Few things on my mind

SlimReaper4Six

First off I loved how Landon Dickerson had the Vince Wilfork outfit on, That was amazing, I love the guys own type of swagger. How confident he is in himself and the way he acts I can guarantee we have a stud. The guy already has the veterans respect. Lane Johnson and Jason Kelce love his intelligence and say he is a huge person. I can’t wait to see him on the field. Does anyone know when he will start practicing?

Travis Fulgham has officially disappeared. Kid just can’t stay consistent and it’s sad to see we really need a true X and now JJAW is surpassed him. I remember when he was dominant against the Steelers I just don’t get how he just can fall off a cliff. Sad and disappointing. 

Matt Pryor was and never will be a LT and im tired of Stoutland giving him a chance again and again there. When he moves right to left he becomes complete trash no doubt about it, but he does have value as a RG and RT to a degree. I’d much rather have Driscoll at RT he is a better technician and his footwork is far superior. Unless we become a run heavy power team Pryor should be traded. He has starting experience and power. I think he could get us a 7th round pick.  Landon will be first off the bench along the interior spots and I also believe he can play RTz too. We also have LeRaven Clark coming back and he has a ton of experience starting for the same system. We don’t need to keep Pryor. 

Glitter Wallace needs to shut up, he hasn’t done anything to gain respect yet and I use to like him but now I’m starting to get annoyed with him, I get he is trying to promote his name and h as confidence in himself but I’m starting to believe he will be the black sheep in the secondary and will continue to get targeted and focused on. Until you earn the starting position at least please shut your mouth, Glitter all your doing is making yourself look like a joke. Until he earns some respect your name officially is Glitter

Patrick Johnson is going to push for playing time and eventually beat out Genard Avery sometime during the season. I like the kid as a developmental player. The kid was a 7th round pick and his showing up and playing pretty well. He sets the edge and is around the ball a lot. I don’t want to act like he will be a star or anything like that but for the value of where we got him I think he is going to be a excellent special teams guy and a good role player for years to come and I’ll be incredibly pleased with that. If he can turn on his pass rush this kid will be playing a good bit this season

To be honest, that wasn't a bad original post. I don't really disagree about any of it. Yeah, Pryor isn't good and probably shouldn't make the team.

I thought Patrick Johnson looked better against the Steelers than he did against the Patriots, but I wasn't paying particular attention to him and can't really say for sure. Perhaps you're right.

Sorry, but wearing some overalls doesn’t convince me Dickerson can stay healthy or play in this league. It would be nice to see what ha can do on their field. You aren’t getting anything for Pryor not even a 7th. So many people have completely over rated Fulgham. They basically made their judgments after a few games which should be a lesson why you shouldn’t make in judgments on a player after which a small sample size. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sorry, but wearing some overall doesn’t convince me Dickerson can stay healthy or play in this league. It would be nice to see what ha can do on their field. You aren’t getting anything for Pryor not even a 7th. So many people have completely over rated Fulgham. They basically made their judgments after a few games which should be a lesson why you shouldn’t make in judgments on a player after which a small sample size. 

I was furious about the value of drafting Dickerson in the second during the draft. Every time I hear about his injuries it is like a bad reminder of all the talent that was still on the board and we could have had.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I was furious about the value of drafting Dickerson in the second during the draft. Every time I hear about his injuries it is like a bad reminder of all the talent that was still on the board and we could have had.

It’s the Eagles MO. Draft backups, projects, and injury prone players within their first three rounds. It’s like they have disdain for selecting players who can immediately help them. 

25 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Time will tell but yea agreed. Passing on Asante Samuel jr, Moehrig, & JOK killed me

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sorry, but wearing some overalls doesn’t convince me Dickerson can stay healthy or play in this league. It would be nice to see what ha can do on their field. You aren’t getting anything for Pryor not even a 7th. So many people have completely over rated Fulgham. They basically made their judgments after a few games which should be a lesson why you shouldn’t make in judgments on a player after which a small sample size. 

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

38 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Time will tell but yea agreed. Passing on Asante Samuel jr, Moehrig, & JOK killed me

For me Dickerson will remain a bad pick regardless of how good he turns out to be. I hope he is a pro bowler and stays healthy for the next 10 years. But that doesn't change the fact that given his extensive injury history, he was not a risk worth taking at the start of the second round, when there was so many other good players available at positions of need.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

For me Dickerson will remain a bad pick regardless of how good he turns out to be. I hope he is a pro bowler and stays healthy for the next 10 years. But that doesn't change the fact that given his extensive injury history, he was not a risk worth taking at the start of the second round, when there was so many other good players available at positions of need.

Time will tell whether Dickerson will pan out, but center is definitely a position of need for the team.  This is likely Kelce's last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

That's kinda silly, don't you think? You're saying that if he becomes a long time star and future Hall of Famer, you'll still argue that the selection of him was wrong? I have to shake my head at that line of thinking.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Bad pick? Too soon to tell on that. I should clarify my original comment because I didn’t hate picking Dickerson because of Dickerson the player, but was more upset about passing on the trio those defenders that I also thought were first round talents. Long term at center it is a need, and to get a very talented player from the top college program who was extremely respected by coaches and players alike, I can’t hate that. Injury history is scary, and still have PTSD from Sidney Jones. But his talent is very evident, media also considered him a consensus top 20 player. Eagles desperately need to get young on the OL, it’s the one thing Eagles have always been strong at. I’d rather that remains a strength. 

34 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Eagles desperately need to get young on the OL, it’s the one thing Eagles have always been strong at. I’d rather that remains a strength

I agree with everything you said and this as well but, it is kind of counterproductive. They can't say in one sentence they want to get young just to then go out and draft a player with more injuries then a 10 yr vet. That is one of the reasons they wanted to get younger was to lessen the chance of injuries.... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree with everything you said and this as well but, it is kind of counterproductive. They can't say in one sentence they want to get young just to then go out and draft a player with more injuries then a 10 yr vet. That is one of the reasons they wanted to get younger was to lessen the chance of injuries.... 

Yeah, I recognize that. There’s a clear pattern from this front office of doing this also. That’s why with Dickerson it’s like, I get it. But at what point do they not realize maybe we need to do something a bit different from a team building standpoint? Because for as much of a talent/reward Dickerson is/can be, he’s still a major risk and I don’t think Eagles are at a spot where they can take those kinds of risks

• Like 2

To add on, I can accept the next 2-3 years being rough years, because I see this team isn’t close to being competitive. It’ll suck but As long as the front office/coaching staff is busy trying to build their building blocks for the franchise for next 5-10 years to be a contender again. Like Devonta for example. But with Dickerson with his injury history, you’ll constantly be holding your breath every year hoping he finishes out the year. I get that’s with every player, but it’s especially true with him. It brings in a cloudy future, and only way to avoid for the Eagles situation is to hit on majority of draft picks/free agents going forward. Given Howie’s draft record and now like @downundermikehas brought up with how bad Eagles cap is now in 2022, when it could of been a strength, that’s not good reassurance. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That's kinda silly, don't you think? You're saying that if he becomes a long time star and future Hall of Famer, you'll still argue that the selection of him was wrong? I have to shake my head at that line of thinking.

4 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Bad pick? Too soon to tell on that. I should clarify my original comment because I didn’t hate picking Dickerson because of Dickerson the player, but was more upset about passing on the trio those defenders that I also thought were first round talents. Long term at center it is a need, and to get a very talented player from the top college program who was extremely respected by coaches and players alike, I can’t hate that. Injury history is scary, and still have PTSD from Sidney Jones. But his talent is very evident, media also considered him a consensus top 20 player. Eagles desperately need to get young on the OL, it’s the one thing Eagles have always been strong at. I’d rather that remains a strength. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

To clarify, I will think that it was the wrong decision at the time, even if it ends up working out really well in the end. It’s like in Poker, chasing a straight when you should fold. You may end up hitting it, but the odds were against you.

Howie said before the draft that "Hope isn’t a strategy.” But given Dickerson’s extensive injury history, he seems to have ignored his own advice as BW36 says above.

Most draft gurus accepted he was a top 20 talent, but most also had him as a mid 2nd to early 3rd rounder due to the extensive injury history.

I hope it works out though and I do agree with investing in the OL.

9 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

To clarify, I will think that it was the wrong decision at the time, even if it ends up working out really well in the end. It’s like in Poker, chasing a straight when you should fold. You may end up hitting it, but the odds were against you.

Howie said before the draft that "Hope isn’t a strategy.” But given Dickerson’s extensive injury history, he seems to have ignored his own advice as BW36 says above.

Most draft gurus accepted he was a top 20 talent, but most also had him as a mid 2nd to early 3rd rounder due to the extensive injury history.

I hope it works out though and I do agree with investing in the OL.

So what if Dickerson ends up being much better than any of the other guys people were clamouring for with that pick? All the other guys become serviceable, at best, starters, and he’s an all pro. You would still think it was the wrong pick?

When you have a lack of talent like us, you don’t shoot for "serviceable”. We don’t need to be turned into an 8 win team, we need to be turned into a 12-13 win team. And you don’t do that by aiming low.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vaff said:

So what if Dickerson ends up being much better than any of the other guys people were clamouring for with that pick? All the other guys become serviceable, at best, starters, and he’s an all pro. You would still think it was the wrong pick?

When you have a lack of talent like us, you don’t shoot for "serviceable”. We don’t need to be turned into an 8 win team, we need to be turned into a 12-13 win team. And you don’t do that by aiming low.

I genuinely hope he is and that he stays healthy.

But yeah, I will still think he was the wrong pick at the time. 

There were plenty of guys available who had big upsides or were regarded as first round talents. My personal preference would have been Moehrig or Samuel.

For me early second is not a time to gamble in guys with extensive injury histories.

On 8/21/2021 at 8:48 PM, Procus said:

Time will tell whether Dickerson will pan out, but center is definitely a position of need for the team.  This is likely Kelce's last year.

The Eagles inability to draft quality offensive linemen  is a serious liability.  Kelce, Brooks and Johnson are all in the home stretch of their careers; Seumalo has only played in more than 9 games in one of his seasons here and Mailata, although a beast, is still a 7th rounder who is just beginning to learn the game and position.

Dickerson's profile is a big, strong, nasty guy who played both tackle and guard at bigtime programs in college.  If he can stay healthy, well, you know....

If. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

The Eagles inability to draft quality offensive linemen  is a serious liability.  Kelce, Brooks and Johnson are all in the home stretch of their careers; Seumalo has only played in more than 9 games in one of his seasons here and Mailata, although a beast, is still a 7th rounder who is just beginning to learn the game and position.

Dickerson's profile is a big, strong, nasty guy who played both tackle and guard at bigtime programs in college.  If he can stay healthy, well, you know....

If. 

The Eagles drafted Malaita, LJ, Kelce, Seumalo - four quality starters on the OL.  Yes, Dillard was a swing and miss - but to say the Eagles are unable to draft quality OLinemen is not correct.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

The Eagles drafted Malaita, LJ, Kelce, Seumalo - four quality starters on the OL.  Yes, Dillard was a swing and miss - but to say the Eagles are unable to draft quality OLinemen is not correct.

Kelce and Johnson are on the wrong side of 30 (as is Brooks).  Brooks and Johnson finished the season on IR and Kelce is close to retirement  And they were drafted a decade ago. Mailata has played a grand total of 10 games in the NFL and we have no idea how he'll work out.  Seumalo is pedestrian.  OL is a position of need, as you point out. 

I'm being supportive of the Dickerson pick. 

6 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Kelce and Johnson are on the wrong side of 30 (as is Brooks).  Brooks and Johnson finished the season on IR and Kelce is close to retirement  And they were drafted a decade ago. Mailata has played a grand total of 10 games in the NFL and we have no idea how he'll work out.  Seumalo is pedestrian.  OL is a position of need, as you point out. 

I'm being supportive of the Dickerson pick. 

Agreed, people need to pump the brakes on Mailata. He played well for a guy who never played football before.... That doesn't necessarily mean he is going to be good. After all he still did give up 7 sacks last year. Might be good for someone who never played before before but, it sucks for a starting LT 

This is how I see the Eagles next year after Jason Kelce retires ( I also think he would be great as a coach and we pick him up). I believe if we don’t do well in the beginning I think we trade Brandon Brooks before the trade deadline in order get our younger guys more experience and we definitely could get at least a 4th round pick or more for a desperate contender that is looking for a pro bow caliber lineman to help get them over the edge to win a championship. Teams who are like this normally overpay so getting a good draft pick isn’t out of the question.

Landon should definitely be 100% by week 10 and so many experts like Baldy have stated he is the best prospect he has seen since Quinton Nelson. If that’s the case he may be even better than Brandon was, so not only do we get more draft compensation for next season we also get a upgrade at the RG position.  Landon then can get his feet wet and we can figure out early if RG is the spot we want him to play at for good for the next decade. He definitely has the temperament to play alongside Lane to make us one of the more physical right sides in the NFL.

This will allow us to figure out how we want to line up next season because Jason Kelce will most likely retire at the end of the year and then we can figure out who we want our heir to be at Center. Issac Samuelo plays LG now but many people consider his most natural position is Center. Landon Dickerson is also been said to be a natural Center. This gives us options for next year.

My opinion is Landon is a little too tall for Center and Issac has been one of the more durable players we have so I would go like this for now 

LTMalaita LG Herbig C Samuelo RG Dickerson RT Johnson. This immediately makes our offensive line a lot younger and cheaper depending on how big of a contract Jordan gets whether he signs sooner or later. I believe we should sign him now that way he doesn’t have the chance to explore free agency and we get in a bidding war. So really the only spot we have any issues about is LG. Herbig is a very good player for us but I do think we could draft a replacement or at the very least add competition and depth.