Giants once again off to a good start

NOTW

Vegas doesn't seem to believe Daboll, they got Eagles -13.5.  Honestly if I'm the GMen Im playing the Eagles hard.  You know you aren't winning the SB, so take 2 shots against Eagles and Vikes to go out with a signature playoff quality win.

10 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Vegas doesn't seem to believe Daboll, they got Eagles -13.5.  Honestly if I'm the GMen Im playing the Eagles hard.  You know you aren't winning the SB, so take 2 shots against Eagles and Vikes to go out with a signature playoff quality win.

Why take a big, meaningless swing at the Eagles when they have a legitimate shot at beating the Vikings in round 1. They beat us at the buzzer and now we get three key defenders back - McKinney, Adoree Jackson and Ojulari. We would get the Eagles in round 2 (assuming SF takes care of business), coming in hot and everyone knows how hard it is to beat a division rival 3 times in 1 season, especially when you consider we have the best QB in the NFC East. 😈

On the other hand, we played the starters in 07 and took the undefeated Pats to the limit. It gave the team confidence and jumpstarted the playoff run. 

Tough call. 

Leo Williams, Ojulari and Adoree Jackson already declared out for tomorrow. I’m sure they’ll be more. We’re resting anyone with even a minor ailment. 

On 1/3/2023 at 7:44 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah I am sure the Giants are sitting around thinking that :rolleyes:

On 1/3/2023 at 7:44 AM, dawkins4prez said:

The host on WFAN last night was an extremely cocky NY Giant fan. He was saying no one in the NFC scares him except maybe the 49ers and even them he made fun of them saying the QB he sucks. He then went on to call Dallas easy and a bad prime time team. Aren't the Giants **** in Prime Time unless they play the Redskins and the Cowboys have owned the Giants for a decade losing to them like once. Come on man. I hate how cocky and annoying Giant fans get. Hopefully we beat them and Vikings upset them next week.

2 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

The host on WFAN last night was an extremely cocky NY Giant fan. He was saying no one in the NFC scares him except maybe the 49ers and even them he made fun of them saying the QB he sucks. He then went on to call Dallas easy and a bad prime time team. Aren't the Giants **** in Prime Time unless they play the Redskins and the Cowboys have owned the Giants for a decade losing to them like once. Come on man. I hate how cocky and annoying Giant fans get. Hopefully we beat them and Vikings upset them next week.

First off, you’re lying, haha. Second, the Giants beating the Vikes would be the upset, not the other way around. 

3 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

At thos point, this shtick literally just makes you look retarded.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

First off, you’re lying, haha. Second, the Giants beating the Vikes would be the upset, not the other way around. 

I'm not lying. Go on audacy and listen to the host around 1:15 am.

22 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

I'm not lying. Go on audacy and listen to the host around 1:15 am.

If the Giants had beat us by 30 yesterday, the Vikings would still be favored this week.

On 1/11/2023 at 12:09 PM, BKLYNYG said:

The Eagles are the only team to give up a TD to Kenny G. Congrats. 😄

The Giants are the team that paid him though.

6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Thanks dude. Honestly expected a win today. Next week will be a completely different game. 

I did too, I had no faith (not that I wanted any) in the Vikings. They looked like pretenders to me. Very beatable. 

Yes, next week will be a different game, but it's a divisional game and anything can happen in divisional games. In my dream scenario (which may be yours too, just with different outcomes), the Eagles beat the Giants next week, the Cowboys in the NFCCG and the Bills in the Super Bowl (completing the Bills journey through the NFC East in Super Bowls).

But I'd be a wreck until those games were won by the Eagles. More so, because they'd be vs. divisional foes. 

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

... and the Bills in the Super Bowl (completing the Bills journey through the NFC East in Super Bowls).

Just to be clear on this... this isn't a new thought just because the Bills are in the playoffs.

From August 30th:

The thread has been archived, so I can't quote it directly but here it is:

August 30.PNG

If this prediction actually comes true... I want something! I don't know what, but I want something... maybe a Super Bowl ring and multiple lifetime luxury suites at the Linc that can be rotated between EMB members... for starters! lol

I’m not loving this playoff schedule. Giants played yesterday so they should play again next Sunday not on short rest against a team that’s been off for two weeks. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m not loving this playoff schedule. Giants played yesterday so they should play again next Sunday not on short rest against a team that’s been off for two weeks. 

The league’s hands are kind of tied now that they put a game on Monday night. They can’t make the winner of Dallas/Tampa play on Saturday, and it’s only one game per conference each day.  So their choices are two teams play on 6 days rest, or one plays on 5 days rest. 

I have no idea why they didn’t just have three games this past Saturday instead of two. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, nipples said:

The league’s hands are kind of tied now that they put a game on Monday night. They can’t make the winner of Dallas/Tampa play on Saturday, and it’s only one game per conference each day.  So their choices are two teams play on 6 days rest, or one plays on 5 days rest. 

I have no idea why they didn’t just have three games this past Saturday instead of two. 

Oh we know why they did it. 💰 

Its nice to be the 1 seed but its completely unfair.

You get the only bye with that extra rest

You get short(er) rest opponents in both games if you win the first.  (Sat to Sun vs Sun to Sun for the NFCCG)

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its nice to be the 1 seed but its completely unfair.

You get the only bye with that extra rest

You get short(er) rest opponents in both games if you win the first.  (Sat to Sun vs Sun to Sun for the NFCCG)

How is it "unfair?” Getting the #1 seed SHOULD provide a big advantage. That’s the whole point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

How is it "unfair?” Getting the #1 seed SHOULD provide a big advantage. That’s the whole point. 

Its based on a 1 game difference or a tiebreaker and its often based on playing in a weak division (not this year)

It was more fair when 2 teams had a bye and there was no MNF BS.