Preseason: New England Patriots @ Philadelphia Eagles 8/19/21 7:30 EST

EagleJoe8

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

How long will starters play for tonight?

I think Hurts needs more time with the starters

Agreed. Apparently just a couple of series again? But they may get a couple next week too. But usually in the penultimate preseason game they'd get a fair bit more wouldn't they?

This is basically week 3 of the preseason. Hope to see the starters for an extended period.

Per John Clark, expect to see Devonta Smith get "a few plays" tonight

Not sure what that means for the playing time for the rest of the starters. It could just be them easing him back in after the injury. 

Also the full starting O-line is expected to play tonight

Whatever happens I don’t want to see Hurts out there with a bunch of backup players. Hopefully the ones can get a few good drives in and get off the field. 

1 minute ago, metal said:

Get ready for an ugly one

Going for it every time. DP all over again.

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Will we see the first of (hopefully) many Hurts to Smith connections tonight?

Hopefully they get it all in quickly tonight. I don’t want to see this kid too much after just returning from injury.

4 minutes ago, metal said:

Get ready for an ugly one

I understand not wanting to have one guy do both as you're screwed if there's an injury, but I do think they should do some cross training in the event you need to get through a game, or a week or so.

11 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I understand not wanting to have one guy do both as you're screwed if there's an injury, but I do think they should do some cross training in the event you need to get through a game, or a week or so.

Surely we have a backup kicker? I don't know who it is though. A few years ago it was Mychal Kendricks but obviously he isn't here. 

2 minutes ago, metal said:

Surely we have a backup kicker? I don't know who it is though. A few years ago it was Mychal Kendricks but obviously he isn't here. 

I couldn't tell you who it is, if anyone.

2 minutes ago, metal said:

It’s a preseason game anyways. I’d rather see them just go for it. Put some pressure on the offense and defense in some simulated action. Go for two every time.

7 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Thanks @EagleJoe8.  I've unlocked so people can get started talking about this exciting preseason game!  How much Jalen Hurts will we see tonight?

Don’t you mean Jalen Green?

:lol:

12D048BC-89EA-4D1B-82D1-2237E9F7FC54.thumb.png.157c4a15e706c1455a779ddbc473aab7.png

1 minute ago, metal said:

Some defensive starters/key players out

Was being reported on 94.1 (McManus, Eskin, etc) that Hurts is likely to only play a series.  So goes beyond defense.  

11 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I couldn't tell you who it is, if anyone.

Where’s Simoneau when you need him!  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Where’s Simoneau when you need him!  

Mark The Toe Simoneau!

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Was being reported on 94.1 (McManus, Eskin, etc) that Hurts is likely to only play a series.  So goes beyond defense.  

Well that sucks

Nick constantly talks about practice constantly. You'd think he would want to take advantage of preseason games for the young starters

We may end up starting week 1 very rusty

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If it’s Hurts then it’s probably most of the offense too. 

I remember Kamu Grugier Hill coming in to do a good kickoff against the cowboys years ago

efbd8ix6puxgiqep4xpz.jpg

Do people still bet on pre-season games?

Will Sanders get reps in this game or are they saving him for the regular season?

EDIT: well that got answered after the first snap.

Archived