Giants once again off to a good start

NOTW

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Its based on a 1 game difference or a tiebreaker and its often based on playing in a weak division (not this year)

It was more fair when 2 teams had a bye and there was no MNF BS.

Eh, I like that the 1 seed gets as much of an advantage as they do. Makes every regular season game that much more meaningful

6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m not loving this playoff schedule. Giants played yesterday so they should play again next Sunday not on short rest against a team that’s been off for two weeks. 

• Haha 1

Really good season, but clearly outmatched today. That Eagles OL is next level and the additions Philly made in the offseason tipped the scales dramatically. Time to gear up for FA and the draft. ✌️

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 12:31 PM, wrestlevessel said:

The host on WFAN last night was an extremely cocky NY Giant fan. He was saying no one in the NFC scares him except maybe the 49ers and even them he made fun of them saying the QB he sucks. He then went on to call Dallas easy and a bad prime time team. Aren't the Giants **** in Prime Time unless they play the Redskins and the Cowboys have owned the Giants for a decade losing to them like once. Come on man. I hate how cocky and annoying Giant fans get. Hopefully we beat them and Vikings upset them next week.

And nothing, you not a man. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Really good season, but clearly outmatched today. That Eagles OL is next level and the additions Philly made in the offseason tipped the scales dramatically. Time to gear up for FA and the draft. ✌️

The Giants and Giant fans, have reason to be disappointed in the loss, but just as much reason to be pleased with the season as a whole. They had a better season than I expected and got further into the post season than I'd have expected too. 

I just hope (HOPE, HOPE) that Giants fans have reason to be EXTREMELY pissed off in 3 weeks... :whistle: :Eagle_smiley: :LII:

• Like 3

I think deep down, even the most confident Giant fans had to know they didn’t have much of a shot at winning this game. There’s just too much of a talent gap. It was still a nice season considering where they were at this time last year, but there’s still a lot of roster building that needs to be done before they’re ready to actually compete for a Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

Biggest NFL playoff win over a division opponent since the NFL merger. And we have "fans" who were scared to play them lmao.

53 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Biggest NFL playoff win over a division opponent since the NFL merger. And we have "fans" who were scared to play them lmao.

Where is @wrestlevessel does he only show up when the giants win?? Odd behavior

The Eagles ran for 656 yards vs NY this season. It's the most rushing yards a team has ever had against another team in a single season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

I'm not one who was 'scared', but anything can happen in a divisional game. The worst can beat the best. So if some were a little concerned, I could understand. 

At the outset I was worried about the whole beating a team 3 times thing, but as the week wore on the Giants' pretty awful analytics rankings on the oline and defense had me mighty confident by kickoff.

30 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm not one who was 'scared', but anything can happen in a divisional game. The worst can beat the best. So if some were a little concerned, I could understand. 

Yeah, that's not what I'm talking about in this case lmao.

17 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

At the outset I was worried about the whole beating a team 3 times thing, but as the week wore on the Giants' pretty awful analytics rankings on the oline and defense had me mighty confident by kickoff.

That's not true anyway

Just now, Boogyman said:

Yeah, that's not what I'm talking about in this case lmao.

For me, I learned at an early age to hate playing divisional rivals. This harkens back to the late 70's through early (to late) 80's when I was living in a home with my Redskin fan brothers and the Redskins were winning Super Bowls while the Eagles weren't even winning Wildcard playoff games.  

Of course, over the years with the Eagles rising to dominate the NFC East (over the course of a couple of decades), I've mellowed from that 'anxiety', but I'll forever have the feeling that anything can happen in a divisional game. lol

14 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

For me, I learned at an early age to hate playing divisional rivals. This harkens back to the late 70's through early (to late) 80's when I was living in a home with my Redskin fan brothers and the Redskins were winning Super Bowls while the Eagles weren't even winning Wildcard playoff games.  

Of course, over the years with the Eagles rising to dominate the NFC East (over the course of a couple of decades), I've mellowed from that 'anxiety', but I'll forever have the feeling that anything can happen in a divisional game. lol

I always get bad feelings right before every single game lol, but I tend to think mostly be positive and I'm probably more optimistic than most fans.

Just now, Boogyman said:

I always get bad feelings right before every single game lol, but I tend to think mostly be positive and I'm probably more optimistic than most fans.

Often times, I'm the same way. But there have been a few seasons where a strange calm comes over me. 2004 was the first time. 2017 was the second time. 2022... well, I've rarely worried about a game this season (if at all). 

• Like 1

That win felt great. After hearing all week how the Giants would punch us in the mouth, I'm glad we did it to them and blew them out from the start.

9 hours ago, nipples said:

I think deep down, even the most confident Giant fans had to know they didn’t have much of a shot at winning this game. There’s just too much of a talent gap. It was still a nice season considering where they were at this time last year, but there’s still a lot of roster building that needs to be done before they’re ready to actually compete for a Super Bowl. 

I think this Giants team compares favorably to last years Eagles team. Similar number of wins, similar numbers for Jones and Hurts. The Eagles took this huge leap because your GM absolutely crushed FA and the trade market. I’m not sure any team can be expected to acquire that many impact players in one offseason. Add to that great health and you get a dominant season. I’m just hoping the Giants fill some gaps and continue to build the right way. 

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

So, does Nickels get the 2nd contract or not?

Of course he gets a second contract. He’s a good QB and will be even better with a revamped receiving corps. Is there a better option out there? 

On 1/22/2023 at 5:28 PM, BKLYNYG said:

I think this Giants team compares favorably to last years Eagles team. Similar number of wins, similar numbers for Jones and Hurts. The Eagles took this huge leap because your GM absolutely crushed FA and the trade market. I’m not sure any team can be expected to acquire that many impact players in one offseason. Add to that great health and you get a dominant season. I’m just hoping the Giants fill some gaps and continue to build the right way. 

Of course he gets a second contract. He’s a good QB and will be even better with a revamped receiving corps. Is there a better option out there? 

NY has all the incentive to re-sign him with the negotiating leverage the team has.  Having a top shelf QB can be a double edged sword in today's NFL.  You need to pay the guy when his rookie contract expires.

The Giants have the luxury of signing Danny Dimes to a short term prove it deal with a more modest salary and incentives built in.  They can minimize the cap impact where other teams like the Eagles will have some maneuvering to do to get the cap squared away.  Once the mess that Gettlemen left is cleaned up, the Giants can position themselves to lock up a premiere QB.  Jones' situation actually gives the Giants that luxury.

On 5/29/2022 at 8:02 AM, hputenis said:

... her and her stupid friend wear gigantic mom butt jeans but they have about 87 holes in them...

If you wanted my attention, you have it sir

• Haha 1