EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing WFT open up the season with consecutive home games made me wonder when the last time we opened up the season with back to back home games.

You have to go all the way back to 2004 when we opened up at home against NYG and then had a MNF game against the Vikings. 

Watching Daniel Jones only makes me think of what might be the most pathetic play all around in NFL history, when busted a run where he ended up outrunning our entire defense and only widening the gap on his way to what would have been an 88 yard TD run only to fall down short of the endzone.  

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’m gonna guess WFT? 

BTW he’s been a great follow so far this season. Lots of very cool insights. 

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I can't address that... and the same with the WR position.   I don't have the luxury of following all 31 other teams like I do this one.  

As for the PS shopping, they didn't have to shop the PS and hope to get them to accept the contract.  The waiver claim after the cut to 53 would have sealed them coming in.  KeeSean Johnson was one name, but ultimately, that's not something I can answer.  What disappointed me was that they really didn't bring in anyone.  Maybe they put in a bunch of claims and they just got sniped by the top 5 teams ahead of them, but I doubt that it would have been many.  

This is a lament without a preference.  It is more along the lines of don't be fooled by what you've seen by Ward.  He's not going to get much better than he is.  he regressed as a punt returner (or at least was more exposed the more he was back there), and the same is true of him as a WR.  Basically, slot only, not very big and strong for blocking or ST purposes, not fast for ST purposes as a gunner.  At LB... not many names for me to throw out there... but the corps is so weak, hard to believe there's not someone worth kicking the tires on.  

Didn't the Eagles cut Amendola?  Too small, too slow, ended a 12 year career with 5,998 yards, 22 TDs.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

Didn't the Eagles cut Amendola?  Too small, too slow, ended a 12 year career with 5,998 yards, 22 TDs.

Signed off Eagles practice squad by the Rams.

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Sure.  You have a point with that or just grazing?   

It doesn’t mean crap having a stud defense if you got a crap OLine and backup QB

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Of course you did.  How high did you draft him? 

10. Shut up. 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

It doesn’t mean crap having a stud defense if you got a crap OLine and backup QB

Thats what I was saying. They need to be a generational defense to carry that crap on offense. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Thats what I was saying. They need to be a generational defense to carry that crap on offense. 

The 2000 Ravens may not make the playoffs in today’s NFL

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The 2000 Ravens may not make the playoffs in today’s NFL

True true. 

1 minute ago, olsilverhair said:

I missed it, did it buckle sideways or back,  that stinks for the young fella

Who was it?  Not watching the game.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok. Awful looking leg injury.  All I need to know.  Don’t need to see it.  Thank you.  

I looked away and didn't see what it was.  Assumed it was his neck/spine when I saw the board.   

Archived