Wong's Money League Teams

Shepard Wong

21 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

1st money league draft, 12 team, standard scoring, 2 RB, 2 WR 1 TE, and a flex position,  picking 8th.

QB: Tannehill and Lawrence

RB: Barkley, Najee Harris, Chris Carson, Gio Bernard, McFarland, Devontae Booker

WR: Allen Robinson, Chase Claypool, Ja'Marr Chase, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, Tyler Boyd

TE: Kyle Pitts

DST: Broncos

K: Koo

I need 1 or 2 of the young receivers to break out but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the draft.  I need RB depth but I always find RBs during the season, so I prioritized WRs that had some upside in the middle and later rounds.  

I think it’s a pretty decent looking start.  I too worry about Barkley this season, but there’s obviously a chance it pays off.  If Harris and Carson can have the type of impact some are projecting, that may help a lot even if Barkley disappoints.  I think your WR corps is loaded with players that can end up producing, my guess is you’ll end up with at least a couple really good players out of that group, and possibly more.  Tannehill definitely intrigued me this season if I wait on QB, I imagine he won’t get as many rushing scores this season as last, but adding Julio should help alleviate some of that.

11 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

If you were picking 12/13 in a half PPR, would you take Taylor and Ekeler over, say, Taylor and Diggs?

yep. i think you could find decent wr's in rounds 3 & 4. not so much with rb's. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yep. i think you could find decent wr's in rounds 3 & 4. not so much with rb's. 

It’s definitely true about WR depth this year.  I guess Diggs has such a high floor and there are so many instances of early round RBs missing chunks of time forcing you to make roster moves at that position anyway that the appeal of "Hero Ball” is growing on me, but at the same time if you came away with two RBs at 12/13 that performed to expectations for the most part, you’d be in a good place.

23 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

It’s definitely true about WR depth this year.  I guess Diggs has such a high floor and there are so many instances of early round RBs missing chunks of time forcing you to make roster moves at that position anyway that the appeal of "Hero Ball” is growing on me, but at the same time if you came away with two RBs at 12/13 that performed to expectations for the most part, you’d be in a good place.

I think the biggest thing is consistency, and you nailed it with the "floor" comment. Those Rd 3 and 4 WRs might finish the year at 15ppg to someone like Diggs 20ppg... but Diggs might bit close to 20 every week and those other guys will put up a 33ppg week followed by three 9 point weeks, so they'll likely help you win one of the weeks but be part of the reason you lost 3 others. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

yeah, it's all personal preference. i just see taylor & eckler as guys who (IF HEALTHY) could be league winners. and i think you'd be able to land allen robinson/mike evans/robert woods types at the 3/4 turn. 

• Like 1

diggs went in the 7th round of my $$ league last year...what a f'n steal. now he's going in the early 2nd.

league champ had him last year, btw...along with dalvin, tyreek, & pre-creepiness d.watson. hell of a team.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

diggs went in the 7th round of my $$ league last year...what a f'n steal. now he's going in the early 2nd.

league champ had him last year, btw...along with dalvin, tyreek, & pre-creepiness d.watson. hell of a team.

diggs has been WR#1 ranking in most of what i have seen

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

diggs has been WR#1 ranking in most of what i have seen

Really?!?  Wow, I’m high on him, but just assumed he was probably being viewed as WR3 after Adams and Hill

23 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

Really?!?  Wow, I’m high on him, but just assumed he was probably being viewed as WR3 after Adams and Hill

he is. agent is on the meth. 

• Haha 2

One of the guys in my league just sobered up enough to realize he drafted two receivers from Cleveland and wants to trade off OBJ or Landry.  He's looking to exchange WR depth for WR depth. 

Any of mine you would offer for OBJ or Landry?  What are everyone's thoughts on OBJ this year?

I was thinking maybe Boyd since I have two CIN receivers and I feel like OBJ has more upside but does he or is that just old memories of the player he used to be with the Giants?  I only grabbed Boyd because he fell way too far and was a value pick.

12 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

One of the guys in my league just sobered up enough to realize he drafted two receivers from Cleveland and wants to trade off OBJ or Landry.  He's looking to exchange WR depth for WR depth. 

Any of mine you would offer for OBJ?  What are everyone's thoughts on him this year?

I was thinking maybe Boyd since I have two CIN receivers and I feel like OBJ has more upside but does he or is that just old memories of the player he used to be with the Giants?  I only grabbed Boyd because he fell way too far and was a value pick.

I would trade any of these guys for Jarvis Landry.

Ja'Marr Chase, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, Tyler Boyd

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I would trade any of these guys for Jarvis Landry.

Ja'Marr Chase, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, Tyler Boyd

You like Landry more than OBJ then, I guess.  Reminder, this is non-ppr.

5 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

You like Landry more than OBJ then, I guess.  Reminder, this is non-ppr.

2019 when both where healthy

Landry 83 for 1174 and 6 TD's, 14.1 per

ODB 74 for 1035 and 4 TD's, 14.0 per

Landry has gotten no looks the last couple years. Both WRs are slotted in like the 30s with OBJ ranked probably 5-7 spots higher 

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Landry has gotten no looks the last couple years. Both WRs are slotted in like the 30s with OBJ ranked probably 5-7 spots higher 

Landry has averaged 8.8 target per game since he got to Cleveland, 7.9 since Beckham got there.  Beckham has averaged 8.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Landry has averaged 8.8 target per game since he got to Cleveland, 7.9 since Beckham got there.  Beckham has averaged 8.

The Browns made a big leap forward as a franchise in 2020, but it came at the expense of Landry's usage and fantasy production. The 2014 second-round pick had handled at least 8.1 targets per game in five consecutive seasons and, despite Odell Beckham Jr. missing 10 games, Landry's targets fell to 6.7 per game in 2020. His WR33 fantasy finish was the worst of his seven-year career and came after five consecutive top-18 campaigns. Even more concerning, Landry had 32 targets in six full games with Beckham (5.3 per game) and was WR40 in fantasy (which would've been worse if not for a passing TD). The 28-year-old is a short-range target who doesn't score much in a run-first scheme. Especially with Beckham back, Landry is likely to cap out as a flex option.

Yeah the Browns WR's are trash. I had OBJ last year and he only had 1 good game (Cowboys) before he got injured. Landry was somehow worse.