Ben Simmons or Carson Wentz?

philafan4o8

I can't wait for Ben to be gone, only to hear Embiid unload on him on social media and to the press lol

Embiid is slowing starting to take shots. Only a matter of time.

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Most of the people who "hate" Wentz it's because of his personal choices.  Guns, Anti Vax, Bible lover....that ish.  You can't convince me it's because of one bad season.  

He was hurt all the freaking time and got all butt hurt when they drafted someone who was thought to be a reliable backup. His footwork was atrocious and never took any steps to improve it, and refused to listen to the coaches. Alshon Jeffrey was spot on about him. I'm a huge Tim Tebow fan and a hunting fan as well, so certainly noting to do with his spirituality or past time. Being an anit vaxxer makes him a moron, but Nola is an anti-vax moron too and while I think he's an idiot, I don't "hate" him. 

• Haha 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So you "hate" Wentz because he got hurt and Josina Anderson told you that he wasn't coachable?  :roll:

Man, with that criteria in mind, I bet you hate a lot of players.  JFC.  

You forgot the most important reason... he blows goats. He's probably from a mechanics standpoint the worst "franchise" QB I've ever seen. The fact that he's entitled and pouts on top of how bad he sucks = sports hate. I'm glad he's gone. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So a guy who was a front runner to be league MVP but suffered numerous injuries has another team fooled.  But not you.  You’re on the case.  Mechanics, worse Ever. Pouts (with no proof) and blows goats.  

You hate easy.  I bet you hate McNabb too.  

Totally hate McNabb. Got drunk before the super bowl.

The converse of your point is that Wetnz really really sucks and had 12 good games in his career. People like him way more than they should simply because he's a bible thumping anti-vaxxer who people identify with culturally. They completely look past the fact that he's a crappy QB because they like what he stands for and how he portrays himself in the public eye. 

Wetnz won't be in the NFL 3 years from now, so I don't know how many people he's "fooled". They're already sick of his act in Indy.

• Haha 2

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just as I thought.  Thanks for proving my point.  Morons like you are why Philly fans still have a bad reputation.  

Thank you for proving my point. No matter how bad he is, right wing morons will always try to deflect from his terrible play simply because he's part of their tribe. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/carson-wentz-statistically-one-of-nfls-worst-qbs-eagles-signal-callers-2020-season-by-the-numbers/

Everyone knows Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz is struggling through the worst season of his five-year NFL career. But a deeper dive of his numbers reveals that his struggles in 2020 are among some of the worst ever recorded at the quarterback position in league history.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2020/12/how-bad-is-eagles-carson-wentz-his-alarming-stats-are-dropping-off-at-an-historic-rate.html

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep. Just as I thought.  It’s about politics.  I knew you’d be able to get back to there.  You can put your guide book down now.  You proved my point.  

And BTW.  I’m not a gun advocate and I’m definitely not religious.  So nice try.  Moron.  

Maybe not, but you're definitely a right wing moron.

For you its about politics, otherwise you wouldn't care about an underachieving QB who is among the worst in football. For me its about Wentz being one of the worst in football, which I proved and you ignored in order to try to make your dopey political point. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re special. And you’ve proven all of my suspicions.  Without even realizing it.  

EC6621DB-C118-4A9D-863A-48C872D2548E.jpeg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So the Sixers are now negotiating for Simmons to Return. 

If this is true. I'm ok as long as Ben can show the rest of the league he is willing to shoot a three per game and make some foul shots up until the trade deadline and then Sixers can maybe get a decent deal in a trade. 

Ben Simmons return depends on Rich Paul and Sixers talks, source says (inquirer.com)

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I still have to believe it will be a "load management" game or some injury issue for a while.  He is too soft to even take a wide open dunk late in a game.  How the F is he going to be able to function at WFC when the fans are pissed?

Maybe if the fans boo him loud and long enough that he'll just walk off the court, retire, fly to Cali to be with his faux celebrity friends and make his money being on reality TV shows?

On 8/16/2021 at 7:35 PM, SB52 said:

Better question: Will Ben Simmons become the all-time heel?

He’s the most disappointing athlete in Philly sports history and it’s not close IMO.

Ben Simmons should have been a transcendent type of player. He has the talent to be mentioned among the all time greats. If he just put in the work he’d be completely unstoppable on offense and he’s already one of the best defenders in the NBA. He just doesn’t give a sh** and is mentally weak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not that tough anymore. Say what you want about Wentz but Simmons is now the biggest whiniest Btch in Philly sports history. Trade him to the WNBA. 

Yeah this is no contest. Ben is flat out pathetic with his attitude and how entitled he is. I think he really doesn't like basketball, just the lifestyle it enables and he won't ever improve because of this. There isn't anything wrong with that, a lot of people turn up to work for the paycheck. But they also don't throw a bish fit when called out on it and demand to change employers. 

Wentz at least put in 4 years where he put it on the line and was a critical piece in this teams first Super Bowl winning season. For that I don't think I can ever hate him, no matter how bad that last season was. If he nets this team another high first round pick this season that's an added bonus. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mat said:

Yeah this is no contest. Ben is flat out pathetic with his attitude and how entitled he is. I think he really doesn't like basketball, just the lifestyle it enables and he won't ever improve because of this. There isn't anything wrong with that, a lot of people turn up to work for the paycheck. But they also don't throw a bish fit when called out on it and demand to change employers. 

Wentz at least put in 4 years where he put it on the line and was a critical piece in this teams first Super Bowl winning season. For that I don't think I can ever hate him, no matter how bad that last season was. If he nets this team another high first round pick this season that's an added bonus. 

I mean, FFS, one of the biggest complaints with Wentz was that he was too aggressive with the ball in his hands and took too many hits which led to his injuries because he was trying to make a play.

Thats the complete opposite of Ben Simmons who refuses to even attempt to shoot and passes up game 7 dunks on a guy who’s a foot shorter than him.

• Like 3

On 10/22/2021 at 9:30 PM, TEW said:

I mean, FFS, one of the biggest complaints with Wentz was that he was too aggressive with the ball in his hands and took too many hits which led to his injuries because he was trying to make a play.

Thats the complete opposite of Ben Simmons who refuses to even attempt to shoot and passes up game 7 dunks on a guy who’s a foot shorter than him.

This ^^^^^

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 3:21 AM, DrPhilly said:

No matter how much you hate Wentz this latest twist in the Ben story is the final nail. F Ben. 

Did you catch the game today?

7 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Did you catch the game today?

Colts? I flipped around and mostly watched Red Zone. Saw some of Carson. He was dismal. 

Who from on here was harassing Gio?  That’s messed up…

The fact that we got a 1st and a 3rd for that stiff is nothing short of a miracle. Quite possibly the biggest steal in our favor ever. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

The fact that we got a 1st and a 3rd for that stiff is nothing short of a miracle. Quite possibly the biggest steal in our favor ever. 

Bradford trade was pretty good

• Like 1

RIP all the passive aggressive "LOL imagine thinking Carson Wentz is the problem" fans, 2019-2022.. You were wrong then and you'll be wrong forever.  This dude truly sucks and he will never win crap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

RIP all the passive aggressive "LOL imagine thinking Carson Wentz is the problem" fans, 2019-2022.. You were wrong then and you'll be wrong forever.  This dude truly sucks and he will never win crap. 

...and with all that Ben is still FAR FAR worse than Wentz in terms of the taste that will be left in Philly fans mouths

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/11/2022 at 4:09 PM, DrPhilly said:

...and with all that Ben is still FAR FAR worse than Wentz in terms of the taste that will be left in Philly fans mouths

Probably because Wentz at least netted us a first round pick. We’ll be lucky to get a pair of used socks for Simmons at this point. 

• Like 3