Buyers Remorse

Walkdawalk

So after 30 years of being an Eagles fan I took the plunge and bought my first ever current Eagles Jersey (which i usually am against) ..but Devonta Smith has me believing the hype...Im screwed aren't I? Paid over £100 for it off the Eagles website and already am questioning the decision. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Walkdawalk said:

So after 30 years of being an Eagles fan I took the plunge and bought my first ever current Eagles Jersey (which i usually am against) ..but Devonta Smith has me believing the hype...Im screwed aren't I? Paid over £100 for it off the Eagles website and already am questioning the decision. 

Way to ruin poor Devonta's career ya schmuck!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

I generally avoid buying jerseys for new players. I bought dawk and foles and was gifted a Westbrook and djax jersey (from when he was drafted). If I decide to get another it'll probably be kelce, or maybe celek if I can find one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greend said:

Way to ruin poor Devonta's career ya schmuck!!!!!!!!

Whoops

I wait until I at least see them play in the NFL, because college means nothing to me. But even if they are playing great at 1st when they arrive in the NFL, things can go south pretty quick. I bought a Wentz jersey when he was killing it, and look at how that turned out. Luckily, I bought a Foles jersey before that. 😆

I waited until he signed a massive extension to buy 2 Wentz jerseys (one white, one green). So...I'm smart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I waited until he signed a massive extension to buy 2 Wentz jerseys (one white, one green). So...I'm smart.

I usually wait for them to sign an extension off of their rookie contract too. Even that doesn't work out so well anymore

• Like 1

I'm not buying another damn eagles thing until Lowie gets this mess figured out.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Walkdawalk said:

He's going to be a star. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I usually wait for them to sign an extension off of their rookie contract too. Even that doesn't work out so well anymore

Going to just get a McNabb and a Cunningham. Call it a day.

5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Foles superbowl is the way to go

• Like 2

Just buy alumni jerseys. You can’t go wrong with a throwback Reggie White. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

Cunningham, yes. McNabb? I'd save the money and do what's said below, if they can be found anymore. If not, go with a 'legacy' jersey like Reggie, Jerome, Seth, Dawk or Reno. 

1 hour ago, greend said:

Foles superbowl is the way to go

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Cunningham, yes. McNabb? I'd save the money and do what's said below, if they can be found anymore. If not, go with a 'legacy' jersey like Reggie, Jerome, Seth, Dawk or Reno

Clearly the most important choice!

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Cunningham, yes. McNabb? I'd save the money and do what's said below, if they can be found anymore. If not, go with a 'legacy' jersey like Reggie, Jerome, Seth, Dawk or Reno. 

Reno wore #25 and #34 which one is better or should we get both?

5 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Reno wore #25 and #34 which one is better or should we get both?

34 ... The jersey number he wore in the Super Bowl. When in doubt, always go with a Super Bowl jersey... even a losing Super Bowl. 

Just go with team legends. That way you’ll never have buyer’s remorse.

Reggie, Jerome, Dawkins, Bednarik, Foles, etc.

NO REGRETS

10 hours ago, greend said:

I'm not buying another damn eagles thing until Lowie gets this mess figured out.

Who's Lowie? Howie's stunt double?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I know we are all supposed to hate the best QB in franchise history, but until he came along I didn’t realize we could win more than one playoff game a year (born in 1979). Plus, my dog is named McNabb. 

Get whatever jersey you like and I will do the same. 

44 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I know we are all supposed to hate the best QB in franchise history, but until he came along I didn’t realize we could win more than one playoff game a year (born in 1979). Plus, my dog is named McNabb.

I wouldn't say 'hate' him, but I also have never agreed that he was the best QB in franchise history. I don't think that's a thing that can be said because he never played under 1940's rules or 1970's rules. He was the best QB in franchise 1999-2009 history. I'll go along with that. 

As for winning and losing playoff games, those are team accomplishments/failures. I don't blame McNabb for losing XXXIX, I blame that entire team (when I'm not blaming the Patriots for cheating, or when I'm not blaming Edwin!! <_<). 

Like I've said (ever since it happened), I didn't want Andy to trade him when he did. In hindsight, though, I'm glad he did. Not because we 'got rid of him', but because that started a chain of events that led to the Philly Special.

For me, I began to dislike McNabb for other things.

44 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Get whatever jersey you like and I will do the same. 

Absolutely. That's why I said "I'd save the money..." as opposed to saying "You should save your money and get...", I was totally saying what I would (and did) do. 

For me, I will never buy a current players jersey unless that player wins us a Super Bowl. If I'm going to buy a jersey, it'll be one of my favorites from years gone by. Reggie would likely be the next one that I'd buy... though I would consider getting a Brandon Graham. One, because of the strip sack, but also because 55 was my number when I played in the CYO. 

I put in a bid for a few hundred dollars on a J.Hurts Impecable Autographed card and spent another five hundred on Eagle's breaks. 

I'm already starting to feel some remorse. 

On 6/18/2021 at 11:13 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Just buy alumni jerseys. You can’t go wrong with a throwback Reggie White. 

That's how I feel now. I have DJax, McCoy, and Wentz jerseys. All mostly worthless. Can't go wrong with a Reggie White or Dawkins.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

34 ... The jersey number he wore in the Super Bowl. When in doubt, always go with a Super Bowl jersey... even a losing Super Bowl. 

Sounds good I’ll see if there are any one eBay 

actually never owned a jersey closest I’ve come is I had a maclin T-shirt 

my man cave has white , brown , b dawk , jaws , quick , carmichael , byars , kieth jackson and allen