Mike Mamula

dweagle

On 4/20/2020 at 10:52 PM, dweagle said:

My first topic on the new board!! I was looking for a picture for my profile, but also came across these couple pictures from the Seahawk game last year that I never shared.  We had a good time and can't wait to get back!

20191124_120939.jpg

20191124_150656.jpg

youre the ugliest person in each photo. Never post again!!!

On 4/21/2020 at 9:39 AM, T-1000 said:

Yep, 31.5 sacks in 5 seasons isnt too bad.

Mamula was never bad. Unfortunately for him Sapp was so much better and he got injured. Really Mamula’s numbers and arc doesn’t differ much from Brandon Graham. A coworker of mine is actually very good friends with Mamula. He says he’s a really nice guy and they golf together often. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mamula was never bad. Unfortunately for him Sapp was so much better and he got injured. Really Mamula’s numbers and arc doesn’t differ much from Brandon Graham. A coworker of mine is actually very good friends with Mamula. He says he’s a really nice guy and they golf together often. 

I think mamula would of been a monster as a stand up outside linebacker in the 3-4

• Like 1

He also holds the second highest wonderlic score in history: 49 out of 50

(Punter Pat McInally recored the only perfect score on the test in 1975)

36 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think mamula would of been a monster as a stand up outside linebacker in the 3-4

Mamula had William Fuller on the other side for a while. I don’t think people realize how good he really was. Then it was Hough Douglas. The guy on the other side of Mamula was always pretty darn good. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, paco said:

He also holds the second highest wonderlic score in history: 49 out of 50

(Punter Pat McInally recored the only perfect score on the test in 1975)

A5CEE5D0-819B-431A-B92F-3246C4BF2A02.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem with mamula was that we traded a first an a third To move up To get him to the buccaneers who Then piCked Warren Sapp In our original spot. It’s revisionist history. At the time mamula was the cant miss prospect but after a couple years it was obvious that Sapp was all world and mamula was leading the league in almost sacks while the other was flying past 100 sacks

On 4/20/2020 at 11:46 PM, T-1000 said:

Mamula was a better pick than most people think. They gave up too much to move up for him, and drafted him too early. That said, it's ridiculous that some people consider him one of the biggest busts in team history. He had some productive years, as opposed to a number of guys they drafted early who never did anything.

Mike Mamula can best be classified as a disappointment as a player relative to his draft position (#7 overall), but I agree "bust" is too strong a word to describe his career.  If he was drafted in say the 3rd round, fans' perception of him would be that he was a solid though unspectacular player.

15 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

Mike Mamula can best be classified as a disappointment as a player relative to his draft position (#7 overall), but I agree "bust" is too strong a word to describe his career.  If he was drafted in say the 3rd round, fans' perception of him would be that he was a solid though unspectacular player.

If here were drafted in the 2nd round or later and didn't cost the draft capital we traded to acquire him he would have been a fan favorite.  Definitely not a bust though.

On 4/20/2020 at 10:46 PM, T-1000 said:

Mamula was a better pick than most people think. They gave up too much to move up for him, and drafted him too early. That said, it's ridiculous that some people consider him one of the biggest busts in team history. He had some productive years, as opposed to a number of guys they drafted early who never did anything.

I myself was a fan of him back in 1995...I never understood calling him a bust....

22 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I totally agree. I never thought he was bad...a little undersized for the position but I believe he played it pretty well....

• Like 1