I think the Eagles will be good this year and make the playoffs

ManchesterEagle

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The WFT has a long way to just to even get middle of the pack. They were in the bottom 10 in every offensive category last year except rushing TDs. matter of fact they were basically side by side with the eagles in almost all off them. THey were bottom 10 in sacks given up QBs hits and rushing yards per game, not sure where people are getting the WTF has a good oline stuff from ive seen multiple people say that now. I think they are going off a few years ago when they used to be good. 

Dak coming back will help but, even in the 5 games he played they were still 2-3. I see a lot of people complain that the Cowboys get hyped up to much and they get to much exposure and they always get picked to be great. Yet all i get is eagles fans telling me how great they are going to be

Exactly. This division is still a mess. Now every year is different and players can get better and teams can end up being better then they look on paper, but right now it looks like the winner of the division will be 10-7 or 9-8 and that team could easily be the Eagles.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 3:20 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Good is a relative term, but I could see us losing fewer games than Washington and coming away with a division championship. 

We don’t have to do better than everyone, we just have to do better than the other dumpster fires in the NFCE

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Yea, theyre not a dumpster fire. 

Redskins are a top 5 defense and a middle of pack Offense

Cowbous are a top 5 offense with a middle of pack Defense

Eagles are mid 20's in both, as are the giants

Eagles D was about 20th in both points and yards. Nelson and Harris should be big upgrades over what we had at CB2 and safety last year.

But the team, the coaches and Wentz all fell to pieces last year once the injuries started piling up. Just a regular set of injuries should result in a fair improvement over last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Cowboys had the number 1 offense in the NFL in 2018 and went 8-8. It takes a bit more cohesiveness to be a good team. And now they’re bringing the 27th defense (31st against the run) into 2021

Redskins specifically won the division due to Alex Smith. Their great defense with Dwayne Haskins was losing a lot of games.

Fitzmagic isn’t Haskins, but it remains to be seen if he’s Smith.

Appreciate the optimism but that was a very rosy opening post.  We could cite just as many reasons why every one of those items on the list could fail.  I prefer balance and to be more realistic but not overly negative either.

Pros:

• Some core veterans who know how to win and lead are still on the roster despite the major changes.
  • Enthusiasm with a new coach and system, young players excited to grow and prove themselves.
  • Hurts showed some positive things last year and his is already known for excellent work ethic, mental toughness and preparation.  I believe he will work hard and do everything in his power to succeed.
  • Backup QBs are solid.  You can't expect much more from the depth chart than a former SB winning starter, and a 6th round pick who was able to put up some decent stats on one of the worst teams in the league.
  • DaVonta Smith as a high 1st round pick at WR has real potential to be an impact player.
  • Dickerson, Gainwell and Williams seem like decent picks that could develop.
  • Jordan Mailata cemented himself as the starter and is an absolute beast.
  • Ertz is basically in a prove-it year to play for his next contract, and as a competitor wants to shake off last season.
  • I like Sanders at RB, he has a well rounded skill set.  I would like to see him step up this year and getting help from Gainwell and Scott hopefully helps.  (Will Siri commit to the running game?)
  • Defensive line continues to be solid and has some decent depth.
  • Adding Nelson at CB is a band aid to a very weak position, playing opposite Slay helps the corner position to improve.
  • Weak division continues to leave it wide open for all 4 teams.

Cons/Question marks:

• New coaches and scheme - no idea if they will work out or not, most new coaches fail.  
  • We've barely seen the starters play in a reduced preseason. Don't be surprised by extra rust and a rough start.
  • They're a team coming off a 4 win season in the worst division in football.  You expect improvement but this is also a big transition year.
  • Hurts is still only a 2nd year QB and relied too much on running last year.  He also didn't do well in the 2nd half of games.  But it's a small sample size.  And now he's in a new system in his 2nd season, so this is an evaluation year for him.  I like him, but young QBs do need time to develop and can't make judgment too soon.
  • Their WR group was hot garbage last year, and the only change is adding Smith.  Reagor looks like a JAG so far.  Fulgham went from "elite" to cut real fast.  The group is so bad, JJAW is still on the team.   Smith is talented, but is a twig and we have to see how he handles NFL hits and competition.  I hope he balls out, but one injury to him and the WR room is back to garbage like last year.
  • Sanders looked like he was ready to be a star, but hasn't reached his potential and had injury problems.  I think this is a prove-it year for him as well, or has he reached his ceiling?
  • The O line when healthy is really good.  But Brooks and Johnson both have had multiple injury issues, missed games and are only getting older.  And Howie has them locked up for years with dead money if they are cut so they're stuck with them.  Their backup plans include Dillard and Driscoll who have already had injury issues themselves and they're young.  So some question marks about health there as usual.
  • TE: someone earlier said it, we've said they have the best TE duo in the NFL ever since they drafted Goedert.  What has that accomplished?  Do the numbers prove that?  Ertz had a down year and contract dispute with Howie, he's disgruntled.  Goedert has shown flashes but also injury problems (like everyone on this team).  If this is Ertz' last year, Goedert will want an extension to be starter.  I think he's capable and ready, but he needs to show more this year.
  • Injuries: this team has had 4 years in a row of major injury problems.  Not just 1 or 2 years.  It's a real problem that plagues them.  Every team has injuries but the Eagles have had it really bad, and need to have a relatively healthy season for once.
  • The defense has spent a decade on band aid free agents covering for Howie's bad drafting.  The best they can say on defensive draft picks is Barnett who is an ok DE and a couple rotational backup defensive linemen.  They haven't drafted an impact player in the back 7 in 20 years.
  • The LBs have been a running joke for years.  They draft guys in the 3rd round or later or sign cheap free agent band-aids, they clearly don't value the position.  And that's fine if you have a better secondary but they are terrible drafting that too.  A couple guys have shown something lately but that's not saying much given the utter garbage at that group.  This fanbase would lose their minds if they would just finally draft a potential stud LB in the 1st round for once.  They haven't drafted a 1st round LB since 1979.  That's 42 years of not drafting a LB in the 1st round.  Absolutely ridiculous.

4 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Where are these rankings supported? Do you have a link? Thanks

5 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Dallas defense sucks and their offense is getting old. Skins offense needs a QB but we've seen defense carry average or even below average offenses to the SB and win it 🤷‍♂️

I think 8-9 is the best they can do. Hope I'm wrong, but they have a lot to prove on the field.

21 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Absolutely ridiculous.

Just like the length of this post

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Eagles Bias strikes again

You are confusing bias with someone pointing out how your hot take is actually hot garbage. Don't worry it happens.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Sounds like a bet since you're doubting my prediction 

100 the skins have a better D than the Eagles

100 the cowboys have a better O than the Eagles. 

It sounds like you don't want to answer the question that was asked. Normally when folks evade the actual question that's asked, you have your answer. 

On another note, I am more than prepared to take a bet. I got the Eagles finishing either 1st or 2nd in the division. What would you feel comfortable losing? 

We have a solid Dline but nothing behind it. Teams are going to score in droves on us. 

Our number one offensive weapon is a rookie. A great pick to be sure but still a rookie. We don't have a RB that can just take 25 snaps a game and ground and pound up and down the field while winning the TOP game. We have three backup QBs. We have zero depth. Yeah TE is solid and so are the lines. We pick top ten is my guess. 

On 8/30/2021 at 3:45 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'll never get used to it and when they go to 18 I'll become even more uninterested. 

I'll probably view it as 16 games -- and 4 preseason games even if the first two games are not labeled as such. I'm expecting pretty sloppy for at least the first regular season game, probably 2 regular season games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Ill bet 100. that they dont finish in the top 2 in the division. 

And I didnt invade the question, you asked an impossible question. It was a prediction. A prediction that must be accurate because you ignored both those bets and came up with a totally different one. 

Yawns

Slow down, you're all over the place. You stated about 6 different things in your statement and only asked to bet 2 of them

The problem is, you're not paying attention. I never said the Eagles would have a better offense than the Cowboys or a better Defense than Washington.. so why would I bet that? Why didn't you offer to bet the Eagles have a better offense than Washington or a better defense than Dallas? I simply asked you a question and instead of throwing out bets, you could have just answered it like you finally did. You gotta relax, bro

I came up with a bet that actually matters. Wins and losses are what matters. That $100 bet is accepted. Can I PM you so we can exchange emails or numbers (text purposes)? That's easy money for me (I am open to adding more if you're comfortable with that). 

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

It's a hot take that a team who finished 4th in defense last year is gonna be a top 5 defense this year? LOL

Or the team that won the division last year, who got a better QB, is going to be better then the team who had 5 wins, got a new HC, NEW OC, New DC and a NEW QB... WHOA HOT TAKE LOL

It is a hot take that a team with the 30th offense in the league is somehow going to be 'middle of the pack' when all they did was add a journeyman QB who couldnt beat out a rookie that the team is looking to get rid of already, a middle of the road WR and replaced their best OL with a rookie. A hot take is pumping that team up as a division winner when they had a difficult time winning the last game of the season to make it into the playoffs, even when they team they played against clearly gave up and tried to throw the game.

It is a hot take that a team with one of the worst defenses in the league is somehow going to be 'middle of the pack' when they did nothing for the defensive line and decided to add to their LBs through the draft when that was already the strength of their team. The only thing that they did that will probably help is replacing their defensive coach. Getting Dak will help, but they were 2-3 when he played and their defense was still god awful.

It is just pure Eagles hatred, or another stupid hot take of 'Look at me I am a supposed fan of the Eagles and I rag on them because I think I am realist or a pseudo wannabe intellect', to look at the Eagles and think that this team is the same as last year. To ignore the factors on why they were a 5 win team (infighting on the team, a childish franchise QB, 14 different OL configurations, bad schemes) and yet they were still in every game when they played against teams in the East. It is a hot take to not look at this division and think that any team coule probably win it and the winner would most likely have a 9-8 or 10-7 record. Yes, they have a rookie HC and a young coaching staff and yes they have a unproven QB and yes they have a difficult start of the season and yes it can all blow up in their face, but to ignore the other parts and factors of this team is silly.

To say that the other teams in the division look better then they actually are is either pure ignorance or just plain stupid. I vote for the latter.

So much uncertainty is surrounding this team right now I don’t see how anyone can look at this team and think they will succeed. The constant injuries, the meddlesome front office, possible yes man coach, major questions at quarterback, running back, and wide receivers. The hope is that the defense is much better and can keep this team in games, because I feel like this offense is going to struggle early to get on the same page. 

A functioning QB and a first round pick that contributes will be a major upgrade on last year, but I'd be surprised if we made much headway on last year, if Dak's fully healthy The Cowboys are better than they were for most of last year when they finished ahead of us playing absolute bums and the tail end of Andy Dalton's career, I expect Dallas to improve their record.

Dwayne Haskins is a horrible QB and Alex Smith didn't do much except stand under center a few games last year, while their defense held teams to low scores, Fitzpatrick isn't an elite QB but he's got more arm and accuracy than either of last years options, their pass rush is up there with the best in the league, I expect WFT's record to improve.

The Giants are the Giants, I think they're in the middle of discovering they've already seen the ceiling of Daniel Jones, but they still gave us two tough games last year.

Meantime we have Hurts who's in his first season as 'the guy', Smith who I think is legit and has improved our receivers room already and the same band of disappointments we had last season behind him, Sanders who looks great but can't handle a heavy workload,  decent lines if they're all healthy but we still look light in the secondary.  I wouldn't bet on a divisional title, I don't know how anyone could

21 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Just like the length of this post

Your mom sure liked the length of my long post last night.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

So much uncertainty is surrounding this team right now I don’t see how anyone can look at this team and think they will succeed. The constant injuries, the meddlesome front office, possible yes man coach, major questions at quarterback, running back, and wide receivers. The hope is that the defense is much better and can keep this team in games, because I feel like this offense is going to struggle early to get on the same page. 

They will struggle, especially early on. They may never find their footing all year. Siri is a first time head coach and there is a lot of youth both in the team and the coaches. We have no idea how he will handle controversy.

With that said they do play in the NFC East with a collection of some of the worst teams in the league and most of their games in the division are late in the year.

They have a chance at making the playoffs because of that.

To think that any team in the NFC East has really gotten better is laughable at best. Any one of these teams could be the last one standing at the end of the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

To think that any team in the NFC East has really gotten better is laughable at best. Any one of these teams could be the last one standing at the end of the year.

I think every team in the East improved.

Dallas is supposedly healthy which was a major factor in their downfall.

WFT has improved at the QB position.

NY has more offensive weapons and a better Oline.

The Eagle's Oline is healthy, secondary, LBs, and offensive skill positions have more talent. They're also the team with the most question marks as we've yet to see much on the field. This also makes them the hardest to extrapolate. They don't seem to have offensive firepower of Dallas or the defensive talent of WFT. But who knows?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kentwo said:

I think every team in the East improved.

Dallas is supposedly healthy which was a major factor in their downfall.

WFT has improved at the QB position.

NY has more offensive weapons and a better Oline.

The Eagle's Oline is healthy, secondary, LBs, and offensive skill positions have more talent. They're also the team with the most question marks as we've yet to see much on the field. This also makes them the hardest to extrapolate. They don't seem to have offensive firepower of Dallas or the defensive talent of WFT. But who knows?

Dallas has changed out Nolan for Quinn and hopes that he was the problem with the defense, even though it has been them putting too much emphasis in the wrong positions. Dan Quinn might not be enough to help them out and they will need to rely on Dak, who is coming back from a brutal injury, to be able to outscore teams and it might not be enough. It wasnt enough in the first 5 games they played, where he and the offense was scoring lights out and went 2-3 (should have been 1-4 if not for a miracle onside kick recovery).

Fitzpatrick is probably the most overrated journeyman QB I have ever seen. Wherever he ends up going, he ends up starting and everyone says how great he is and then 3 games into the season he is throwing 4 picks and making dumb mistakes and the team is looking at the backup. What Fitz is good at is being a backup and coming in at spurts to help a team over a 1 or 2 game spot. There is a reason why this is his 9th team in 16 years. 

NY brought in Golladay who produced decent numbers with a really good and underrated QB. What kind of impact will he really have with Daniel Jones? Saquon Barkley being back is a boost for the Giants, but their offensive line is such a mess that they had to trade for 2 new players on the line just a couple of days ago. If anyone gets even a little dinged on that line, they will look worst then what the Eagles backups did in that preseason game against the Patriots. I am pretty sure the Giants have the worst offensive line in football and Washington is not that far behind.

The Eagles are at least talented on both sides on the lines. The issue is their youth at both the skill positions and coaching and old at the offensive and defensive lines which tends to be injured more often then not.

The one thing you are absolutely right on is who knows. The NFC East is the worst division in football right now.

8 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Dallas has changed out Nolan for Quinn and hopes that he was the problem with the defense, even though it has been them putting too much emphasis in the wrong positions. Dan Quinn might not be enough to help them out and they will need to rely on Dak, who is coming back from a brutal injury, to be able to outscore teams and it might not be enough. It wasnt enough in the first 5 games they played, where he and the offense was scoring lights out and went 2-3 (should have been 1-4 if not for a miracle onside kick recovery).

Fitzpatrick is probably the most overrated journeyman QB I have ever seen. Wherever he ends up going, he ends up starting and everyone says how great he is and then 3 games into the season he is throwing 4 picks and making dumb mistakes and the team is looking at the backup. What Fitz is good at is being a backup and coming in at spurts to help a team over a 1 or 2 game spot. There is a reason why this is his 9th team in 16 years. 

NY brought in Golladay who produced decent numbers with a really good and underrated QB. What kind of impact will he really have with Daniel Jones? Saquon Barkley being back is a boost for the Giants, but their offensive line is such a mess that they had to trade for 2 new players on the line just a couple of days ago. If anyone gets even a little dinged on that line, they will look worst then what the Eagles backups did in that preseason game against the Patriots. I am pretty sure the Giants have the worst offensive line in football and Washington is not that far behind.

The Eagles are at least talented on both sides on the lines. The issue is their youth at both the skill positions and coaching and old at the offensive and defensive lines which tends to be injured more often then not.

The one thing you are absolutely right on is who knows. The NFC East is the worst division in football right now.

I don't think people actually look at other teams they just see what they did on ESPN and assume they are better. 

I love that they say the Oline for the giants is improved ... Well they were one of the worst lines in the league they have no choice but to get better. Does not mean they will be good just better. Not to mention Fitzpatrick behind the worst line in the league even worse then the giants

I laughed when they said WFT improved at QB. In what world do we live in that Fitzpatrick is an improvement over Alex Smith?? 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't think people actually look at other teams they just see what they did on ESPN and assume they are better. 

I love that they say the Oline for the giants is improved ... Well they were one of the worst lines in the league they have no choice but to get better. Does not mean they will be good just better. 

I laughed when they said WFT improved at QB. In what world do we live in that Fitzpatrick is an improvement over Alex Smith?? 

I think you are correct on that. Nobody really pays attention to anything else and then plays follow the leader when it comes to Eagles. They either say how great they are and how they will destroy all the teams in their path or they play the Eeyore card and talk about how terrible the Eagles are and how the great the Cowboys/WFT/Giants are and how they will just trounce the Eagles.

The truth is that all of these teams suck, none were really trending up at the end of the year, and the only team to do any wholesale changes in the offseason were the Eagles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pallidrone said:

I think you are correct on that. Nobody really pays attention to anything else and then plays follow the leader when it comes to Eagles. They either say how great they are and how they will destroy all the teams in their path or they play the Eeyore card and talk about how terrible the Eagles are and how the great the Cowboys/WFT/Giants are and how they will just trounce the Eagles.

The truth is that all of these teams suck, none were really trending up at the end of the year, and the only team to do any wholesale changes in the offseason were the Eagles.

The WTF need their defense to be one of those once in a generation types to compete with that putrid offense. Especially since they went from a QB that took care of the ball for an erratic turnover machine. They got a lot worse in my opinion. 

So that leaves the other 3 that did get better in some areas but, not enough to make them better then anyone else in the division. 

Are you talking playoffs?

Watch us go 3-0 at the start of the season...

I'm talking playoffs.