Cam Newton (ex-Patriots QB) -- SIGNED WITH CAROLINA

Captain F

I do not want Cam, but some yahoo on here is going to start this, so it might as well be me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cam>flacco. I’d take him as the veteran qb over what we currently have. Closer skill set to hurts too so if he came it we could run the same scheme.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Cam>flacco. I’d take him as the veteran qb over what we currently have. Closer skill set to hurts too so if he came it we could run the same scheme.

15 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Also would rather us get him than the cowboys 

Valid points. The main question is if he'll willingly mentor Hurts as the QB2 since you're talking about a guy who's used to starting compared to Flacco who's now become used to life as a backup?

1 minute ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Valid points. The main question is if he'll willingly mentor Hurts as the QB2 since you're talking about a guy who's used to starting compared to Flacco who's now become used to life as a backup?

Very true. Cam might want to go somewhere he can compete to start. But also remember he had nothing but positive things to say about hurts. Actually called him little bro I think.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Cam Newton as a mentor.  what are the odds that happens??

I mean look... I'm not advocating that they bring in Newton but this move would make more sense than bringing in Flacco or trading for Minshew. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look... I'm not advocating that they bring in Newton but this move would make more sense than bringing in Flacco or trading for Minshew. 

We had a lot of QB controversy in 2020. The last thing we need this year is more of that crap. That is why we brought in Flacco to be the #2. The Minshew trade is interesting because he was pretty cheap. When you consider what we were able to get in trades from Feeley, Kolb, Foles and Bradford, what we paid for Minshew was pennies. Don't be surprised if the Eagles are hoping for a chance to flip him for a better pick in time. 

9 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We had a lot of QB controversy in 2020. The last thing we need this year is more of that crap. That is why we brought in Flacco to be the #2. The Minshew trade is interesting because he was pretty cheap. When you consider what we were able to get in trades from Feeley, Kolb, Foles and Bradford, what we paid for Minshew was pennies. Don't be surprised if the Eagles are hoping for a chance to flip him for a better pick in time. 

QB FactoryzzZzz

Sorry couldn't help it

15 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

What skill set is that? Not being able to throw for sheet? Can't say running because that is why Cam can't hold a job anymore, he can't run for anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Minshew has more mobility then Cam at this point and can at least pass with some accuracy. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Minshew has more mobility then Cam at this point and can at least pass with some accuracy. 

To be fair Minshew threw 66.1 completion last year and Newton was 65.8 so that's a wash,  and Newton had 137 rushing attempts at 4.4 yards a carry with 12 TD's so the mobility thing probably doesn't stand up either, his decision making was certainly spotty but he was coming off a major injury so he was always going to be rusty.

Newton is tarred by playing on the worst Patriot's team I can remember, certainly this century, but if you could persuade him to play a back up role with a potential to come in if Hurts flames out, it's definitely arguable he'd be a better option than Minshew or Flacco in terms of similarity to the starters skill set.

24 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

To be fair Minshew threw 66.1 completion last year and Newton was 65.8 so that's a wash,  and Newton had 137 rushing attempts at 4.4 yards a carry with 12 TD's so the mobility thing probably doesn't stand up either, his decision making was certainly spotty but he was coming off a major injury so he was always going to be rusty.

Newton is tarred by playing on the worst Patriot's team I can remember, certainly this century, but if you could persuade him to play a back up role with a potential to come in if Hurts flames out, it's definitely arguable he'd be a better option than Minshew or Flacco in terms of similarity to the starters skill set.

Can was also used as a glorified goal line running back last year. It was is lowest yards per carry he has had in his career to go along with 6 fumbles. 

This was also only the second time in his 10 year  career that he threw over a 62% completion percentage. He is a career 60%. This is also the lowest amount of times he has thrown in his career so it's a good possibility that helped him. Also probably explains only throwing for 8 TDs and 10 interceptions. So he would probably fall back to earth if he is asked to throw more at this stage. 

I don't want any of them so there is that lol. 

• Like 1

This is a waste of a topic. Not going to happen and rightfully so. 

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What skill set is that? Not being able to throw for sheet? Can't say running because that is why Cam can't hold a job anymore, he can't run for anymore. 

After watching the pre season, flacco also can’t throw anymore. He has also never been mobile. Even if cam isn’t as mobile he is still more so than flacco. Stick by my statement. Cam>flacco.

23 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

After watching the pre season, flacco also can’t throw anymore. He has also never been mobile. Even if cam isn’t as mobile he is still more so than flacco. Stick by my statement. Cam>flacco.

i get it and all but, they wont add him now with those 3 here. Cam will probably be on the market until some teams QB implodes or gets hurt

Flacco is gonna end up 3rd string anyways or cut

32 minutes ago, time2rock said:

GTFOH with this!

Newton2.PNG.8cbb425a6eba9deea32f582f847ac107.PNGNewton.PNG.4ebab129e56aaeff9c2cb474e816c226.PNG

that is exactly what this team has been missing, another clown show of a QB with a new coach and QB in front of him. Make it stop!!!!!! lol

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, time2rock said:

GTFOH with this!

Newton2.PNG.8cbb425a6eba9deea32f582f847ac107.PNGNewton.PNG.4ebab129e56aaeff9c2cb474e816c226.PNG

Minshew could give him a few pointers when it comes to style

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

i get it and all but, they wont add him now with those 3 here. Cam will probably be on the market until some teams QB implodes or gets hurt

Flacco is gonna end up 3rd string anyways or cut

Picking him up would also keep him off the cowboys. He would be a problem with the players they have there. better than cam has had anywhere at any point in his career.

I’m content with hurts and minshew as 1 and 2.. don’t want cam so he can start. But he is a better depth player than flacco and there are more reasons to do it than not to. 

6 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Picking him up would also keep him off the cowboys. He would be a problem with the players they have there. better than cam has had anywhere at any point in his career.

I’m content with hurts and minshew as 1 and 2.. don’t want cam so he can start. But he is a better depth player than flacco and there are more reasons to do it than not to. 

I just read why he was cut... He became a distraction with the covid stuff. Yeah I'm not risking a 3rd stringer  breaking protocols and putting players at risk and still dont bother getting the vaccine. I'm not effing up my QB room by having them all have to sit out because he wants to go out and party like nothing is going on. 

35 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I just read why he was cut... He became a distraction with the covid stuff. Yeah I'm not risking a 3rd stringer  breaking protocols and putting players at risk and still dont bother getting the vaccine. I'm not effing up my QB room by having them all have to sit out because he wants to go out and party like nothing is going on. 

You got a link for that? A lot of speculation going on rn. Could be accurate but could be bs. 

we already have our leaders. He isn’t coming in here and gonna be a top dog. He already showed love for the guy he is going to mentor potentially also. 

Him being a distraction as a third stringer is an assumption. Him being better than flacco was proven this off-season. 

now I don’t think he takes a contract where the situation doesn’t give him a chance at the starting role, but if he does you gotta sign him.