2021 Practice Squad

time2rock

Creating a thread to document all practice squad signings.  

UPDATED 4:16PM

PS.JPG.6838ced050f177af81bfd732c8cd590b.JPG

Eagles news tracker: Practice squad signings, waiver claims, roster updates

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton  Updated Sep 1, 2021, 1:43pm EDT 

The Eagles’ roster is down to the 53-player limit after making 22 moves ahead of Tuesday’s deadline. Philadelphia’s work is far from done, though.

Wednesday’s action involves the NFL waiver wire and the formation of a 16-player practice squad (17 including international exemption DE Matt Leo). The Eagles rank sixth in the waiver claim process so Howie Roseman will almost certainly be looking to add a player or two or three that have been let go by another team. We’ll officially find out the results after the claiming period ends at 4:00 PM ET. Teams can also officially begin forming practice squads at that time. UPDATE: The NFL’s own media resource website still says 4:00 PM but apparently the claiming period actually ends at 12:00 PM with practice squad formation beginning at 1:00 PM.

Keep track of the Eagles roster moves below. Check back often for the latest news and updates.

EAGLES PRACTICE SQUAD MEMBERS

S Elijah Riley

OG Kayode Awosika

RB Jason Huntley

CB Craig James

DT Marvin Wilson

C Ross Pierschbacher

OT Le’Raven Clark

S JaCoby Stevens

CB Michael Jacquet III

OG Sua Opeta

DE Matt Leo (exemption)

EAGLES WAIVER CLAIMS

None!

UPDATES

[1:58 PM ET] - The Eagles are reportedly bringing S Elijah Riley back on the practice squad. There was thought Riley might make the team. He’ll probably be elevated to the game day roster early on in the season with K’Von Wallace banged up and Rodney McLeod coming off injury. Figures to help out on special teams. (Source: Dave Zangaro)

[1:42 PM ET] - The Eagles are reportedly bringing OG Kayode Awosika back on the practice squad. Good to be able to retain him. Showed some promise this summer, thought he might be worth stashing on the roster. (Source: Mike Kaye)

[1:31 PM ET] - The Eagles are reportedly bringing RB Jason Huntley and CB Craig James back on the practice squad. Both players were thought to be on the roster bubble. Huntley had a good summer before getting hurt and James was a special teams co-captain for Philly last year. (Source: Mike Kaye)

[1:27 PM ET] - The Eagles are reportedly signing DT Marvin Wilson to their practice squad. First new addition we’re hearing about. Wilson signed with the Cleveland Browns as a UDFA after going undrafted out of Florida State. Interesting that the Browns didn’t retain him on their roster after giving him a significant $192,000 guarantee. Their loss is the Eagles’ gain as Philly needed some more DT depth. (Source: John Clark)

[1:07 PM ET] - The Eagles are reportedly bringing OL Ross Piershbacher and DE Matt Leo (international exemption, doesn’t count towards the 16-player limit) back to the practice squad. (Source: Mike Kaye)

[1:05 PM ET] - The Eagles are reportedly bringing OT Le’Raven Clark back to the practice squad. Good to be able to retain him, considering he’s a more inspiring option than Andre Dillard. Clark reportedly drew interest from other teams, so one would think the Eagles paid him more than the minimum to stick around. (Source: Ian Rapoport)

[1:01 PM ET] - The Eagles are reportedly bringing S JaCoby Stevens back to the practice squad. Stevens was the only of the Eagles’ nine picks from the 2021 NFL Draft to not make the 53-man roster. (Source: Dave Zangaro)

[12:48 PM ET] - The Eagles are reportedly bringing CB Michael Jacquet II back to the practice squad. He was seeing first team reps at CB2 all the way back in OTAs. Did not have a good summer, though. (Source: Dave Zangaro)

[12:43 PM ET] - The Eagles are reportedly bringing OG Sua Opeta back to the practice squad. He’s been with Philly since originally signing as a UDFA in 2019. Gives the Eagles more depth at guard. (Source: Dave Zangaro)

[12:42 PM ET] - The Eagles didn’t successfully claim any players from waivers. They also didn’t have any of their waived players claimed elsewhere.

[9:09 AM ET] - While we wait for some updates, make sure to check out these links: Official: Eagles announce 22 roster moves to get down to 53 players | First look at the Eagles’ 2021 depth chart | Howie Roseman, Nick Sirianni talk Eagles’ roster cuts and decisions.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/9/1/22651984/eagles-news-tracker-practice-squad-signings-waiver-claims-roster-updates-nfl-philadelphia-cuts-bgn

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I’m guessing Hightower is added to the PS. 

Hope so.  

They actually will get to carry 17 guys since Matt Leo gets an exemption.

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Gonna update the OP with the squad ??

Just did.  I was driving home from work.  My commute is 65 miles and it was even longer time wise than usual due to the weather.  

38 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

@time2rock here's the latest if you want to move it to the top.  Thanks for wrangling this again today.

Thanks buddy ... just did.  

• Like 1

15 of 16 spots filled thus far (or are we actually able to have 17 since Leo is an exemption?).  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Thanks buddy ... just did.  

I think you have 1 to many threads you are turning into JPHOF 

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think you have 1 to many threads you are turning into JPHOF 

You think this is bad go check out 411!  :lol:

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

You think this is bad go check out 411!  :lol:

Oh I've seen it then turned right back around and went home lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Just did.  I was driving home from work.  My commute is 65 miles and it was even longer time wise than usual due to the weather.  

Is nobody else going to touch on your 130 miles driven per day? Why? Do you get a beej from the receptionist upon entering the building or what?

27 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Is nobody else going to touch on your 130 miles driven per day? Why? Do you get a beej from the receptionist upon entering the building or what?

Yeah really holy hell is that a commute. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I live on a nice 12 acre spread in the mountains.  I work for a major pharmaceutical company about 45 min north of the city.  I have no choice but to commute (or move closer and that ain’t happening! :lol:).

I’ve been doing it for 21 years now so am used to it.  And if you ever saw our admin you’d know a beej is definitely not of interest!  :roll:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2