EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He's only played 2.   2000 scrimmage yards in one.  And that screams 'average' to you?   :unsure:   ok, no bias here.

Yep. Screw Average Saquon and the rest of the Giants. You can cheer him if you want. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I wonder what goes into the choice. For awhile I believe it had to be a team who hadn’t been on in so many years and missed the playoffs in consecutive years? I could be wrong 

With the way the rules are set up for the offseason I’d have to imagine in-season was a volunteer thing. 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He's thrown some terrible balls tonight.  The last few have been good.

I might be grading him on a Daniel Jones-like curve.

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

Daniel Jones doesn't look bad tonight. 

I mean he has 8 career wins and 4 have come against Washington. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

The ones he misses must of been real bad cause all I keep reading is how terrible he is and can't throw but, his stat line is 16/21.... 

Case in point... 3rd and 7, Shepard is wide open running across the middle.  Jones puts the ball in front of him its an easy conversion and Shepard might pick up 20+... instead he throws it low and behind him, Shepard does a diving pirouette and makes the catch, 2 yards short of the sticks.  Completion, but a terrible throw.  (Called back due to a defensive hold, so it won't be on the stat book anyway, but it was brutally bad.  A couple others have been off target yet caught.  We aren't used to seeing those balls caught often around the Eagles in recent years.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Gotta really respect the progress toney has made from week one to week 2. Going from -2 yards receiving to 0 yards 

Something something getting 1% percent better something something 

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

Yep. Screw Average Saquon and the rest of the Giants. You can cheer him if you want. 

Yep... because saying that its ridiculous to call him average makes me a Giants' fan now.   :nonono:

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Yep... because saying that its ridiculous to call him average makes me a Giants' fan now.   :nonono:

Not a Giants fan. A Barkley fan. Equally as gross. 

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

Saints have the hurricane angle + Jameis.  49ers have a QB battle. Patriots have a guy they're trying to groom as an heir apparent.  Cardinals have several big personalities on their team with star power and are finally looking good again. Rams are one of the best teams in the league with a new QB.  

And all have much bigger fanbases tan the Colts.  

Colts have a ginger dullard who won't get vaccinated.  Meh.  

Maybe I'm just not into that stuff then. I tried to watch hard knocks this season and was bored out of my mind. Watching people walking around at practice is not just see TV for me I guess lol. 

Belichick and Mac Jones could not be a more boring duo to watch on TV lol. 

This is mid season stuff though... All that stuff you mentioned is preseason stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Case in point... 3rd and 7, Shepard is wide open running across the middle.  Jones puts the ball in front of him its an easy conversion and Shepard might pick up 20+... instead he throws it low and behind him, Shepard does a diving pirouette and makes the catch, 2 yards short of the sticks.  Completion, but a terrible throw.  (Called back due to a defensive hold, so it won't be on the stat book anyway, but it was brutally bad.  A couple others have been off target yet caught.  We aren't used to seeing those balls caught often around the Eagles in recent years.

I was just expecting to see 50% completion percentage stat line lol. I have it on now so I'll see what kind of nonsense I've been missing

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe I'm just not into that stuff then. I tried to watch hard knocks this season and was bored out of my mind. Watching people walking around at practice is not just see TV for me I guess lol. 

This is mid season stuff though... All that stuff you mentioned is preseason stuff. 

I’m intrigued by it. Hard Knocks usually doesn’t have a big in-depth focus on the star players. They will show them here and there but the main stories usually revolve around bottom of the depth chart guys. Being in season could be really good, but also could be painfully boring depending on what they actually show/build around. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's fair, but the tricky part is that by announcing it now, they have to predict who the interesting team will be.  Which seems tough to do.  

Just now, DEagle7 said:

That's fair, but the tricky part is that by announcing it now, they have to predict who the interesting team will be.  Which seems tough to do.  

Well maybe by mid season the whole league and it's fans will hate Wentz lol. We have a lot of eagles fans and more and more colts fans sick of him already lol. 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

But you have no bias.  Got it.

None. There are guys on other teams I can say play well. Barkley compared to hype of him coming out of college has been average to me. 

You can disagree. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m intrigued by it. Hard Knocks usually doesn’t have a big in-depth focus on the star players. They will show them here and there but the main stories usually revolve around bottom of the depth chart guys. Being in season could be really good, but also could be painfully boring depending on what they actually show/build around. 

It could be, idk I guess I just don't care what they do off the field or in practice. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I think the violator should have his hands cut off. 

What would the penalty be for an INT? 

3 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

None. There are guys on other teams I can say play well. Barkley compared to hype of him coming out of college has been average to me. 

You can disagree. 

Just curious. What would he have to do to meet the hype? Like Adrian Peterson’s best season? 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Joe Judge denying Paganetti back on the table 

The giants electing to keep gettleman every year is anti-analytics 

Archived