Buffalo Bills Moving to Texas

wrestlevessel

Just read some articles that the NFL wants to make Bills fans fun a new stadium or they will threaten to move them to Texas. I hope this doesn't happen. The Bills have a loyal fanbase.

I know the NFL wants the Bills to have a new stadium, but I am not seeing anything about forcing the team to move to Texas.

• Like 1

I did see something this morning about the bills wanting the taxpayer to fund their new stadium but there was no mention of Texas.

billionaires forcing the tax payers to pay their bills. 

the american way. 

• Like 4

There are rumors the Bills are eyeing a move to Austin, TX:

It may just be an empty threat; Negotiation tactics to get a new stadium.

15 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Just read some articles that the NFL wants to make Bills fans fun a new stadium or they will threaten to move them to Texas. I hope this doesn't happen. The Bills have a loyal fanbase.

I remember similar veiled threats from Tagliabue to the City of Philadelphia - and they worked.

Jerry doesn't want another NFL team in Texas, so it's not gonna happen, period...

• Like 1

San Antonio would likely be the city (just a guess). But I don't see it happening. Just the owners trying to create leverage where it likely doesn't and won't ever exist. 

I think that if they were serious and if it doesn't violate any kind of agreement between leagues, they'd move across the border to Canada. There's already a fanbase for them there. 

• Like 2

if this did happen, im wondering if true realignment happens.  and what it would look like.

There needs to be a rule where teams have to be ones to fund a stadium and can't threaten taxpayers and make them pay for a stadium.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:49 PM, echosam said:

Jerry doesn't want another NFL team in Texas, so it's not gonna happen, period...

Uh, Jerry has no say over that.  You probably are too young to remember Al Davis' move to LA, the Colts move from Baltimore to Indy or the Browns move to Baltimore.  The NFL does not need to approve a move.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:07 AM, gameshowfan91 said:

There needs to be a rule where teams have to be ones to fund a stadium and can't threaten taxpayers and make them pay for a stadium.

A "rule".  lol

On 8/5/2021 at 8:26 PM, Procus said:

The NFL does not need to approve a move.

I'm pretty sure they do.  They have to approve all purchases of franchises as well.

Why would they possibly allow an owner to move a team to Sioux City, or Branson? 

The NFL’s Constitution and Bylaws, in Article IV, Section 3, states:

No member club shall have the right to transfer its franchise or playing site to a different city, either within or outside its home territory, without prior approval by the affirmative vote of three-fourths of the existing member clubs of the League.

2 hours ago, Vee said:

I'm pretty sure they do.  They have to approve all purchases of franchises as well.

Why would they possibly allow an owner to move a team to Sioux City, or Branson? 

The NFL’s Constitution and Bylaws, in Article IV, Section 3, states:

No member club shall have the right to transfer its franchise or playing site to a different city, either within or outside its home territory, without prior approval by the affirmative vote of three-fourths of the existing member clubs of the League.

Where did you find that Vee?  When I did a search for NFL Constitution and Bylaws, I saw an Article IV, but no Sect. 3 and could not find that language.

https://pdfslide.net/documents/constitution-and-bylaws-national-football-league.html

13 hours ago, Procus said:

Where did you find that Vee?  When I did a search for NFL Constitution and Bylaws, I saw an Article IV, but no Sect. 3 and could not find that language.

https://pdfslide.net/documents/constitution-and-bylaws-national-football-league.html

Use the link you sent me, and scroll down to Article IV (4), Section (Paragraph) 3, or Paragraph 4.3

You guys make it sound like this is something new. Owners have been threatening to leave their town over a stadium for decades. Didn't Braman threaten to move the team to Arizona?

8 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

You guys make it sound like this is something new. Owners have been threatening to leave their town over a stadium for decades. Didn't Braman threaten to move the team to Arizona?

Wow. Umm...no he did not. It was Leonard Tose who agreed to move the team to Phoenix. It was a done deal. But the city of Philadelphia jumped in, and Braman bought the team. It was more of a situation where Braman SAVED the team from moving.

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Wow. Umm...no he did not. It was Leonard Tose who agreed to move the team to Phoenix. It was a done deal. But the city of Philadelphia jumped in, and Braman bought the team. It was more of a situation where Braman SAVED the team from moving.

Then saved them again by not resigning Reggie whites past his prime ass!! 

• Haha 1

The one New York team whose stadium is actually located in New York could potentially be moving to another state? 😂

The Bills are actually very competitive now; this would be a terrible move for them. If they were to do so, it would make more sense for them geographically to move north to Canada and be the NFL's version of the Toronto Raptors like @VaBeach_Eagle suggested.

If it wasn't for COVID, I think the Bills would likely use Toronto as a destination, at least for negotiation tactics. But the Raptors and Blue Jays were forced to play in Florida and Buffalo, so it's not viable. Canada is off the table for now.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:19 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

The one New York team whose stadium is actually located in New York could potentially be moving to another state? 😂

The Bills are actually very competitive now; this would be a terrible move for them. If they were to do so, it would make more sense for them geographically to move north to Canada and be the NFL's version of the Toronto Raptors like @VaBeach_Eagle suggested.

Why? Between Austin and SA they will fill that stadium every week. I mean DKR packs in 100k. Less taxes and they'd get a beautiful stadium that could host SB. I'd be out in a heartbeat.

I have to think Jerry Jones would vote against it, for one. After high school and college football, it's Cowboys territory. The Texans would lose some territory too.

San Antonio built the stadium in the 1990s to attract an NFL, and it didn't work. Something, or somebody is holding back expansion in Texas.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:19 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

billionaires forcing the tax payers to pay their bills. 

the american way. 

It's more like:

Billionaires greasing the palms of politicians, who in turn force the taxpayers to pay for stadiums.