JJAW IN, Fulgham Out

Traveler Vic

Why Fulgham is OUT, While JJAW makes the roster?

I know it is Howie, and JJAW is a second rounder...but what did JJAW ever do to be on the roster this year?

I just feel that Fulgham got a raw deal.

The team picked the players that performed best in TC. Backups were also being judged on ST contribution. 

I really like Fulgham and wish he had done more in TC to make the final 53. Regardless, Watson, Smith and Reagor all proved to be ahead of him. Ward had a solid camp. So it came down to Fulgham, JJAW, and Hightower and how many WRs they decided to keep. If another team doesn't sign Hightower or Fulgham from our PS, both guys will surely get at least a couple opportunities this year. So it's not the end of the world. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I know it is Howie, and JJAW is a second rounder...but what did JJAW ever do to be on the roster this year?

They said JJ was playing hard and trying to get better at whatever job they gave them while fugem moped like a **** that's why. Also who cares as long as the guys that are ahead of him play like they are supposed too.  /thread. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Fulgham is back - he cleared waivers and is on the Practice Squad.  Maybe the Eagles and the rest of the NFL know something that we don't.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Procus said:

Fulgham is back - he cleared waivers and is on the Practice Squad.  Maybe the Eagles and the rest of the NFL know something that we don't.

They always seem to with guys like that they bring back over and over and over never finding anything better. 

The eagles know that they can't draft for sheet and they can't keep anyone healthy so they better hold on to any kind of production they can. That's what they know the rest of the league doesnt

The person you should be blaming here is Fulgham. He was a projected starter at the start of camp, and managed to play so poorly he didn’t even make the team. It’s unfortunate, but he never showed anything in the games and apparently never showed anything in practices, either. He had a great opportunity, but completely squandered it.

• Like 7

If Fulgham was really the player that flashed before, he would have been a starter. The flash we saw was the proverbial "flash in the pan". He only flashed. It was an illusion, sadly.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, vaff said:

The person you should be blaming here is Fulgham. He was a projected starter at the start of camp, and managed to play so poorly he didn’t even make the team. It’s unfortunate, but he never showed anything in the games and apparently never showed anything in practices, either. He had a great opportunity, but completely squandered it.

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

If Fulgham was really the player that flashed before, he would have been a starter. The flash we saw was the proverbial "flash in the pan". He only flashed. It was an illusion, sadly.

Fulgham is young, healthy and cost controlled. Yet 31 teams decided to let him clear waivers. If any team thought he could reproduce those 4 games, he would have been snapped up.

And there were 53 guys rostered ahead of Fulgham, not just JJAW. Eagles could have easily kept 6 WRs if they felt Fulgham was worth a spot. 

• Like 2

It's not really about Fulgham, I find it incredibly hard to believe we couldn't find a WR UDFA or in the roster cuts lists that couldn't outperform JJAW. I mean yes sometimes a player will take a while to find their feet in the big leagues, but players that did as little as JJAW has done their first 2 seasons (when healthy throughout) who breakout as a solid contributor in year 3 are as common as Rocking Horse turds.

So yeah it's not that Fulgham isn't good enough it's that neither are, hell even Hightower had a better case for a potential year 2 progress than JJAW as a 2 year flat out bum.

• Thanks 1

Does it really matter which one is on the roster,  they both kind of suck and neither one would be on any other roster in the NFL.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

The team picked the players that performed best in TC. Backups were also being judged on ST contribution. 

I really like Fulgham and wish he had done more in TC to make the final 53. Regardless, Watson, Smith and Reagor all proved to be ahead of him. Ward had a solid camp. So it came down to Fulgham, JJAW, and Hightower and how many WRs they decided to keep. If another team doesn't sign Hightower or Fulgham from our PS, both guys will surely get at least a couple opportunities this year. So it's not the end of the world. 

The Eagles can now block 4 players from the PS from being signed by other teams. If Fulgham is worth anything they will designate 1 of those 4 choices to him.

27 minutes ago, mihailo said:

The Eagles can now block 4 players from the PS from being signed by other teams. If Fulgham is worth anything they will designate 1 of those 4 choices to him.

Honestly I don't think he is worth protecting.  I'd sooner see us protect Clark, Opeta and/or Awosika, and Stevens and/or Riley.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Honestly I don't think he is worth protecting.  I'd sooner see us protect Clark, Opeta and/or Awosika, and Stevens and/or Riley.

He didn't get picked up off waivers I doubt he gets another shot, 3 NFL teams have already decided he isn't good enough. he'll hang around the PS for a year or two but his shot at a playing career is done

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

He didn't get picked up off waivers I doubt he gets another shot, 3 NFL teams have already decided he isn't good enough. he'll hang around the PS for a year or two but his shot at a playing career is done

I don’t know, cause guys get hurt all the time. He has a chance to com back especially with the Eagles and if he doesn’t squander his chances he could stick. Clearly teams views his little burst as more of a flash in the pan than something elite. Everyone scouted this guy in the draft. There’s a reason why he was a 6th round pick and failed to make the roster of his team before. Heck the Eagles probably don’t even pick him up last season if guys could stay healthy. 

I'm surprised the Eagles haven't made a move for a WR who was cut from another roster. Not because there was necessarily an obvious choice but just because this team is scary light at WR and are one injury away from JJAW playing pretty significant snaps.

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm surprised the Eagles haven't made a move for a WR who was cut from another roster. Not because there was necessarily an obvious choice but just because this team is scary light at WR and are one injury away from JJAW playing pretty significant snaps.

I think we have a lot of unknowns but a lot of exciting potential as well. JJAW is the number 5, so it would take at least 2 injuries for him to be playing a lot, particularly as we have Ertz and Goedert. I don’t think there are many teams who would feel good about their current WR5 playing significant snaps.

The final decision was probably really close. Looks like we gambled that Fulgham would draw less interest on the open market than JJAW. Obviously we have no way of knowing if JJAW would have drawn interest, but we know Fulgham didn't, so we were at least half right in that assessment. Either way, Fulgham's on the practice squad, so this is a non-issue. Hopefully neither will have to take meaningful regular season snaps on offense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kz! said:

The final decision was probably really close. Looks like we gambled that Fulgham would draw less interest on the open market than JJAW. Obviously we have no way of knowing if JJAW would have drawn interest, but we know Fulgham didn't, so we were at least half right in that assessment. Either way, Fulgham's on the practice squad, so this is a non-issue. Hopefully neither will have to take meaningful regular season snaps on offense. 

I would have gambled that someone may have had interest in JJAWful, the been happy when he was claimed. 

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They always seem to with guys like that they bring back over and over and over never finding anything better. 

The eagles know that they can't draft for sheet and they can't keep anyone healthy so they better hold on to any kind of production they can. That's what they know the rest of the league doesnt

You probably can say that about most NFL squads.  The bottom line is that these bubble, practice squad type players are still star athletes.  It's just that there are very limited number of open spots on NFL rosters.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I would have gambled that someone may have had interest in JJAWful, the been happy when he was claimed. 

That's why you and I are not NFL GM's.

1 minute ago, Procus said:

It was a joke, but, the dude sucks.  Could you imagine how happy this board would be if he was waived, and then claimed by another team.  

44 minutes ago, Procus said:

I'm sure you can but not TheClownDownUnder can do better than Howie, so quit with the 'that's why you're not an NFL GM'. 

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It was a joke, but, the dude sucks.  Could you imagine how happy this board would be if he was waived, and then claimed by another team.  

They'd be happy until JJAW got his first reception with the new team. Then, TATeRgeddon!

• Haha 1