Ben Simmons or Carson Wentz?

philafan4o8

Who will be remembered in a more positive light during their time in Philly? Ben Simmons or Carson Wentz?

Ben Simmons is going to be done in Philly and I think us fans are done with him as well.

I would say Wentz will be looked at in a more positive light. Lol this is a tough one for me

Wentz. Wentz wanted to be the best and worked hard. He had his flaws and issues. And injuries along the way. Ben imo just doesn’t want to be greater and wasting his talent. Legitimately i think Ben could be a top 10 player in the entire nba if he decided to learn to shoot a basketball. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wentz. Wentz wanted to be the best and worked hard. He had his flaws and issues. And injuries along the way. Ben imo just doesn’t want to be greater and wasting his talent. Legitimately i think Ben could be a top 10 player in the entire nba if he decided to learn to shoot a basketball. 

Did he though? Reports are that he was lazy AF and was typically the last in the building and the first to leave most of the time. The reason Wentz was historically bad last year was because his mechanics were all screwed up. The coaches tried to work with him to fix his issues, Wentz thinks he knows better. He got our super bowl winning coach fired. Pretty much the same personality type for both of them. Lazy, entitled, and like the lifestyle of being a pro athlete more than working to improve. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Did he though? Reports are that he was lazy AF and was typically the last in the building and the first to leave most of the time. The reason Wentz was historically bad last year was because his mechanics were all screwed up. The coaches tried to work with him to fix his issues, Wentz thinks he knows better. He got our super bowl winning coach fired. Pretty much the same personality type for both of them. Lazy, entitled, and like the lifestyle of being a pro athlete more than working to improve. 

That would be news to me cause i haven’t seen that actually reported. I might have missed that but i listen to a ton of podcasts, interviews and read a ton of articles never heard that. Heard he was difficult to deal with in terms of coaching. Lazy though? Not seen that. Other issues for sure he has. Stubborn more than lazy in terms of his mechanics. However before last year his completion percentage increased and got better from where he was his first two years. That was an issue people had with him as a rookie and even his mvp type year.  There’s other tweets re-iterate this sentiment  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Neither both **** 

For all of his flaws Wentz played his *** off the SB year and got them the BYE. If he wasn't here they wouldn't have won so I'll appreciate him for that. Glad he is gone now though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

That's interesting because I remember stories about Sudfeld getting donuts or something on the way in for a 5 AM QB meeting the SB year. Thought there were stories about his memory and how hard he worked his first few as well. Guess that changed after the SB or maybe his true colors came out? 

Wentz only because he was an MVP candidate (still should have won) for a championship team. I'm still curious what got him to leave, if it really was Hurts then he can go screw. If it was something else I wonder what it could've been, wasn't Doug cause they fired him and wentz still left.

8 minutes ago, devpool said:

Wentz only because he was an MVP candidate (still should have won) for a championship team. I'm still curious what got him to leave, if it really was Hurts then he can go screw. If it was something else I wonder what it could've been, wasn't Doug cause they fired him and wentz still left.

That’s the theory. However I’m not so sure the Eagles wanted doug back anyway. It’s not like the eagles were super high on him before he won the SB. They had concerns with his offense even after they won the super bowl and forced things on him. They were contemplating firing him after his first season. I don’t think wentz loved doug either part of that but i do think it’s convenient for the eagles to try and shift all blame on the guy no longer here and make him the villain then peopke still in that front office that have since 2018 made numerous mistakes and decisions. Wentz isn’t innocent either. He’s got a list of issues too. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That would be news to me cause i haven’t seen that actually reported. I might have missed that but i listen to a ton of podcasts, interviews and read a ton of articles never heard that. Heard he was difficult to deal with in terms of coaching. Lazy though? Not seen that. Other issues for sure he has. Stubborn more than lazy in terms of his mechanics. However before last year his completion percentage increased and got better from where he was his first two years. That was an issue people had with him as a rookie and even his mvp type year.  There’s other tweets re-iterate this sentiment  

It was scandrick who said he was the last one in and first to leave most of the time, but Pederson made a remark about him not listening to the coaches regarding his mechanics in his rookie year when he regressed late in the season. Just as a football fan I can see his mechanics are ish and didn’t get any better, so I tend to believe Pederson. His poor practice habits were written about quite a bit. I also believe Alshon and whoever else about his selfishness after he whined his way out of town because they drafted Hurts. Could all of those things be wrong? I guess. Just like People like TJ McConnel saying Ben Simmons is a tireless worker could be right and we are wrong about him. Over the years I’ve seen a body of work on Ben and Carson and they come off as pretty much the same kind of dude. I guess Wentz does more charity work so there’s that. 

18 minutes ago, Gannan said:

It was scandrick who said he was the last one in and first to leave most of the time, but Pederson made a remark about him not listening to the coaches regarding his mechanics in his rookie year when he regressed late in the season. Just as a football fan I can see his mechanics are ish and didn’t get any better, so I tend to believe Pederson. His poor practice habits were written about quite a bit. I also believe Alshon and whoever else about his selfishness after he whined his way out of town because they drafted Hurts. Could all of those things be wrong? I guess. Just like People like TJ McConnel saying Ben Simmons is a tireless worker could be right and we are wrong about him. Over the years I’ve seen a body of work on Ben and Carson and they come off as pretty much the same kind of dude. I guess Wentz does more charity work so there’s that. 

Again none of your points went to him being lazy. not listening to coaches is not lazy. That’s uncoachable. Those are two different things you could be uncoachable but still work your ass off every day trying to get better at something because you think you know more than what your coaches are that are telling you that.  You can be lazy but listen to coaches but not work hard and suck at it.

Yeah I’m gonna believe 100% what Scandrick says meanwhile he also said something completely idiotic and a bold face lie that Malcolm Jenkins completely blew his ass out of the water. I’m sorry I’m not gonna take Scandrick at 100% truther. meanwhile people inside the Eagles organization also put out that his work ethic and hard working was not the issue with Carson Wentz. So because you want to bash on Carson Wentz cause he’s not here anymore you’re gonna believe Alshon Jeffery, and Scandrick over guys Jason Kelce, lane Johnson, Jason peters and people from inside the organization. 

Also show me where Doug said he was lazy and didn’t work hard? You’re not gonna find it because he never said that. So he didn’t improve his completion percentage? 2016-2017 completion percentage was a combined 61.5%  meanwhile the next two years he was at 65.4% with bad WRs whereas 2017 he had his best and was at 62%.   

Yes he must be lazy cause he wanted to leave a dysfunctional organization that continues to draft poorly and hand out bad extensions or restructures. And leaks crap every time they move on from someone where they want to look in a better light for doing so. So if he goes to the Colts and winds up being good again does that mean he’s not lazy anymore? 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Again none of your points went to him being lazy. not listening to coaches is not lazy. That’s uncoachable. Those are two different things you could be uncomfortable but still work your ass off every day trying to get better at something because you think you know more than what your coaches are that are telling you that.  You can be lazy but listen to coaches work hard at it and suck at it.

Yeah I’m gonna believe 100% what Scandrick says meanwhile he also said something completely idiotic and a bold face lie that Malcolm Jenkins completely blew his ass out of the water. I’m sorry I’m not gonna take Scandrick at 100% truther. meanwhile people inside the Eagles organization also put out that his work ethic and hard working was not the issue with Carson Wentz. 

Yes he must be lazy cause he wanted to leave a dysfunctional organization that continues to draft poorly and hand out bad extensions. So if he goes to the cold and winds up being good again does that mean he’s not lazy anymore?

Last year he was statistically one of the worst starting quarterbacks to ever play in the NFL. So no I’m not entertaining the fantasy that he’s going to ever be "good again”. He played 12 good games one year. He’s arguably more overrated than Simmons for how little he’s actually accomplished. If you want to go with uncoachable selfish a hole instead, be my guest. If he didn’t want to be here, he shouldn’t have signed the extension with the eagles and took the money. F him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gannan said:

Last year he was statistically one of the worst starting quarterbacks to ever play in the NFL. So no I’m not entertaining the fantasy that he’s going to ever be "good again”. He played 12 good games one year. He’s arguably more overrated than Simmons for how little he’s actually accomplished. If you want to go with uncoachable selfish a hole instead, be my guest. If he didn’t want to be here, he shouldn’t have signed the extension with the eagles and took the money. F him. 

Well that’s not lazy.  Can call him whatever names you want. but lazy is not one of them especially because doug, howie and lurie all have said in the past he was a hard worker and has a great work ethic. Meanwhile more trustworthy guys like Kelce, lane (who loves hurts), Graham and others have all said he works his ass off.

So at that point in time he did want to be here. In 2019 he wanted to be here.  So things and circumstances don’t change over the course of time? So if you married your girlfriend at that point time you wanted to be with her. Meanwhile a year later she cheats on you during the marriage. with your logic you shouldn’t have married her if you didn’t want to be married to her then. Things happen and things change. Could he have handled it better? Of Fing course. no one saying he handled that properly or that how he went about it was correct  

you might hate him. I don’t. Do i have issues with some of the things that happened? Yeah i definitely do. However I can totally see it from his point of view with this organization. besides 2017 the eagles have been a dysfunctional organization for much of the last decade. In 2011 had the dream team that became fools gold and finished 8-8. Also during banner and howie had a power struggle. In 2012 howie and reid had a power struggle along with Reid’s off the field. In 2013 solid season. 2014 dysfunction reared it’s head as the rift between chip ans howie started. Also had Riley cooper’s race incident. Also desean being in a "gang”. 2015 put howie in the corner and allowed chip to ruin the team. 2016 coaching hiring process was a mess. They were lucky the giants saved them from mcadoo. Before the 2017 season wanted to fire reich and replace doug. Won a super bowl. In 2018, had Bennett come on and bad mouthed him when he left except for doug and the players didn’t. Misdiagnosed wentz’s back issue. 2019 gave a declining player in malik jackson a bad contract. Restructured alshon’s contract (horrible). Relying on desean at 33. And then theres 2020 with more than just wentz. There’s a lot of crap out there with lurie and howie as well. Without that super bowl season the eagles are 78-81-1 for the rest of the decade. Without that super bowl year, the 2010s were basically looking like a decade of pretty much mediocre football with just 1 other playoff victory and more dysfunctional nonsense then great times

I hope hurts works out for the eagles. i see him at max a top 15 QB. However like wentz he’s going to deal with that dysfunctional organization. Heck kind of already has as the eagles smitten with a QB with 22 allegations and 12 criminal cases against him. And pissed away nearly 50 mil in cap in 2022 to now $3mil cap

trust me I have a lot of things I would bring up to Carson Wentz about his performance, his play, his sloppy mechanics and the exit out of Philly. However I have a much bigger problem with ben because I know that dude isn’t working hard.  he’s poolside every day partying with his boys and has actually completely regressed every season in the league besides defense. Furthermore he doesn’t even care to get better. Because that’s all you ever hear out of his mouth is he’s good enough as is. I’d be willing to bet after Carson Wentz worse season as a pro he probably worked to get back to where he feels he can (whether he can or not is a different story). meanwhile Ben has a horrific playoffs and doesn’t care, ignores the teams, posts stupid videos of the same thing as in the past and plays victim like the 76ers treated him horribly. Ben Simmons is the definition of great god given ability but wasting it by being lazy and not caring if he’s great. 

5 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Better question: Will Ben Simmons become the all-time heel?

He hasn’t left yet and it feels like he is. Lol 

On 8/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Who will be remembered in a more positive light during their time in Philly? Ben Simmons or Carson Wentz?

Ben Simmons is going to be done in Philly and I think us fans are done with him as well.

I would say Wentz will be looked at in a more positive light. Lol this is a tough one for me

I don't think it's that tough. Wentz despite all of his flaws and stubbornness at times was a key contributor to the Super Bowl winning team (helping the team win a lot in the regular season to secure a bye week game). He demonstrated a willingness to work hard and change, whereas Ben Simmons thinks he's already good enough as is.

It's only one sports writer, but there's an article in the Indianapolis Star calling Wentz to be benched and traded already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really hate Wentz at this point. But that really puts this all into perspective, considering that I hate Ben even more.

Wentz at least was on top of the world for one season, pulling plays out of his ass and putting the team on his back. Then his injury happened, coupled with some others which lead to a decline of physical skills, combined with the ego of an NFL franchise QB who has been babied his entire athletic life because of that, and you see what ended up happening. The guy took his ball and went home, bc how dare he ever get benched. F off man. But, at least that shows a version of being competitive, as bratty and entitled as it is.

The Ben Simmons thing... it almost makes you depressed as much as it makes you angry. Bc we saw this dude turn into Fultz this last playoffs series. As if that happening once, with one 1st overall pick wasn't enough, this guy who a handful of fans still liked and wanted to see succeed pulled the rug out from under us and revealed his true self to be Fultz 2.0. All the while downplaying it and "lol imagine thinking shooting the ball is the only thing that matters" shaming any fan who dared call him out over the last few years. Well it literally just lost us a playoff series. And that attitude still persists, with him now leaking that he wants out and to a Cali team :lol: As much as I despise Wentz right now, this Ben thing is worse. I almost hope he goes to an Atlantic division team so we can boo him mercilessly as much as possible. The hate is there. Especially if the way this thing is going, this era doesn't yield a title, after what we hoped this could be. 

• Like 2

I bet Wentz could shoot the 3 better. 

And Ben would definitely get the ball out of his hands faster than Carson. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Gannan said:

Colts fans cases of buyer's remorse wil be a fun sub plot of the season

241892102_3120793511498446_2470478885839

After each week they hate him more and more. 

• Like 1

No matter how much you hate Wentz this latest twist in the Ben story is the final nail. F Ben. 

• Like 6