the Eagles for one of theirs. 

we both put harold way up there for all-times eagles. the other guy i still put up there with him and dawkins, is cunningham. sure there have been many other players i was a big fan of, but those three were it for me. 

how was that year the raiders played the skins ? 

4 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

we both put harold way up there for all-times eagles. the other guy i still put up there with him and dawkins, is cunningham. sure there have been many other players i was a big fan of, but those three were it for me. 

how was that year the raiders played the skins ? 

Harold, Jaws and Montgomery were really my first Eagles 'heroes'. One Christmas, one of my Redskin fan brothers bought me a Montgomery jersey, a few years later, he bought me a Mike Quick jersey... of course, I still have them but I was a teen when I got them, so neither fit me now lol.  

I watched Super Bowl XVIII with my Redskin Fans brothers (the brother who is a Raiders fan is 10 years older than me and was married by then), and they had essentially given up when Theismann threw that INT right before the half, the one where he was trying to hit Joe Washington out in the flats and Jack Squirek read the play perfectly and stepped in front of the pass and essentially walked into the endzone like he was on a Sunday stroll in the park. 

The year before that, the strike shortened 1982 season, Redskins fans who had season tickets, didn't think that they'd be good enough to make the playoffs so a large number of them declined their options for playoff tickets (if I'm remembering that right).  So when they did make the playoffs, they had a large number of tickets to sell to the public. So my brothers, my best friend (a Cowboys fan), and I went back to RFK Stadium after they beat the Vikings in the divisional round (a game that one of my brothers had bought us tickets for the previous week, so we were at that game), and we spent the night in line for NFC Championship tickets. 

Those two games (The divisional game vs the Vikings and the Championship game vs. the Cowboys), were the first two NFL games that I ever went to (I was 12, almost 13). One of the only plays that I really still remember, is when Danny White got knocked out and Gary Hogeboom replaced him for the rest of the game. Of course, the Redskins went on to beat the Dolphins in Super Bowl XVII. 

As big a rivalry as my brothers and I had while growing up (me being an Eagles fan and the two being Redskins fans), when the Eagles won Super Bowl LII, they were actively rooting for the Eagles and were really happy for me that I FINALLY got my Super Bowl (yes, it's MY Super Bowl! lol). So was my brother who is a Raiders fan. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Harold, Jaws and Montgomery were really my first Eagles 'heroes'. One Christmas, one of my Redskin fan brothers bought me a Montgomery jersey, a few years later, he bought me a Mike Quick jersey... of course, I still have them but I was a teen when I got them, so neither fit me now lol.  

I watched Super Bowl XVIII with my Redskin Fans brothers (the brother who is a Raiders fan is 10 years older than me and was married by then), and they had essentially given up when Theismann threw that INT right before the half, the one where he was trying to hit Joe Washington out in the flats and Jack Squirek read the play perfectly and stepped in front of the pass and essentially walked into the endzone like he was on a Sunday stroll in the park. 

The year before that, the strike shortened 1982 season, Redskins fans who had season tickets, didn't think that they'd be good enough to make the playoffs so a large number of them declined their options for playoff tickets (if I'm remembering that right).  So when they did make the playoffs, they had a large number of tickets to sell to the public. So my brothers, my best friend (a Cowboys fan), and I went back to RFK Stadium after they beat the Vikings in the divisional round (a game that one of my brothers had bought us tickets for the previous week, so we were at that game), and we spent the night in line for NFC Championship tickets. 

Those two games (The divisional game vs the Vikings and the Championship game vs. the Cowboys), were the first two NFL games that I ever went to (I was 12, almost 13). One of the only plays that I really still remember, is when Danny White got knocked out and Gary Hogeboom replaced him for the rest of the game. Of course, the Redskins went on to beat the Dolphins in Super Bowl XVII. 

As big a rivalry as my brothers and I had while growing up (me being an Eagles fan and the two being Redskins fans), when the Eagles won Super Bowl LII, they were actively rooting for the Eagles and were really happy for me that I FINALLY got my Super Bowl (yes, it's MY Super Bowl! lol). So was my brother who is a Raiders fan. 

i was sitting in section 721 with my dad. same age. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Who years later would go on to even more fame.

4 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Who years later would go on to even more fame.

The tribe has spoken!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The tribe has spoken!

Not only that, but wasn't he the first player to ever find a hidden immunity idol?

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Not only that, but wasn't he the first player to ever find a hidden immunity idol?

Yep, Guatemala was the first time they had the hidden immunity idol. He found and used it on the night that he was to get voted out. He was out searching for it when he spotted Judd, who had gotten a clue to it, searching up in trees. When Judd got the clue, he told everyone that the clue said that the idol was 'on the ground', so when Gary saw him looking up into the trees and up high, Gary put 2 and 2 together. 

They never showed Gary find it, they kept it a secret until he pulled it out at Tribal. But they made him play it before anyone voted, as opposed to having everyone vote for him, then he play it and all of the votes be voided. It would have been more fun if he got to play it and then the person that he voted for, went home. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2021 at 7:38 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's a shame you were too young to enjoy the 1973 duo of Gabriel to Carmichael.  It was special.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

It's a shame you were too young to enjoy the 1973 duo of Gabriel to Carmichael.  It was special.

Yeah, I was 4 in 1973 lol. 

I did enjoy Gabriel to Gilligan, though. 

Spoiler

s-l1600.jpg

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There's something missing in this thread... 

Lame!!! Wasn't even a friends video!