Which Eagle Can They Not Afford To Lose This Year

GroundAttack

Which Eagle can they not afford to lose?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which Eagle can they not afford to lose this year?

• Hurtz
    • Ertz
    • Sanders
    • Slay
    • Other

Wether it's from Covid or an injury which player can they not afford to lose this year. Within the last week we have heard that Ertz will make the effort to attend training camp. If Ertz does get traded in the meantime or goes down with an injury Goedert will be there and is reliable to take over and contribute. Sanders will be a big blow to the run game but I would have to go with Hurts. I honestly see 6 wins this year and don't expect to see much but all eyes will be on Hurts as he begins his full season as the starter. Slay's production hurts the defense when he's not in there. Lane Johnson as we have seen when he is not in the lineup shakes the whole line up and is not as productive with him in there. 

They can afford to lose all of them they aren't competing for anything this year. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Prime said:

I like egg sandwiches.

add some bacon and cheese and I'm with you

Was going to say Lane and/or Brooks but I think they'd just plug in Dickerson and Mailata/Dillard

Slay may actually be the biggest because who the hell is after him? Lol

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Was going to say Lane and/or Brooks but I think they'd just plug in Dickerson and Mailata/Dillard

Slay may actually be the biggest because who the hell is after him? Lol

Steven Nelson

13 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

Steven Nelson

He's CB2. How would he replace Slay?

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The same way all cb2’s replace cb1’s when cb1 goes down

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hurts:  not because of winning games but because they need to get a good evaluation on him, is he the future or not.

Second to that I would say Devonta Smith, again just to be able to evaluate him.  The WR group is lacking and it would be great to see what he can do in a full season.  Last year Reagor got hurt, Dillard the year before so you would like to be able to see your 1st round investment play.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Hurts:  not because of winning games but because they need to get a good evaluation on him, is he the future or not.

Second to that I would say Devonta Smith, again just to be able to evaluate him.  The WR group is lacking and it would be great to see what he can do in a full season.  Last year Reagor got hurt, Dillard the year before so you would like to be able to see your 1st round investment play.

Nah, to logical try again

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Someone has to step up when the 1 goes down

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They can afford to lose all of them they aren't competing for anything this year. 

This is how I see it, too. They’re not making the playoffs, so no one is overly important. Obviously, you never want to see anyone get hurt, though.

Has to be Hurts, only because this is a huge evaluation year for him. They cannot go into next offseason not knowing what they have. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree with not competing but I don’t think they can afford to lose this evaluation year for Hurts. They need to go into next offseason knowing for sure if they need to address the QB position. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I agree with not competing but I don’t think they can afford to lose this evaluation year for Hurts. They need to go into next offseason knowing for sure if they need to address the QB position. 

I think if Hurts is anything but, spectacular for a whole season they are taking a QB anyways. 

54 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think if Hurts is anything but, spectacular for a whole season they are taking a QB anyways. 

Got a horrible feeling you're probably right, Hurts having an average season will have Howie itching to turn those 3 picks into one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Got a horrible feeling you're probably right, Hurts having an average season will have Howie itching to turn those 3 picks into one.

It is even easier to sell when you can just say Nick wants his guy. 

• Like 1

To compete for the division or wild card? 

1) Hurts

2) Cox

3) Kelce

4) Lane

5) Slay

Not even sure why Ertz is listed in your poll. 

Lane Johnson. We he goes down the revolving door is open. Followed by
Brooks;
Kelce:
Hurts; and 
Cox.

They aren't competing for anything, so it doesn't matter who they lose.

For the future of the franchise, they can't afford to lose Mailata or Devonta Smith.  They need to play out this season and get better.  They are basically the only two players on the entire team that definitely need to have a future.

I mean look if they lose Hurts then that's season over... But even with Hurts we don't know what to expect from them and how good they could be. I actually went with Other because I think the answer to me is either Lane or Brooks. If Hurts is going to be even decent to good then he's going to need a good OL in front of him to protect him and give him a bit of time. If he gets that then he's got the platform to have a good year, if he doesn't then it isn't going to be pretty.

Should have put Kelce on there. A rookie QB with limited line adjustment experience and still question marks elsewhere along the line if he goes out this offense is totally screwed IMO.

Jake Elliott?

2 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Should have put Kelce on there. A rookie QB with limited line adjustment experience and still question marks elsewhere along the line if he goes out this offense is totally screwed IMO.

Yeah, that would suck. But I think Seumalo could slide over to Center, they have more experience on the line than you think because of the disaster that was last season... But if they're dealing with similar issues this season, Kelce is the guy you don't want to lose.