Eagles Corners - signed new corners for depth

EagleVA

On 9/3/2021 at 5:00 PM, Utebird said:

4.46 isn't that slow, and while it would be awesome to have all corners be over 6ft tall and run 4.3s that's not realistic, those guys don't grow on trees.

Ross is only 5'8" which like Maddox relegates him to nickel corner, playing nickel isn't so much about straight line speed as it is about quickness vision.

If one is playing a ton of cover 2 then ones ability to jam backpedal and close to the ball is more important than being able to run with a WR.

I think slay and nelson will be fine, and even though Maddox is fast I think he's a liability at nickel as he looked as lost there as he does on the outside, I think his best position is FS but he's just too small to hold up there over a 16 game season.

Zech no matter how fast he is or isn't i expect him to have his rookie struggles I'd guess he'll see some reps inside in dime, I don't think he has the length to be effective in the outside.

your correct about maddox in the slot , it seemed if the pass rush wasn't able to get to the QB , maddox gave up a completion. zech will end up the stater as season unfolds.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Future HOF CB ran 4.56

Charles Woodson   a 4.45

John Lynch a 4.60

Eligible next year 

Asante Samuel 4.49

Ronde Barber 4.68

Who are you speaking of? 

58 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Charles Woodson   a 4.45

John Lynch a 4.60

Eligible next year 

Asante Samuel 4.49

Ronde Barber 4.68

Who are you speaking of? 

Richard Sherman 

24 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Richard Sherman 

Ahh yes then add to the list. 

Thanks for the research to show Speed Racer that just cause you’re fast doesn’t make you a good CB. Straight line speed is at the bottom of the list for relevant stats related to the position. 

He is coming off Denver practice squad, but considering Denver was loaded at CB..it is a win.

1 hour ago, Talkingbirds said:

Would have loved A veteran LB instead.

we were thin in the secondary, had to be done.

On 9/6/2021 at 12:08 PM, Outlaw said:

Thanks for the research to show Speed Racer that just cause you’re fast doesn’t make you a good CB. Straight line speed is at the bottom of the list for relevant stats related to the position. 

Will find some more tomorrow. Here is the top 40 times for the 2018 corners.

54B2D17C-3732-470B-A960-114F8624A9B0.jpeg