EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Barkley is coming off an ACL injury.  Judging him by the game tonight is ridiculous.   And he's running behind a garbage OL his whole career.   It was foolish for the Giants to take him #2 overall.   That said, calling him average is just biased.

Barkley had 2000 yards from scrimmage his rookie year.   I'd love to know what 'average' RBs have done that.    The Giants offense is Barkley.  Stop him, you stop the Giants, because Jones can't throw.   

There have been lots of RBs who had big seasons and fell off. For all the hype coming out of college he hasn’t delivered to say the least. 

Me Biased? Aren’t you the Penn St fan boy? 

Just now, DEagle7 said:

I mean maybe with Carson. But still I can think of plenty of teams with more compelling backstories right now.  Saints, Patriots, 49ers, Jags, Cardinals, Rams etc etc etc.

Meh none of them really excite me either. I don't care about Winston, Patriots blah turn the page already. 49ers who cares, 

Jags maybe since they are a sheet show already. 

Cardinals 🤷

Rams they have Stafford and they will be really good..... Other then that? 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Such a bad idea.

For ratings or Carson Wentz and the Colts? I don’t see what the big deal is here. 

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

There have been lots of RBs who had big seasons and fell off. For all the hype coming out of college he hasn’t delivered to say the least. 

No.  I'm a fan, but hardly a boy.  And I generally don't want the Eagles to draft PSU players.  

Meanwhile, let me know which RBs put up 2000 yards from scrimmage.   AND... on a terrible team.   I'll wait while you look it up.  

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

No.  I'm a fan, but hardly a boy.  And I generally don't want the Eagles to draft PSU players.  

Meanwhile, let me know which RBs put up 2000 yards from scrimmage.   AND... on a terrible team.   I'll wait while you look it up.  

Probably none. He had one great season. Doesn’t change my opinion of him.

5 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

He had over 3,400 yards in his only two full seasons behind a crappy O-Line and with a crappy QB. I think that’s pretty good. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Meh none of them really excite me either. I don't care about Winston, Patriots blah turn the page already. 49ers who cares, 

Jags maybe since they are a sheet show already. 

Cardinals 🤷

Rams they have Stafford and they will be really good..... Other then that? 

I mean sure we have a vested interest.  But who else is going to be interested in an above average team whose biggest piece of drama is "will a QB with the charisma of a moist towelette not get injured/COVID enough to play 75% of the games"?  I bet the vast majority of NFL fans would prefer any of those teams I listed.

Not to get ahead of myself but If Eagles keep playing well we should be able to win this division. Both these teams are 👎👎

4 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Probably none. He had one great season. Doesn’t change my opinion of him.

He's only played 2.   2000 scrimmage yards in one.  And that screams 'average' to you?   :unsure:   ok, no bias here.

Just now, DEagle7 said:

I mean sure we have a vested interest.  But who else is going to be interested in an above average team whose biggest piece of drama is "will a QB with the charisma of a moist towelette not get injured/COVID enough to play 75% of the games"?  I bet the vast majority of NFL fans would prefer any of those teams I listed.

I have no desire to see Wentz either so it isn't about that. I literally have no interest in any of those teams you listed . No real drama going on with any of those teams with the exception of the Jags but, they won't show them with a new coach and QB. I don't see the appeal of any of those other teams. 

26 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

It still blows my mind that they didn't take Darnold or Chubb. Even if they didn't like Darnold for whatever reason, Chubb was a slam dunk

Yeah i could’ve understood Bradley chubb at 2 as a pass rusher. Still think if they weren’t taking darnold or a QB, They really should’ve just traded no. 2 with the massive amount of holes they had. That draft teams wanted to trade up for darnold and mayfield. Capitalize on it if you didn’t love either. Like the Colts did when they got Nelson by moving back three picks and got some extra ammo. 

Guest justrelax
52 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ah... so you went that direction with it.  I thought you were merely saying that a team built around a great defense couldn't make the playoffs.   You are literally saying that the 2000 Ravens, with those particular players built for that era wouldn't make the playoffs.   Sure.  And the 1970s Steelers wouldn't either.  

My point is that if a team is built for defense and can actually do what they did, they would absolutely make the playoffs.  I think the better point would be to say that a team can't really be built to win on defense like the 2000 Ravens anymore because of the rule changes.  That is likely an accurate assessment.

I want to come back to this post because it addresses some things I've been pondering.

But not tonight. Good post, though, I_P.

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Ugh. This is ugly.  WTF has a solid D and that is about it for either team. 

A solid defense is something.  But it's not a lot in a league where a merely decent offense on a good day will still have its way with a top 5 defense, especially when the WTF offense can't help keep them off the field.

This division was one of the worst in NFL history last year and it didn't change overnight.

Gotta really respect the progress toney has made from week one to week 2. Going from -2 yards receiving to 0 yards 

Just now, RLC said:

Daniel Jones doesn't look bad tonight. 

He's thrown some terrible balls tonight.  The last few have been good.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

He's thrown some terrible balls tonight.  The last few have been good.

The ones he misses must of been real bad cause all I keep reading is how terrible he is and can't throw but, his stat line is 16/21.... 

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Daniel Jones doesn't look bad tonight. 

If you just watched that last drive and looked at his completion %, then I agree. He looked like a garbage can until about 5 min ago.

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I have no desire to see Wentz either so it isn't about that. I literally have no interest in any of those teams you listed . No real drama going on with any of those teams with the exception of the Jags but, they won't show them with a new coach and QB. I don't see the appeal of any of those other teams. 

Saints have the hurricane angle + Jameis.  49ers have a QB battle. Patriots have a guy they're trying to groom as an heir apparent to the GOAT.  Cardinals have several big personalities on their team with star power and are finally looking good again. Rams are one of the best teams in the league with a new QB.  

And all have much bigger fanbases tan the Colts.  

Colts have a ginger dullard who won't get vaccinated.  Meh.  

Archived