OFFICIAL Final Roster Tracker

time2rock

Creating a thread to keep track of all roster cuts as we get down to 53 by Tuesday, Aug 31, 4pm.

Released today:  
RB Elijah Holyfield 

DE JaQuan Bailey

WR Marken Michel

LB Rashad Smith

TE Cary Angeline

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/29/eagles-waive-five-including-elijah-holyfield/

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-2021-roster-tracking-all-cuts-53-man-deadline?utm_tags=sm_npd_rsn_phi_fb_mn&fbclid=IwAR05n_wgihKl857S01Odi3oZ93L7YEsh42mCvxWqwzJ5LrT-lbkJCdDDphg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Waived yesterday:

OL Ross Pierschbacher

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/30/philadelphia-eagles-waive-ol-ross-pierschbacher/

Also waived ... CB Michael Jacquet

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/30/philadelphia-eagles-waive-cb-michael-jacquet/

Adding to the list of those waived (thanks @Hawkeye  )

DE Matt Leo

DT Raequan Williams

CB Craig James

WR Andre Patton

RB  Jason Huntley

Add Fulgham to the list of those waived:

fulgham.JPG.a2641625037228f7c4a934b3669f749a.JPG

Roster currently sits at 68 ... 15 more to go.  

Adding WR John Hightower to the list of those waived.

Hightower.JPG.fef497d5be97fdd68396a1be82f0ebe0.JPG

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Eagles have set their initial 53-man roster and running back Jordan Howard is not on it.

When the Eagles waived Kerryon Johnson a couple of weeks ago, it seemed like a good sign for Howard’s chances of surviving the cut in Philly. That’s not how things turned out, however, and the Eagles kept Miles Sanders, Boston Scott and Kenneth Gainwell on the roster instead.

The Eagles also released tight end Richard Rodgers, who first joined the team in 2018. They did keep Tyree Jackson, who will miss a chunk of time with a back injury and will likely go on injured reserve now that he’ll be eligible to return to action. That could open the door for a quick return for Rodgers.

Wide receiver Travis Fulgham was one of the players placed on waivers. He had a productive stretch for the Eagles early last season, but cooled off in the second half.

Safety Andrew Adams, tackle Le'Raven Clark, defensive tackle Hassan Ridgeway, and cornerback Kevon Seymour were also released. Safety Blake Countess was placed on injured reserve and defensive tackle T.Y. McGill is on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

The Eagles waived safety Grayland Arnold, offensive lineman Kayode Awosika, wide receiver John Hightower, running back Jason Huntley, cornerback Michael Jacquet, cornerback Craig James, defensive end Matt Leo, guard Sua Opeta, wide receiver Andre Patton, offensive lineman Ross Pierschbacher, safety Elijah Riley, linebacker JaCoby Stevens, and defensive tackle Raequan Williams.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/31/jordan-howard-richard-rodgers-among-eagles-cuts/

• Like 6

Seems like Holyfield gets cut every year. I didn’t think he was going to make it but feel for him 

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Does that get us down to 80 ??

They were at 80 going into the Jets game. That puts us at 75.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

They were at 80 going into the Jets game. That puts us at 75.

I was just counting and the official site shows 74.

43 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Does that get us down to 80 ??

Should have us down to 76 now.  First cut to 85 (86 for us due to exemption for Leo), 2nd cut to 80 (81 for us).  Subtract another 5 = 76.  

57 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I believe Dickerson and McLeod count so 76.

57 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Maybe it's not counting McLeod.

If Toth shows anything he might not make it thru waivers.  Young improving OTs are hard to find.  I would be interested in opinions from those who watched him, Opeta and the FA OG from Buffalo.  Not sure why we like Opeta so much.  Would rather keep the other two

58 minutes ago, weko said:

If Toth shows anything he might not make it thru waivers.  Young improving OTs are hard to find.  I would be interested in opinions from those who watched him, Opeta and the FA OG from Buffalo.  Not sure why we like Opeta so much.  Would rather keep the other two

i didn’t watch the last game but i know in one of the games you didn’t like opeta he completely didn’t block his man giving gainwell no chance at blocking him and resulting in a sack.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Some people thought Smith earned a roster spot too. 

From what I've seen in the past some decisions have nothing to do with football.

What many don't know is before Newman opted out his final year in college due to COVID, there was talk of him going in the 1st round.  So tell me, did Mullens over Newman have anything to do with football?

Of course this has nothing to do with Smith, he's too small for the LB position and he's not a hitter.

41 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

From what I've seen in the past some decisions have nothing to do with football.

What many don't know is before Newman opted out his final year in college due to COVID, there was talk of him going in the 1st round.  So tell me, did Mullens over Newman have anything to do with football?

If Newman was so good why didn’t anyone else pick him up? 

7 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

Seems like Holyfield gets cut every year.

That's better than someone biting his ear off, though. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Same reasons no one ever picks up the players he thinks should be starting or picked in the 1st round. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I'm just telling you the guy was taked about being a 1st round pick so whatever the reason I'm sure it has nothing to do with football, moreover, I'm damn sure he's better than Mullens.

Think about it, dude ddn't even make it to training camp so you know it had nothing to do with football.

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Of course this has nothing to do with Smith, he's too small for the LB position and he's not a hitter.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I'm just telling you the guy was taked about being a 1st round pick so whatever the reason I'm sure it has nothing to do with football, moreover, I'm damn sure he's better than Mullens.

Think about it, dude ddn't even make it to training camp so you know it had nothing to do with football.

Mullens actually showed some things during some of his NFL starts. He got hurt last year and we were able to sign him cheap and give him a look. It didn't work out here. Perhaps learning a new system after rehabbing an injury affected his confidence. Whatever the reason, he just didn't impress this staff. Neither did Newman. This has everything to do with football. Play well. Help the team get better. Keep your job. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Mullens actually showed some things during some of his NFL starts. He got hurt last year and we were able to sign him cheap and give him a look. It didn't work out here. Perhaps learning a new system after rehabbing an injury affected his confidence. Whatever the reason, he just didn't impress this staff. Neither did Newman. This has everything to do with football. Play well. Help the team get better. Keep your job. 

Newman's problem was that he barley played for Wake Forrest so he transferred to Georgia. A lot of people based off of his skill set and physical attributes thought he could end up being a 1st round pick .... Then out of nowhere he decided to he wasn't playing because of covid. No one is blaming him for not playing with covid but, he should of opted out sooner and also came back last year and played a full season. So instead they just have a guy with good physical skills that played a handful of college games. He screwed himself over

Hollyfield had quite a few carriers in the Jets game.  Not that he could have make the team, but he could be of interest to some teams in a trade.  Cutting him this early is giving him a chance to land with another team. 

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

This has everything to do with football. Play well. Help the team get better. Keep your job. 

One can't "play well" if they're cut before the start of training camp, he was waived the 1st week of June, traiining camp started July 27th.

18 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

One can't "play well" if they're cut before the start of training camp, he was waived the 1st week of June, traiining camp started July 27th.

And yet here we are at the end of camp and not a single team has picked him up. If he was any good someone would have added him to their roster in the last 2+ months. 

29 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

He was there for the rookie minicamp and obviously wasn't helping the team get better. Mullens came in and had some good camp days at QB early. His preseason games were not very good, which led to his release. 

You're making more of something than there is to make. Newman didn't impress. Mullens impressed a little more, but ultimately not enough.