Wong's Money League Teams

Shepard Wong

1st money league draft, 12 team, standard scoring, 2 RB, 2 WR 1 TE, and a flex position,  picking 8th.

QB: Tannehill and Lawrence

RB: Barkley, Najee Harris, Chris Carson, Gio Bernard, McFarland, Devontae Booker

WR: Allen Robinson, Chase Claypool, Ja'Marr Chase, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, Tyler Boyd

TE: Kyle Pitts

DST: Broncos

K: Koo

I need 1 or 2 of the young receivers to break out but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the draft.  I need RB depth but I always find RBs during the season, so I prioritized WRs that had some upside in the middle and later rounds.  

Just now, downundermike said:

Fail....................................but seriously, what slot did you draft him ??

8th

he must have gotten barkley at pick 8. i'm in the 8th slot in my 12 team half ppr league & have been doing mocks. barkley often falls to 8..but i really don't want to pick him. 

Just now, downundermike said:

I assume Chubb and Taylor both off the board ??

Chubb was gone.  I prefer Barkley over Taylor.  Hell I prefer Najee Harris over Taylor, truth be told.

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

did any non-rb go in the top 7?

Nope.  I could have gone Adams, and in retrospect, if I had known I would get Harris and Carson on my next two picks, I would have.

2 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Chubb was gone.  I prefer Barkley over Taylor.  Hell I prefer Najee Harris over Taylor, truth be told.

I am a huge Taylor guy, and being an Eagles fan, would be an easy decision to go Taylor.  Plus, you never know what you are getting off an injury.

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

Nope.  I could have gone Adams, and in retrospect, if I had known I would get Harris and Carson on my next two picks, I would have.

i figured. 

i'm hoping someone grabs adams in the top 7 and pushes a.jones or chubb to me at 8. ..although the rankings i'm using have barkley just ahead of chubb. 

i definitely want to go rb with pick 8...then come back with a wr like ridley or hopkins in the 2nd....and really hoping carson falls to me in the 3rd. we'll see. 

The top 7 picks were kind of my worst case scenario.  Usually in this league, a couple teams go QB super early but they were all picking behind me this year, sadly.

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

The top 7 picks were kind of my worst case scenario.  Usually in this league, a couple teams go QB super early but they were all picking behind me this year, sadly.

oh, i fully expect the same in my draft.  my rankings have jones/barkley/chubb ranked as my 6-8 rb's...although my personal preference is jones/chubb/barkley.  pretty sure i'll wind up with barkley. :lol:  gotta do it though. the mocks where i went wr at 8 weren't very good. 

6 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Could you give us the first two rounds, I have 9th in my money league this weekend, curious how a real draft went, mocks can only give you so much.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am a huge Taylor guy, and being an Eagles fan, would be an easy decision to go Taylor.  Plus, you never know what you are getting off an injury.

i like taylor if i were picking at 10....and i really like ekeler...just not at 8.  

if i were picking at the 12/13 turn & wound up with taylor & ekeler, i'd be 1223136951_cannaboner2.gif.8ae25035d2ce8844335391e7bc922ab2.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

oh, i fully expect the same in my draft.  my rankings have jones/barkley/chubb ranked as my 6-8 rb's...although my personal preference is jones/chubb/barkley.  pretty sure i'll wind up with barkley. :lol:  gotta do it though. the mocks where i went wr at 8 weren't very good. 

Same.  All the mocks I did taking a WR at 8, I was crapping out on RBs.  Turns out I would have been OK since Mixon, Hopkins , Kittle and Mahomes went before my second pick and gifted me Harris.  I didn't expect Carson to come back to me in the 3rd but Robinson, Josh Jacobs, and David Montgomery all went before him.  Not the kind of thing you can count on.

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i like taylor if i were picking at 10....and i really like ekeler...just not at 8.  

if i were picking at the 12/13 turn & wound up with taylor & ekeler, i'd be 1223136951_cannaboner2.gif.8ae25035d2ce8844335391e7bc922ab2.gif

I like Ekeler a lot also but this is a no PPR league so he gets dinged a little in this format.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I like Ekeler a lot also but this is a no PPR league so he gets dinged a little in this format.

Mine is also non PPR

I hate picks 6-10. That's like  no-mans land... Then it gets better around 11-12 when you're working with back-to-back picks.
I hate Barkley too. I feel like the talent is still there but the team sucks. I am taking Barkley over guys like Zeke (he won't be useful if Cowboys aren't pounding the ball with him) and Mixon (still no blocking). So not the worst pick, but I would've taken Adams, Tyreek, or even Kelce in PPR there. But you are taking a risk coming back around from all those picks in Round 2 to get your RB1.

I think it was a good strategy to stack up at RB with the ones you have. Then hope you get someone to boom at WR. I'd be happy with that team. I think Lawrence is going to stink this year, though. I am avoiding him in redraft.

I don't like Barkley myself but I took him in the second round last night of my 10 team league... Couldn't pass on him at 16 considering I took Kamara at 5 

Barkley is excellent value in the 2nd round. The workload is there. He can run, he can catch. He's going to be a feature back when many teams are going by committee. The concern is his injury history. Not a guy you want to pin all your hopes on with a first pick. But if he can win you several games, that's plenty good enough for a 2nd rounder.

2nd round...sure.  but the more i'm reading about saquon, the less i want him.  there are reports that their o-line is looking really, really bad again this season.  also, barkley is coming off an acl tear & hasn't taken a "real" snap yet. he's still wearing a no-contact jersey in camp. idk, man. his red flags have red flags. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

2nd round...sure.  but the more i'm reading about saquon, the less i want him.  there are reports that their o-line is looking really, really bad again this season.  also, barkley is coming off an acl tear & hasn't taken a "real" snap yet. he's still wearing a no-contact jersey in camp. idk, man. his red flags have red flags. 

ADRIAN PETERSON HAD 2,000 YARDS!!!!

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

ADRIAN PETERSON HAD 2,000 YARDS!!!!

TOM BRADY WAS A 6TH ROUND DRAFT PICK!!!

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

TOM BRADY WAS A 6TH ROUND DRAFT PICK!!!

i stopped disliking that dude about 3 years ago

21 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

If you were picking 12/13 in a half PPR, would you take Taylor and Ekeler over, say, Taylor and Diggs?