Eagles restructure Johnson and Barnett contracts

Hawkeye

On 8/7/2021 at 1:30 PM, Talonblood said:

Deshaun will need all that $$ and more, for his ongoing legal battles that will haunt him the rest of his life. No thanks.

Every time I read the Eagles are still in on this dude I cringe. I just hope it’s more of the same where the Eagles are involved, but never get the player talk. This might be one of the few times where I hope the Eagles don’t get the player. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 10:43 AM, pallidrone said:

There is nothing to defend because the cap doesn't matter.

The funny thing is we are all so worried about the cap, but it seems like every player who is available for trade is linked to the Eagles. 😂 I just saw the Eagles linked to Thomas from the Saints, Rodgers next season, and Watson still this year. How can a team with so many cap issues be connected to all these players that want big money? 

44 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Every time I read the Eagles are still in on this dude I cringe. I just hope it’s more of the same where the Eagles are involved, but never get the player talk. This might be one of the few times where I hope the Eagles don’t get the player. 

I doubt he is going anywhere now. The Texas federal government is now looking to press charges against him. He is done for a long long time. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I doubt he is going anywhere now. The Texas federal government is now looking to press charges against him. He is done for a long long time. 

If the government is looking to press charges then it’s about to get real. The Texans will be lucky to get a tasty cake for him instead of the three firsts they were demanding. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If the government is looking to press charges then it’s about to get real. The Texans will be lucky to get a tasty cake for him instead of the three firsts they were demanding. 

Yes they are looking to charge him for human trafficking. Lol 

https://www.complex.com/sports/human-trafficking-unit-issuing-subpoenas-deshaun-watson-investigation

I may have read the article wrong, let me know if I read that wrong

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes they are looking to charge him for human trafficking. Lol 

https://www.complex.com/sports/human-trafficking-unit-issuing-subpoenas-deshaun-watson-investigation

I may have read the article wrong, let me know if I read that wrong

It all seems a little vague. I mean I don’t see how they could get a human trafficking charge out of this. Clearly there are possible sexual misconduct and possible sexual assault charges here. I think the most interesting point here is he’s not denying interactions with these woman and he’s claiming the acts to be consensual. That to me is a big red flag especially with the reports of 10 possible criminal charges. This isn’t a guy I want leading the Eagles even if he’s found innocent. 

[“Why are you all always filming me every day? It’s the same s***,” Watson said to reporters as he left the field Thursday.]

https://sports.yahoo.com/a-grand-jury-investigation-has-been-launched-into-complaints-against-deshaun-watson-232207245.html

I don’t think this guy gets it, has no remorse for his actions, and is an overall bad guy. The Eagles need to stay away.   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It all seems a little vague. I mean I don’t see how they could get a human trafficking charge out of this. Clearly there are possible sexual misconduct and possible sexual assault charges here. I think the most interesting point here is he’s not denying interactions with these woman and he’s claiming the acts to be consensual. That to me is a big red flag especially with the reports of 10 possible criminal charges. This isn’t a guy I want leading the Eagles even if he’s found innocent. 

[“Why are you all always filming me every day? It’s the same s***,” Watson said to reporters as he left the field Thursday.]

https://sports.yahoo.com/a-grand-jury-investigation-has-been-launched-into-complaints-against-deshaun-watson-232207245.html

I don’t think this guy gets it, has no remorse for his actions, and is an overall bad guy. The Eagles need to stay away.   

I'm sure it's a combinations of his ego, stature and lawyer that are keeping him in check for now. He can't stay this calm and collected forever. The interaction with the reporter could be the first sign of him becoming a little unraveled.

Especially since he now he will be playing for the Texans if he does play this year. 

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm sure it's a combinations of his ego, stature and lawyer that are keeping him in check for now. He can't stay this calm and collected forever. The interaction with the reporter could be the first sign of him becoming a little unraveled.

Especially since he now he will be playing for the Texans if he does play this year. 

From. The article I read it seems like the Texans are basically telling him he will not participate unless he changes his stance on playing for him or he gets traded. Overall it seems like a mess based on some real trivial stuff. I don’t see how the Eagles would even want this guy in their locker room. Not to mention what a creep he seems like off the field.

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

From. The article I read it seems like the Texans are basically telling him he will not participate unless he changes his stance on playing for him or he gets traded. Overall it seems like a mess based on some real trivial stuff. I don’t see how the Eagles would even want this guy in their locker room. Not to mention what a creep he seems like off the field.

I guess the Texans paid him so might as well play if he can get his act together. Even still I'm not sure how they even want him at this point

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The funny thing is we are all so worried about the cap, but it seems like every player who is available for trade is linked to the Eagles. 😂 I just saw the Eagles linked to Thomas from the Saints, Rodgers next season, and Watson still this year. How can a team with so many cap issues be connected to all these players that want big money? 

Exactly!

This is not 2001 where teams had no clue on how to manipulate the cap and contracts properly which forced them to let go of good players. Every team has a person now that is really good at adjusting contracts and predicting how current and future cap consequences will lay out.

The only people concerned about the cap are the fans because either they still think it is the early 2000s or they think it operates like their personal finances.

2 hours ago, pallidrone said:

Exactly!

This is not 2001 where teams had no clue on how to manipulate the cap and contracts properly which forced them to let go of good players. Every team has a person now that is really good at adjusting contracts and predicting how current and future cap consequences will lay out.

The only people concerned about the cap are the fans because either they still think it is the early 2000s or they think it operates like their personal finances.

Honestly Howie can’t win in this area regardless. If he goes back to the old days like Joe Banner they will complain that he is too cheap and we are losing out on players. Now they say we are like the Cowboys and too meddlesome. There is no win/win here, but I am more concerned about the players Howie chooses than the cap. If the Eagles are going to be one of the teams with the worst cap space then it wouldn’t feel as bad if the also had one of the better league rosters.