Cam Newton (ex-Patriots QB) -- SIGNED WITH CAROLINA

Captain F

26 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

You got a link for that? A lot of speculation going on rn. Could be accurate but could be bs. 

we already have our leaders. He isn’t coming in here and gonna be a top dog. He already showed love for the guy he is going to mentor potentially also. 

Him being a distraction as a third stringer is an assumption. Him being better than flacco was proven this off-season. 

now I don’t think he takes a contract where the situation doesn’t give him a chance at the starting role, but if he does you gotta sign him. 

"Why did the Patriots release Cam Newton? How Mac Jones, COVID vaccine reportedly led to surprise cut | Sporting News" https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/cam-newton-release-vaccination-mac-jones/ph2tbbbp9wv91kdqtny02dztc

It's not just a few reporters and what not it's a lot of people saying the same thing. 

This is what I was saying before even reading that guys tweet. 👇

Screenshot_20210901-130611.png

Maybe the Eagles should field a tram with nothing but quarterbacks to really set off that QB Factory. 😂

If I were Cam I’d wait to sign until a team actually loses a quarterback. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He's a terrible teammate and a selfish player.   So yeah you can take him and the both of you can go to Dallas.  That'd be great.  

Sightseer Tramcars | The Wildwoods, NJ

Like this one?  

Yeah he was such a POS when he openly praised Jalen Hurts and said nothing but positive things about him. Think first, then write your little piece. That’d be great. 🤣🤣🤣 

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Could you contradict yourself anymore ?  

Real Eagle fans wouldn't want him "off the Cowboys"....just for the reason in bold.  

You’re saying real Eagles fans would want the cowboys to be good? I think you misunderstood what you quoted. I said he would be a problem. By that I meant he would make their team better with the players they have. 

Ignoring that Dallas has talent doesn’t make you more of an Eagles fan lmao. Also doesn’t make me less of an Eagle fan that I don’t want players that will make the cowboys better to go to the cowboys. Makes no sense.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He's a terrible teammate and a selfish player.   So yeah you can take him and the both of you can go to Dallas.  That'd be great.  

Like this one?  

They would probably tackle better. 😂

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Like this one?  

I'd love for him to go to the cowboys and start

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'd love for him to go to the cowboys and start

Over dak, I’d love that too. Agree with you there. 

If it comes down to cooper rush or cam Newton, I’d rather the cowgirls play cooper rush cause he sucks more. 

8 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Over dak, I’d love that too. Agree with you there. 

If it comes down to cooper rush or cam Newton, I’d rather the cowgirls play cooper rush cause he sucks more. 

They both suck.

3 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I agree. But joe flacco sucks more.

Couldnt disagree more. Im not a Flacco guy BUT Newton has had only one decent season in his career and he had a top defense to help him out. Cam Newton Blows

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Couldnt disagree more. Im not a Flacco guy BUT Newton has had only one decent season in his career and he had a top defense to help him out. Cam Newton Blows

Pretty sure the ravens had a top defense just about every year flacco was there. So not sure how you think cam was carried but flacco wasn’t. Flacco had Ed reed and ray lewis amongst others at the same time. 

Cam has played 10 years and flacco has played 13. If you project the stats cam has put up already over a 13 year career he completely blows flacco out. Right now flacco has 61% career completion percentage and cam has 60%. But last year cam was 65% and flacco was 55%. I want the 65% on my squad.

That higher completion percentage also has more career rushing tds than some hall of fame running backs with 70. Flacco has 16 in 13 years. 

And before you say flacco won a ring and cam didn’t… Trent dilfer won a ring, doesn’t make him better than Dan Marino. 

cam>flacco

Pretty sure the ravens had a top defense just about every year flacco was there. So not sure how you think cam was carried but flacco wasn’t. Flacco had Ed reed and ray lewis amongst others at the same time. 

Cam has played 10 years and flacco has played 13. If you project the stats cam has put up already over a 13 year career he completely blows flacco out. Right now flacco has 61% career completion percentage and cam has 60%. But last year cam was 65% and flacco was 55%. I want the 65% on my squad.

That higher completion percentage also has more career rushing tds than some hall of fame running backs with 70. Flacco has 16 in 13 years. 

And before you say flacco won a ring and cam didn’t… Trent dilfer won a ring, doesn’t make him better than Dan Marino. 

cam>flacco

They are both trash BUT Flacco pulled off the SB so he edges out Cam in the Trash QB department. 

23 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

They are both trash BUT Flacco pulled off the SB so he edges out Cam in the Trash QB department. 

Flacco had one of the best runs to the super bowl in history and won MVP. The defense was not a bigger factor in the championship as their first one

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He’s a cancer.  He won’t make the Cowboys better because he will bring drama to their locker room.  You’re not smart.  

If you think the current cowboys back up qb is better than cam Newton you are straight retarded. Former nfl mvp with 65% completion as a starter last year vs a guy with virtually no nfl stats to reference. Lmao.

cam would be a second or third string qb in these scenarios. He wasn’t a distraction for the patriots last year as the starter so why would he be one as the back up somewhere else? Stupid statement. 

the only article anyone has posted says that the patriots were worried cam would be a distraction FOR THEM because he was the leader of the team the year before and the rookie was now taking over. 

24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Flacco had one of the best runs to the super bowl in history and won MVP. The defense was not a bigger factor in the championship as their first one

I agree with you. Man had ice in his veins that whole playoff run. Was historic, almost as good as foles. Almost. Was just pointing out that recently cam has been better and has also done more with less stat wise in his career. Clearly flacco has the higher accolade with the sb win. Cam had Devin funchess Ted Ginn jr and kelvin benjamin in the sb and flacco had Torrey smith, anquon bolden, and jacoby jones. Cam also played again Peyton Manning.

never said the defense was better than their first one. Just said it was better than the defense the panthers fielded in the super bowl, and it was. 

7 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

If you think the current cowboys back up qb is better than cam Newton you are straight retarded. Former nfl mvp with 65% completion as a starter last year vs a guy with virtually no nfl stats to reference. Lmao.

cam would be a second or third string qb in these scenarios. He wasn’t a distraction for the patriots last year as the starter so why would he be one as the back up somewhere else? Stupid statement. 

the only article anyone has posted says that the patriots were worried cam would be a distraction FOR THEM because he was the leader of the team the year before and the rookie was now taking over. 

I agree with you. Man had ice in his veins that whole playoff run. Was historic, almost as good as foles. Almost. Was just pointing out that recently cam has been better and has also done more with less stat wise in his career. Clearly flacco has the higher accolade with the sb win. Cam had Devin funchess Ted Ginn jr and kelvin benjamin in the sb and flacco had Torrey smith, anquon bolden, and jacoby jones. Cam also played again Peyton Manning.

never said the defense was better than their first one. Just said it was better than the defense the panthers fielded in the super bowl, and it was. 

Nope, Panthers defense were ranked #6 on there super run and the Ravens were ranked 12th. If you wanna talk just yards then panthers 6th Ravens 17th. 

Peyton Manning was horrific that year if it wasn't for who he was he should of been benched for Brock Osweiler

Panthers had the #1 ranked offense that year obviously his weapons weren't that bad. Broncos had the #19th ranked offense. 

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Because he wants to be the starter you dope.   A.) he sucks B.) he’s a dooooosh C.) he’s not gonna want to sit behind Hurts or anyone.  Of course he wasn’t a distraction last year.  He was starting.  JFC.  I have been on the EMB for 2 decades.  You’re one of the dumbest poster I have come across.  No offense.  

It’s hard to take offense when you’re calling me stupid but your reply is full of spelling errors and you are clearly missing the point. 

We have been talking about a hypothetical scenario where Cam is on different teams and how much they would make them better. I’ve never once said him coming here is realistic or that he would do it. Just said he would be a better #3 for us than flacco. 

That’s like the 5th thing in this thread that you have quoted and clearly misunderstood. Constantly saying he would be a distraction and now it’s "of course he wasn’t a distraction”. So at best you’re making an assumption that he would act a certain way in a scenario you have never seen him in. Keep it up bud you’re looking real smart right now. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nope, Panthers defense were ranked #6 on there super run and the Ravens were ranked 12th. If you wanna talk just yards then panthers 6th Ravens 17th. 

Peyton Manning was horrific that year if it wasn't for who he was he should of been benched for Brock Osweiler

Panthers had the #1 ranked offense that year obviously his weapons weren't that bad. Broncos had the #19th ranked offense. 

Those are actually some good stats/numbers to see. Didn’t realize they were ranked that way. Looks Like the Panthers fielded the better statistical team. 

I also agree with the Panthers having the #1 offense. But that was 100% because of Cam only. He won MVP that year. His weapons were that bad, he just put everyone on his back. 

some good points.

7 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Those are actually some good stats/numbers to see. Didn’t realize they were ranked that way. Looks Like the Panthers fielded the better statistical team. 

I also agree with the Panthers having the #1 offense. But that was 100% because of Cam only. He won MVP that year. His weapons were that bad, he just put everyone on his back. 

some good points.

Still no lol. Greg Olsen had 1100 yds and 7 TD's Ted Ginn had  800 yards and 10 TDs . Funchess as a rookie had 500 yards and 5 TDs. 

Jonathan Stewert and Mike's Tolbert combined for 1400 yds and 7 TDs 

I agree Cam had an excellent year and he deserved the MVP he got but, he had one of the best defenses in the league ( like McNabb used too) a fantastic running game and an elite tight end. He had a pretty good line that year too 

49 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Still no lol. Greg Olsen had 1100 yds and 7 TD's Ted Ginn had  800 yards and 10 TDs . Funchess as a rookie had 500 yards and 5 TDs. 

Jonathan Stewert and Mike's Tolbert combined for 1400 yds and 7 TDs 

I agree Cam had an excellent year and he deserved the MVP he got but, he had one of the best defenses in the league ( like McNabb used too) a fantastic running game and an elite tight end. He had a pretty good line that year too 

Naw you’re wrong there. Your defensive point is valid but cam carries that offense that year.

35 passing tds with 3800 passing yards and no wrs over 1000. Tedd Ginny next best season he has 5 tds at wr. It was an outlier year that he had because cam was going off. 500 and 5 is ok for a rookie. 

For both rbs you listed, neither ran over 1000 yards. Cam had more rushing tds than both of them. You literally have to combine their stats to even be able to compare them to cam. Though Stewart had like 300 more yards than cam that’s not very impressive as he is the rb and cam is a qb. His starting rb had 6 tds and under 1000 yards, that is not at all fantastic. Next guy had under 500 and 1 td.  

You’re wrong on this one.

Naw you’re wrong there. Your defensive point is valid but cam carries that offense that year.

35 passing tds with 3800 passing yards and no wrs over 1000. Tedd Ginny next best season he has 5 tds at wr. It was an outlier year that he had because cam was going off. 500 and 5 is ok for a rookie. 

For both rbs you listed, neither ran over 1000 yards. Cam had more rushing tds than both of them. You literally have to combine their stats to even be able to compare them to cam. Though Stewart had like 300 more yards than cam that’s not very impressive as he is the rb and cam is a qb. His starting rb had 6 tds and under 1000 yards, that is not at all fantastic. Next guy had under 500 and 1 td.  

You’re wrong on this one.

OMFG who cares about Cam Newton. I'm done arguing about a QB that has nothing to do with the Eagles 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

OMFG who cares about Cam Newton. I'm done arguing about a QB that has nothing to do with the Eagles 

Yeah I agree with you there lol. Waste of time at this point. 

58 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m not missing the point.  You think Cam Newton as a backup is a good idea.  That’s a dumb point.  So, that means you’re dumb.  

you contradicted your own argument, misquoted me and others and still don’t seem to grasp the idea that I’ve never wanted cam as the qb2 in Philly. Say less, a lot less. 

I feel like I’m losing brain cells talking to you, so I’m just going to stop lmao. 🤣

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He’s not smart 

Yeah.  It’s everyone but you.  Moron.  

Cam is a better football player right now than Flacco. Anyone who doesn’t think that needs to get their head looked at. Flacco was 55% last year and absolute trash in the pre season. 

You said it yourself cam wasn’t a distraction last year. If he ever signed here (never said he would) he would know damn well he isn’t the starter and not competing for it. It’s jalens job no question. That’s exactly why he won’t sign here. 

Did cam make noise when the pats drafted a qb in round 1? No he didnt. The distraction label was legit at one point but it’s bs at this point in his career. If you think him wearing stupid clothes to the press conference is a distraction then you need to get a better argument. On top of that they don’t interview third string qbs so he wouldn’t even be seen like that. 

You’re either dumb af or just trolling. But you know that 65% is higher that 55% right? Having mobility is better than not having it, right? 

Maybe read everything twice so it doesn’t go right over your head? 🤣

24 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Cam wasn’t a backup, last year.  GD.  You’re dense.   

Did he make noise when they drafted a QB in round 1?  He didn’t go to the press.  But there’s a reason why he got released.  If he was such a great option to be QB2 why did the Pats let him go?  I would trust BB over some moron on a message board.  A real Eagle fan would want Dallas to pick him up so he can go create drama over there.  We don’t need it and we don’t need him.  

Think about what you’re saying. You’re both saying he doesn’t want to be a back up and that he would be drama in Dallas as a back up. If anything he would likely come in and just play his part and basically audition for a team like the Texans or another team he actually had a legit shot to start. 

The patriots have also said why they released him, you can look that up. It’s also posted above and you quoted it. They basically said the dynamic would be weird because most of the guys followed Cam as the leader last year and now the front office is essentially saying "now follow this guy instead”. Some guys would still prefer cam whether cam did anything or not. It’s really not hard to see because it’s literally out there to read. 

I agree we don’t need him. We don’t really need any 3rd string qb imo. But if we are keeping one and we had the choice, I’m putting cam there over flacco. Because of facts, not assumptions.