91 and 55

JP HOF

These guys are right up there with Reggie and Jerome.  I hope y'all appreciate them because they won't be around forever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

agree -- it's funny I was just think about how those two + Kelce are our three remaining holdovers from the AR era.\

Amazing to to think we have three guys on our roster in 2021 who were drafted by a coach we hired in 1999.

• Like 2

Reggie had more sacks then those 2 combined by 85

Jerome Brown died in the middle of his career and had half of what either one of those 2 had but sure they were right up there. 

Not saying I don't appreciate Cox and Graham they were good to great and the won a bowl but still they were not even close to Reggie and Brown not even a little. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

These guys are right up there with Reggie and Jerome.  I hope y'all appreciate them because they won't be around forever.

Now I know you are trolling.  Brandon Graham should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Reggie White, ever.

Graham, 59 sacks in 159 games.

Reggie White, 124 sacks in 120 games with the Eagles, and 198 career sacks.  

This is absolute nonsense, and not even worthy of being its own topic.

Just now, LacesOut said:

I am not quite sure that they are Reggie level good. Especially 55.

55 is like a little better then Mamula

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

55 is like a little better then Mamula

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Mamula had 31 1/2 sacks in 77 games, so if you double it, 63 sacks in 144 games.  Graham is more Mamula than he is Reggie White, and it's not even close.

Edited to add

It took Graham 80 games to get to 29 1/2 sacks.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Mamula had 31 1/2 sacks in 77 games, so if you double it, 63 sacks in 144 games.  Graham is more Mamula than he is Reggie White, and it's not even close.

Hell I wouldn't even say Graham was as good as Trent Cole. If you want to add how good their career was compared to where they were drafted and expectations

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Hell I wouldn't even say Graham was as good as Trent Cole. If you want to add how good their career was compared to where they were drafted and expectations

Derrick Morgan, then next DE taken in that draft, widely considered an underachiever if not a bust, 44 1/2 sacks.

Jerry Hughes, the 31st in that draft has 56 sacks.

Carlos Dunlap, the 54th pick in that draft has 87 1/2 sacks.

Everson Griffin, the 100th pick in that draft has 80 1/2 sacks.

Comparing Graham to White is absolute nonsense, especially when he doesn't even compare to some guys in his draft class with sack numbers.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Derrick Morgan, then next DE taken in that draft, widely considered an underachiever if not a bust, 44 1/2 sacks

You missed the big one here

Jason Pierre Paul.... 2 picks later. 

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You missed the big one here

Jason Pierre Paul.... 2 picks later. 

Yep, 89 sacks.  I had sorted by position and JPP was listed as a LB.

49 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Reggie had more sacks then those 2 combined by 85

Jerome Brown died in the middle of his career and had half of what either one of those 2 had but sure they were right up there. 

Not saying I don't appreciate Cox and Graham they were good to great and the won a bowl but still they were not even close to Reggie and Brown not even a little. 

Here is another look at it.

Brandon Graham has 59 sacks in 159 games.

86-88, Reggie White had 57 sacks in 44 games.

46 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Now I know you are trolling.  Brandon Graham should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Reggie White, ever.

Not true.

Reggie White is way better than Brandon Graham and it's not even close. Period. 

• Haha 2

Graham makes his first pro-bowl, 11 years into his career, and he's right up there with White :wacko:

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not true.

Reggie White is way better than Brandon Graham and it's not even close. Period. 

Funny.

We are really discussing comparing the guy number two on the career sack list ( the greatest DE of all time ) compared to the guy ranked 215th on the career sack list.

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I miss Connor Barwin. He was right up there with Chuck Bednarik. 

I miss Sidney Jones, right up there with Eric Allen.

The absurdity of this is amusing. Fletch is a hell of a player, certainly and eagles HOFer (as is BG) and he has def been one of the best DTs in the last decade. From a statistical comp, I think Fletcher measures up with guys like Richard Seymour, Dan Hampton, Cortez Kennedy, and Geno Atkins who are all HOF or potentially future HOF players. Cox is not Donald, but he has been a heck of a player, and TBH I would take him over Jerome. But to put either of these guys in the same discussion with Reggie is just comical.

I will admit, I have warmed up to BG in recent years. I was a big JPP and Earl Thomas guy and it took me a long time to get past that, but 55 has earned his spot in Eagles lore and in our hearts. He is a quality player and a really great guy (who's impact doesn't always show up in the stat column). Even more than that he 'gets' what it is to be an eagle, and I will always respect him for that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I miss Connor Barwin. He was right up there with Chuck Bednarik. 

If you mean he is easy to root for and has a likeable personality I would agree. Otherwise 🤣

Or did you mean that both of their initials are CB? cause they have that in common too 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

BG got off to a slow start but he improved greatly.  downunder you have never tolerated even a single one of my topics, why don't you put me on ignore?

3 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

BG got off to a slow start but he improved greatly.  downunder you have never tolerated even a single one of my topics, why don't you put me on ignore?

Because you continue to post topics that are not good.  You can tell from everyone's reaction that is the case.  

Brandon Graham is not even in the stratosphere of the greatest DE in NFL history.