Going back to the theaters

BFit

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Even before pandemic and streaming, I only went to the movies for big visual spectacles.  I used to go to the movies a lot before having a kid.  No family here so if I'm paying for a baby sitter  and having to schedule that in advance it's only for basically a new Star Wars or Marvel movie.  There aren't any movies anymore that I have to see right away, it will hit streaming or digital rental in a couple months anyway.  I have HBO Max and I think I've only watched one of the movie theater streaming premiers once. I'd rather go out to live music or hang out with friends or do something more interactive.  We watch so much TV and movies at home, going out I like to not be looking at a screen.

I'm the same. I'll go for the the Marvel stuff or the latest big huge action movie. Or a movie one of my kids really needs to see right away.  Anything else I can wait for it to watch at home.

9 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Smashed as in you sat on them?

No

Depends on the movie, haven’t been in a long time & that’s not because of pandemic. Marvel movies are always must for me in theaters. I don’t like spending money on a movie when I don’t have a good idea if I’ll like it, I still regret spending money to watch suicide squad in theaters. 

Not even a fan of Black Widow as a character, not really excited for that movie either. But it’s a marvel movie so I’ll check it out in theaters. Main reason I’m gonna go see it in theaters I cause I’ve been dreaming of devouring a disgusting amount of movie theater popcorn.

On 7/8/2021 at 11:52 PM, BFit said:

Wow where do you live that it's still all masked up? I thought that all ended months ago

Yeah it's not in the States. I'm working in the Middle East and even though this place is one of the top ten most vaccinated countries in the world it's still crazy strict. Have to wear a mask everywhere while in public or it's equivalent to a $1,400USD fine. No more than 2 people are allowed to ride in a car together unless it's family. They have a contact tracing app that's mandatory to have on your phone and police/security guards check it to make sure you're status is green before they let you in anywhere (malls, grocery stores, cell phone shop, shawarma place, everywhere) I saw an article this weekend that the government here is finally going to allow tourists and family members of residents to enter the country at the end of this month. God bless the US and A.

12 hours ago, mr_irie1 said:

Yeah it's not in the States. I'm working in the Middle East and even though this place is one of the top ten most vaccinated countries in the world it's still crazy strict. Have to wear a mask everywhere while in public or it's equivalent to a $1,400USD fine. No more than 2 people are allowed to ride in a car together unless it's family. They have a contact tracing app that's mandatory to have on your phone and police/security guards check it to make sure you're status is green before they let you in anywhere (malls, grocery stores, cell phone shop, shawarma place, everywhere) I saw an article this weekend that the government here is finally going to allow tourists and family members of residents to enter the country at the end of this month. God bless the US and A.

I mean that part of the world has been making women cover their face for centuries so not too surprising the pro-mask 

• Haha 1

I love the movie theater experience from the popcorn to even the previews. I still won't watch movie previews on my phone I love seeing what's coming up next in the theater and getting hyped for more movies. Then finally seeing the movie you came for. 

I just love the theater