Buffalo Bills Moving to Texas

wrestlevessel

On 8/11/2021 at 11:18 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Wow. Umm...no he did not. It was Leonard Tose who agreed to move the team to Phoenix. It was a done deal. But the city of Philadelphia jumped in, and Braman bought the team. It was more of a situation where Braman SAVED the team from moving.

...knew the team was much, much more profitable in Philly, and really didn't care one bit about the team potentially moving.

fyp my friend.

Tose was desperate. He had huge gambling debts he needed to pay off. He was looking for anyway out. So I don't know how serious the move to Phoenix was. In the long run it wasn't going to solve his debt problem. There are other wild stories from that era, like a franchise swap with the Bills?

If the Eagles had left town, I believe a new franchise would have moved in quickly: Several teams: The Cardinals, Rams, Browns, others?... all were looking for a way out. The Philly market would not sit idle for long.

On 8/18/2021 at 2:06 PM, toolg said:

If it wasn't for COVID, I think the Bills would likely use Toronto as a destination, at least for negotiation tactics. But the Raptors and Blue Jays were forced to play in Florida and Buffalo, so it's not viable. Canada is off the table for now.

As a Canadian, that would be pretty cool. Eagles would still be my team but if philly came here to face TO.... 🥳

Wasnt it bon Jovi that wanted to move it to toronto and bills fans were burning his cds?

I would hate to see the Bills move because I'm a traditionalist. Looking at this from a pragmatic perspective, like most other "eastern" cities, Buffalo has been on the decline, population wise, since they were at their heigh in 1950. Most big cities in Texas, however, are booming. It makes sense to get in while they still can. 

I just wonder who most Bills fans will start supporting. Giants? Eagles? It would be hard for them to start supporting the Jets/Patriots/Steelers/Ohio teams after decades of intense rivalries. And I certainly don't know how many would follow them to Texas. I didn't even follow the Stars to Baltimore, and that wasn't even that far.