Preseason: New England Patriots @ Philadelphia Eagles 8/19/21 7:30 EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

Smith's gonna get abused in this league if he doesn't add some muscle.

Huh?  He had his man burned and Flacco pulled a Carson and held the ball too long. 

4 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

Alex Singleton is everywhere. I think he even made the tackle on the punt team.

he was the first man down last punt return and got the dud spun around... i think the dude broke lose and lost another yard when he got tackled 

1 minute ago, DoWorx said:

Flacco is straight trash

Megalecock Mullens will be the backup. Hell he may start the season. 

1 minute ago, DoWorx said:

Flacco is straight trash

Well let’s be fair he’s playing behind the second string O-line. 

1 minute ago, b_west3 said:

Huh?  He had his man burned and Flacco pulled a Carson and held the ball too long. 

I came in during the replay, but it looked like he had the ball and then got pretty jacked up on the hit. Dude looked like a ragdoll.

Just now, EaglesIreland said:

Well let’s be fair he’s playing behind the second string O-line. 

What does that have to do with holding the ball for an eternity?

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

I came in during the replay, but it looked like he had the ball and then got pretty jacked up on the hit.

Yeah but he was open almost immediately. If Flacco gets the ball out on time it’s an easy catch with room to run for a first. 

this thread if full of trash hot-takes on an insignificant pre-season game

TATE never disappoints 🤣 

Just now, Birdman said:

this thread if full of trash hot-takes on an insignificant pre-season game

Well leave butt

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

But then most of the starters didn't end up playing. 

When there is no tackling there is no true game pace in practice.  This has to be one of the only if not the only team in the league that does not do any tackling at all in training camp and they also only practice 60-70 minutes per day which has to be among the shortest if not the shortest in the league. 

Hoping the shorter practices lead to less injuries this season.  I’m not saying it’s the right thing to do, but they were clear about starters not playing tonight.  The entire D line is 2nd string.  Sanders is the only skill starter to play tonight on offense, right?  It’s pre season. I’m not getting worked up over it. 

Just now, olsilverhair said:

Well leave butt

no, because I'm enjoying watching you Nancie's slowly spiral out of control over a preseason game 😂

3 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

He had one step on him, and the corner was playing a trail technique because he knew we had helped behind him. Calm down a little bit with the he burned him nonsense.  And in a regular season game that would’ve been reviewed, and been ruled a catch and a fumble.

4 minutes ago, DBW said:

Hoping the shorter practices lead to less injuries this season.  I’m not saying it’s the right thing to do, but they were clear about starters not playing tonight.  The entire D line is 2nd string.  Sanders is the only skill starter to play tonight on offense, right?  It’s pre season. I’m not getting worked up over it. 

If anything they are going be unprepared to play full football games and not only will be sloppy and worn down but probably start wracking up a lot of in season injuries. 

It's not just preseason, it's how they have run these ultra short training camp practices with no tackling in addition to the complete shunning of preseason. 

We are 3 1/2 weeks from the start of the season and are already shelving our starters from playing in the preseason.  Everyone playing in a new system.  And we are running ultra short flag football practices and not playing preseason games. 

Just now, Birdman said:

no, because I'm enjoying watching you Nancie's slowly spiral out of control over a preseason game 😂

Nancy you say there, Karen?

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

If anything they are going be unprepared to play full football games and not only will be sloppy and worn down but probably start wracking up a lot of in season injuries. 

Agreed

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

agreed, absolutely no reason for Sanders or Smith to be in at this point 

Looks like they’re pretty close to all backups. 

Archived