REPORT: TE Tyree Jackson out with back fracture

time2rock

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Looks like Rodgers makes the team. Possibly JJAW now too. 

Not sure how this has anything to do with JJAW. He’s fighting for the 6th WR spot with Hightower. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not sure how this has anything to do with JJAW. He’s fighting for the 6th WR spot with Hightower. 

Just stating a new spot is open. I hope they put Hightower in some kind of IR if need be and simply cut JJAW. 

21 minutes ago, nipples said:

has a lot to do with jjaw... they way it was looking i would have said they might have kept 4 te and 5 wr’s not 6wr’s 3 te’s 

i know they change the rules back and forth do we need to keep him on the roster till finally cuts before we can place him on ir in order for no one to steal him? 

2 hours ago, toolg said:

Ouch. 

I think they need to keep him on IR.

I might be wrong, but I am sure that I read a post that if someone is put on IR prior to the 53 man cutdown, he won't be eligible to return for the entire season...Only players that are on/from the final team's 53 roster can come back from IR...

If that's the case, it doesn't really free up a slot in the 53, if they want to keep him for any time in 2021...but if he is in the Eagles longer term (2022+) plans, then IR makes sense...

4 minutes ago, EagleTen said:

I might be wrong, but I am sure that I read a post that if someone is put on IR prior to the 53 man cutdown, he won't be eligible to return for the entire season...Only players that are on/from the final team's 53 roster can come back from IR...

If that's the case, it doesn't really free up a slot in the 53, if they want to keep him for any time in 2021...but if he is in the Eagles longer term (2022+) plans, then IR makes sense...

Yeah. That's how I understand it. Once he makes the 53, they can immediately put him on IR, then a roster spot opens up. Like last year, there is no limit to the amount players they can return from IR in 2021 (after he's on the 53-man roster).... But I'm not sure if they will need to use him at all this year. So I think they can just put him on IR the entire year.

40 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

has a lot to do with jjaw... they way it was looking i would have said they might have kept 4 te and 5 wr’s not 6wr’s 3 te’s 

i know they change the rules back and forth do we need to keep him on the roster till finally cuts before we can place him on ir in order for no one to steal him? 

I doubt it. The more likely scenario would be they cut Rodgers and keep Jackson. 

Regardless, JJAW won’t be on the 53. 

45 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

With the COVID rules they implemented last year (relating to the number of players on the practice squad and being able to move players up to the active roster 30 min before game time and then move them back down afterward), I think if there are stronger players at other position groups than the #6 WR or #4 TE then it is likely we go with 5 and 3 (for the latter that may happen now with the back injury to Jackson).  

3 hours ago, toolg said:

Ouch. 

Agreed! Don't think they should be waiving him. This is a blow but not a big one purely as he was a project guy who was unlikely to play a lot this year. 

• Like 1

I think Rodgers has been in the run of making the roster, disregarding the progress of Jackson.  On the other hand, JJAW is at the bottom half of the WR group.  Jackson's injury should not affect JJAW's chance to the roster. 

6 hours ago, toolg said:

Ouch. 

I think he needs to be on the opening roster before he can be IR'd - otherwise, he'd be subject to a waiver claim.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just stating a new spot is open. I hope they put Hightower in some kind of IR if need be and simply cut JJAW. 

Let's see what happens between now and end of TC.  Someone else could go down as well, and the roster spot will take care of itself in that case.

• Like 1

"Only players on the 53-player roster after Sept. 1 are eligible to be designated for return from IR or the non-football injury list.“

Tough break though. Been hearing he was one of the bright spots of camp. Some thought he was going to be on the PS anyways. 

49 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

"Only players on the 53-player roster after Sept. 1 are eligible to be designated for return from IR or the non-football injury list.“

I bet they keep him on the roster for the 53 man roster, place him on IR and then pick someone backup like JJAW who won't get claimed by anybody.  

This is the classic phantom "Redshirt Injury”. They’ll stash him on IR for the year to develop for next year since it looks like it’s going to be Goedert, Ertz, and Rodgers this year. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Looks like Rodgers makes the team. Possibly JJAW now too. 

I don't think Rodgers' job was ever in doubt. He's one of the better blocking TEs in the league and a very efficient receiver as well. It's not like we need to get his contract off the books. 

Rodgers with the key block that opened up the Watkins TD:

Jackson is still a project, but one worth hanging on to. In 2022, he could be a key contributor. Rodgers isn't signed beyond this season. I think the Eagles might try to keep him on the 53 to start the season and then move him to IR. If they IR Jackson before the season, then I expect Ertz to remain an Eagle all year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Bad rule for a violent sport like football.  They should treat injuries the way other sports do.  Worked better with the PUP list.

8 minutes ago, Procus said:

Bad rule for a violent sport like football.  They should treat injuries the way other sports do.  Worked better with the PUP list.

If they did it any other way, teams wouldn't cut any players (whose contracts don't affect the cap. )

Nice stash him with a fake injury on IR, gives them enough time to Move Ertz and reactivate him from IR down the season... Howie doing his thing as usuall...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1